Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

aucheukyan

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
4,647
Reaction score
328
no wonder. I was expecting it to be light yellowish green like highlighter color..

in that case should I:

1) black>glosscoat>silver>fluorescent green

or

2) black>silver>glosscoat>fluorescent green

or

3) black>silver>fluorescent green>glosscoat

you can add some fluorescent yellow into the mix to brighten up the flourscent green
 

sliver0503

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
5,578
Reaction score
4
finished this yest:
IMGP0609.jpg


more pics can be found here
 

sliver0503

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
5,578
Reaction score
4
btw, can upload the pics to flickr?

coz must login to see pic...

eh.. just sign up for an acct, its very easy de. think a few of the bros has an acct there oso.
sorry abt this as hwz can only upload 8 pics per post.. so i had to upload the pics in other forum as i hav more than 8 pics. i seek your kind understanding in this matter.
 

theclerksays

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
finished this yest:
IMGP0609.jpg


more pics can be found here

wah you complete your kit so fast and look so nice! Your RG white zaku took only a week to complete?:eek: BTW, is it possible to remove the pilot figure from the skygrasper? Or is the seat attached together with the pilot?

Anyway My SD kit started like 2 weeks ago and I'm only halfway done painting:s13:
 

sliver0503

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
5,578
Reaction score
4
wah you complete your kit so fast and look so nice! Your RG white zaku took only a week to complete?:eek: BTW, is it possible to remove the pilot figure from the skygrasper? Or is the seat attached together with the pilot?

Anyway My SD kit started like 2 weeks ago and I'm only halfway done painting:s13:

E entire rg sky grasper n e sword/launcher pack took mi longer than e rg shin matsunaga to complete, work n family commitment is a challenge to juggle w gunpla...
Hope to see yr sd kit soon!

As for yr qn of e pilot n cockpit seat, think e following will ans yr qn:
IMGP0564.jpg
 

aucheukyan

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
4,647
Reaction score
328
thnx for your help.


So I mix fluorescent yellow with fluorescent green or spray yellow first then spray green? Sorry I'm a real noob when it comes to gunpla.

mix in, make sure its the same type of paint i.e Lacquer and mix them till you get desired colour lo........ kinda like you mix black with white to make grey....:s22:
 

theclerksays

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
mix in, make sure its the same type of paint i.e Lacquer and mix them till you get desired colour lo........ kinda like you mix black with white to make grey....:s22:

ok! tmr will go buy fluorescent yellow and chrome silver.

then will complete spraying white color. I aim to finish by end of this week:s22:

so far left 2 colors+head
 

Zephon

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
finally done 40% of my kit (OMG what a painful painting job...)

as usual, no air brush :p

559822_10150651218264495_532769494_9590075_1000741180_n.jpg


553892_10150651218489495_532769494_9590077_200894995_n.jpg
 

Zephon

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
nice post shadings on the panel lines, what did you use??? weathering masters?
yope, tamiya weathering master. (gray color) I just follow the instruction posted by one of c-fu (is it posted by silver?) here not too long ago. As for the panel lining, guess what? I used a normal mechanical pencil... instead of gundam panel lining marker... :s
 
Last edited:

Noctilucence

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
368
Reaction score
1
yope, tamiya weathering master. (gray color) I just follow the instruction posted by one of c-fu (is it posted by silver?) here not too long ago. As for the panel lining, guess what? I used a normal mechanical pencil... instead of gundam panel lining marker... :s

is by sliver. I'm also using the weathering master after reading that guide.
Alternative shading without airbrush (try at own risk)
 

theclerksays

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
Think next time I will use white primer for my kits.:s13:

painting layers and layers of white on my grey primed kit is taking forever. Because of all the layers, the surface has become more rough....
 

alexmcqueen

Master Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
4,194
Reaction score
0
Think next time I will use white primer for my kits.:s13:

painting layers and layers of white on my grey primed kit is taking forever. Because of all the layers, the surface has become more rough....

Not becos too many layers. but becos u didnt let the layers in between dry properly.

let each layer dry, better yet, cure, to get the best results.
 

theclerksays

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
Not becos too many layers. but becos u didnt let the layers in between dry properly.

let each layer dry, better yet, cure, to get the best results.

usually how long does it take to dry each layer? And what is cure? leave overnight?

I'm thinning my paint 75% thinner 25% paint

I let each layer dry for 15 minutes...


So far other colors turned out ok... only the white is rough...
 

sliver0503

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
5,578
Reaction score
4
now proven it works :D

Eh.. Confirm worked.. I done up a few kits using tat method liao.. :p
Tks for giving my method a shot n glad yr results turned out well :)
Hope to see yr works in sggs soon!
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top