Harbin free and easy

johnsonheng

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2002
Messages
52,767
Reaction score
4,728
Because the weather is very dry during Winter, probably for tourist like us we cannot tahan the cold and need to wear a scarf/mask to protect the nose.

When u wear specs and breathe through the mask, there will be water condensation form on the specs lens. You need to remove the specs and wipe the mist off the lens quickly. If you dun, the mist will turn into ice and you cannot see properly. Soon it will turn into ice Specs frame... then u need to go indoor and wait for the ice on the lens to melt and wipe off.

Quite troublesome. Dun underestimate the coldness in harbin.

To be honest, wet cold is far more worst than dry cold........ I encounter it in Hunan before I fly to Harbin....
 

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
65,920
Reaction score
11,408
Hi, I will be going to Harbin next year Feb.

Does the shops there accept credit cards or better to carry cash? I know hotel should accept credit card (already booked and pay online).

Will be going for 4 days 3 nights. Traveling with the wife, 4yo daughter and mum. I booked a room with twin beds. Manhattan hotel 2 nights and wanda realm 1 night.

My planned itinerary:
Day 1
Arrived in harbin and check in to hotel. Go to sophia cathedral nearby and explore the shopping street.
Day 2
Sun island in the morning. Go to the river in the afternoon to see what activities they have.
Day 3
Check out of hotel, go to new hotel then ice festival in afternoon till evening to see the lights.
Day 4
Check out and take train back to Jilin.

Decided not to go to far away places such as snow village or yaebuling coz of the long hours on the road.

Any comment and tips will be appreciated.

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,632
Reaction score
3,484
Hi, I will be going to Harbin next year Feb.

Does the shops there accept credit cards or better to carry cash? I know hotel should accept credit card (already booked and pay online).

Will be going for 4 days 3 nights. Traveling with the wife, 4yo daughter and mum. I booked a room with twin beds. Manhattan hotel 2 nights and wanda realm 1 night.

My planned itinerary:
Day 1
Arrived in harbin and check in to hotel. Go to sophia cathedral nearby and explore the shopping street.
Day 2
Sun island in the morning. Go to the river in the afternoon to see what activities they have.
Day 3
Check out of hotel, go to new hotel then ice festival in afternoon till evening to see the lights.
Day 4
Check out and take train back to Jilin.

Decided not to go to far away places such as snow village or yaebuling coz of the long hours on the road.

Any comment and tips will be appreciated.

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

Most places only accept Chinese banks issued credit cards.

No need to enter the Cathedral. Nothing inside.
 

johnsonheng

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2002
Messages
52,767
Reaction score
4,728
Hi, I will be going to Harbin next year Feb.

Does the shops there accept credit cards or better to carry cash? I know hotel should accept credit card (already booked and pay online).

Will be going for 4 days 3 nights. Traveling with the wife, 4yo daughter and mum. I booked a room with twin beds. Manhattan hotel 2 nights and wanda realm 1 night.

My planned itinerary:
Day 1
Arrived in harbin and check in to hotel. Go to sophia cathedral nearby and explore the shopping street.
Day 2
Sun island in the morning. Go to the river in the afternoon to see what activities they have.
Day 3
Check out of hotel, go to new hotel then ice festival in afternoon till evening to see the lights.
Day 4
Check out and take train back to Jilin.

Decided not to go to far away places such as snow village or yaebuling coz of the long hours on the road.

Any comment and tips will be appreciated.

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

Take more cash. Take note nothing much to see other than the ice festive. If got time go chang bai Shan
 

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
65,920
Reaction score
11,408
Thanks for the reply guys. I have been to Chang Bai shan a few years back. I went in Autumn though.

Yeah, the only reason I want to go to harbin is for the ice festival to tick off the bucket list.

I will bring more cash then.

Thanks again.
 

johnsonheng

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2002
Messages
52,767
Reaction score
4,728
Please go both day and night, because queue is long, if you wish to play the theme park games, take along more warm water and some food, as the stuff inside is expensive
 

vuzuuu

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
1,144
Reaction score
44
Does anyone knows where could I catch a cheap flight from Singapore to Harbin?
Thanks.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Consider scoot to Shenyang and take a 3hr train ride to Harbin. No direct flights.
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,566
Reaction score
3,283
There are flights to harbin fm shanghai too. So can see both places
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top