Have you ever consider before,

Icychemist

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
256
Why u care other people how. Just do whatever u like.

i just wonder if people live life seeing small picture or big picture.

like do they look at their life in terms of what's going on right now.

or do they look at their life in like a facebook timeline where they can see the start and the journey and know that the end is somewhere out there, but dunno where yet.

if so, will they regret on the day they die? lol.
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,765
Reaction score
20,771
i just wonder if people live life seeing small picture or big picture.

like do they look at their life in terms of what's going on right now.

or do they look at their life in like a facebook timeline where they can see the start and the journey and know that the end is somewhere out there, but dunno where yet.

if so, will they regret on the day they die? lol.
Must have some ambition and goals also lah. Especially for young people.

Otherwise how to do better for the family?

If parents rich then ok lah. But parents rich is also cos they had ambition and goals and aspirations.

Someone has to start. Of course later generations can squander away also.
 

JohannSu1864

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2021
Messages
13,118
Reaction score
9,097
i just wonder if people live life seeing small picture or big picture.

like do they look at their life in terms of what's going on right now.

or do they look at their life in like a facebook timeline where they can see the start and the journey and know that the end is somewhere out there, but dunno where yet.

if so, will they regret on the day they die? lol.
But comparing just makes one unhappy. Need to find peace n do what that truly makes us happy. Like I just tuck my nieces n nephew to zz. Now accompany my mom watch her lame drama. This moment will be gone soon. But I just enjoy this moment with her is worth it.
 

tokong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2015
Messages
48,475
Reaction score
16,021
when will you take a backseat in life?

like every day chiong. Work so hard.

I see some people, got 1 car, not enough. go for a sport car.
Got 1 house, not enough, go for 1 more condo.

when will they be satisfied?

and more importantly, when will you take a back seat in life? Is there like a $$$ figure? or a age number? or certain ambition or achievements?

please share!

for me, i think if i got house/car, no debt. i wanna take backseat liao. enjoy the peace in life.

Last time I went to a ktv 夜总会 in Geylang, the ktv girl very beautiful, was assigned to my table. she picked up a microphone from the ktv counter and said, life is like bus number 7, start from bedok ends in clementi, got start got end, 有人上车有人下车 (got people board and people alight), life is like a bus journey, don't take things too seriously, you board alone at one end and then at the other end you alight, 人生就走完了. So there is nothing to chase, just do your best to survive. Got then got, happy, but don't have then don't have, live simple. See the view along the way. Although we knew she took it from some movie, we all applause after a moment of quietness. The way she said it was so reflective, some of her jiemei dropped tears.
 

Icychemist

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
256
But comparing just makes one unhappy. Need to find peace n do what that truly makes us happy. Like I just tuck my nieces n nephew to zz. Now accompany my mom watch her lame drama. This moment will be gone soon. But I just enjoy this moment with her is worth it.

I honestly think simple things like these are the real bliss. I also remember a few years back, every sat/sun, i'll sit in living room with mum to watch channel U's Thai drama.

now busy, didn't watch anymore...
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,765
Reaction score
20,771
Last time I went to a ktv 夜总会 in Geylang, the ktv girl very beautiful, was assigned to my table. she picked up a microphone from the ktv counter and said, life is like bus number 7, start from bedok ends in clementi, got start got end, 有人上车有人下车 (got people board and people alight), life is like a bus journey, don't take things too seriously, you board alone at one end and then at the other end you alight, 人生就走完了. So there is nothing to chase, just do your best to survive. Got then got, happy, but don't have then don't have, live simple. See the view along the way. Although we knew she took it from some movie, we all applause after a moment of quietness. The way she said it was so reflective, some of her jiemei dropped tears.
Happy in the end Jiu hao
 

dereth

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,074
Reaction score
6,644
The mthly expenses u get from passive incomes? I myself spend v little ($1k/mth can liao. Stay with parents but give allowances, pay house bills and just nua using internet no outside entertainment) , but still long term cannot be totally go into boot n do nothing. Still gotta have some income somehow.
Passive income is a few K a month. Enough to get by.
 

TimsTom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
17,353
Reaction score
6,408
Passive income is a few K a month. Enough to get by.
May i know is it from business onwership dividens, investments dividends or rentals from property? Few K yes definitely very good enough! 👍 I hope to be so too.
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,765
Reaction score
20,771
The mthly expenses u get from passive incomes? I myself spend v little ($1k/mth can liao. Stay with parents but give allowances, pay house bills and just nua using internet no outside entertainment) , but still long term cannot be totally go into boot n do nothing. Still gotta have some income somehow.

That's a good practice anyway.
For most people, got something to do each day is good. Better if it has meaning. Also good if it brings in some cashflow.
If the work you do is not stressful and makes you happy then why stop? Work a bit. Part time maybe. Of course this depends what kind of field one is in.
Sounds like you are doing well mentally. That's healthy.
 

wulu1_69

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
9,501
Reaction score
2,802

are you reaching your goal already?
In a few years time when move into bbfa house lo, take max garmen benefits and take a backseat in corporate till tio pok and get a lump sum payout without cpf and also tax free
 

dereth

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,074
Reaction score
6,644
May i know is it from business onwership dividens, investments dividends or rentals from property? Few K yes definitely very good enough! 👍 I hope to be so too.

I'm currently living off dividends from US equities. I was fortunate that during my previous employment, I managed to DCA a decent amount into my company's shares. The growth in that company eventually allowed me to retire when I was retrenched.

At the time, it wasn't really an active decision to do so. But soon after, my wife was diagnosed with cancer, and that made me re-evaluate my priorities. Early retirement became less about financial freedom and more about being able to support her and focus on what truly mattered - My family.

I'm truly grateful and humbled to have been in a position in life where I could choose that path.

I wish you the best in life, and one day, be in a similar situation where you can afford to get off the beaten path to see, and appreciate life from a whole different perspective.
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,765
Reaction score
20,771
I'm currently living off dividends from US equities. I was fortunate that during my previous employment, I managed to DCA a decent amount into my company's shares. The growth in that company eventually allowed me to retire when I was retrenched.

At the time, it wasn't really an active decision to do so. But soon after, my wife was diagnosed with cancer, and that made me re-evaluate my priorities. Early retirement became less about financial freedom and more about being able to support her and focus on what truly mattered - My family.

I'm truly grateful and humbled to have been in a position where I could choose that path.
bro you the best man!

You even better than @cosmothecat cos your stocks will still continue to explode and grow as the years go by.

I willing to bet that by the time you pass away you will be one of the richest people in Singapore.

Gxgx bro! You should start planning how many of those catamaran yacht to buy. Not if. Matter of when. And how many now! :)
 

cosmothecat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
39,573
Reaction score
23,265
bro you the best man!

You even better than @cosmothecat cos your stocks will still continue to explode and grow as the years go by.

I willing to bet that by the time you pass away you will be one of the richest people in Singapore.

Gxgx bro! You should start planning how many of those catamaran yacht to buy. Not if. Matter of when. And how many now! :)
Please give chance, wait until Friday then post this comment

Maybe this Thursday I win another $10 million Toto prize leh?
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,765
Reaction score
20,771
Please give chance, wait until Friday then post this comment

Maybe this Thursday I win another $10 million Toto prize leh?

Yeah but you won't be putting the $10m into AVGO stock right? So you still won't be as rich as dereth bro.

Another 20 years time when we have AI and robots and AI revolution is in full swing, AVGO stock is going to be worth $3m per stock. Of course will have stock splits etc.

If you buy all into AVGO then yes you will be richer.
 

dereth

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,074
Reaction score
6,644
bro you the best man!

You even better than @cosmothecat cos your stocks will still continue to explode and grow as the years go by.

I willing to bet that by the time you pass away you will be one of the richest people in Singapore.

Gxgx bro! You should start planning how many of those catamaran yacht to buy. Not if. Matter of when. And how many now! :)

This is where you are wrong, brother.

With @cosmothecat's capital ($8m?), there's so much fun to be had.

Imagine if one dared to invest all 8m into the current bull market a few years ago, guaranteed centi-millionaire now. 😆

I still like your enthusiasm, bro. Let's pray that all of us on Earth will live in abundance and never have to worry about food or money again. Let's pray for world peace. 🙏
 

cosmothecat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
39,573
Reaction score
23,265
Yeah but you won't be putting the $10m into AVGO stock right? So you still won't be as rich as dereth bro.

Another 20 years time when we have AI and robots and AI revolution is in full swing, AVGO stock is going to be worth $3m per stock. Of course will have stock splits etc.

If you buy all into AVGO then yes you will be richer.
I will use the $10 million to buy OTHER AI stocks, can?
 

dereth

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,074
Reaction score
6,644
Please give chance, wait until Friday then post this comment

Maybe this Thursday I win another $10 million Toto prize leh?

I sincerely wish you luck. 🙏

I had a close call with Toto years ago myself.

5 out of 6 numbers, with the last one a 21 or 23 when it should be 22. That close.

Ended up with Group 3. About $900.

Well, it's in my life to not ever prosper by gambling. So I'll never allow myself to indulge.

A little $1 Toto doesn't hurt, though, which is what I bet for Thursday. 😁
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top