[HDD] Western Digital RMA

bockscar

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
0
Digging up old thread.

Someone said that can either mail them the HD or bring it down to Solectron right?

If i wanna go down to Solectron, do i have to bring the entire box etc? I've already registered the HD at the website and it's eligible for RMA
 

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
10,563
Reaction score
0
my hardisk is wd mypassbook elite........how do i go and replace my hardisk????

5026226949_f3e4f09941_b.jpg


5003082346_1978c1fe07_z.jpg


5003938308_0fc6ba9aef_z.jpg
 

Internetsexplorer

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2008
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
0
I have a My Book Home Edition and it won't power on. If I RMA will they give me a totally new HD or replace the enclosure only if that's the problem?
 

deathbringer

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Hi,

anyone familiar with 1-to-1 exchange at Achieva or at Flextronics Chai Chee road? I lost my warranty card and receipt, but have registered my Passport portable harddisk in the website. Will they accept the exchange?
 

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Messages
19,935
Reaction score
0
that should be ok but u need to call them before creating the RMA request online to confirm.
 

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Messages
19,935
Reaction score
0
I have a question:
If my wd scorpio blue comes with my hp laptop, is it covered by wd?
if the WD HDD is part of your HP laptop; not bought separately from retail shop, then the warranty is covered by HP
 

copp3r

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2000
Messages
1,048
Reaction score
20
I got 2 questions:

a) I read in some threads that we can go down to Solectron @ Chai Chee (instead of mailing the HDD). Is it doable? When's the last time you did it?

b) How much does it cost to mail (and fulfill the RMA packaging requirement) a 3.5" Internal HDD to Chai Chee, if you can remember ?
 

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Messages
19,935
Reaction score
0
you can try contacting these numbers for SG WD HDD Support :

1800-608-6008
+65 62430496

Their operating hours is from 9am-6pm
 

Lizanne

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
797
Reaction score
0
I just bought 2x2TB WD Cavier Green from Best Bargain in Comex. Bought it instead of Seagate because they told me it is 5 years warranty.
But i checked online that the warranty is only 3 years.
Is the warranty covered under Best Bargain or WD?
 

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,966
Reaction score
2,571
I just bought 2x2TB WD Cavier Green from Best Bargain in Comex. Bought it instead of Seagate because they told me it is 5 years warranty.
But i checked online that the warranty is only 3 years.
Is the warranty covered under Best Bargain or WD?

Achieva distri provide = 5yrs.

WD = 3yrs.

But still during this 3yrs period, its still best to head back to achieva.

heard ppl mentioning that if during this 3yrs period u RMA thru WD, ur achieva warranty = byebye.
 

copp3r

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2000
Messages
1,048
Reaction score
20
Achieva distri provide = 5yrs.

WD = 3yrs.

But still during this 3yrs period, its still best to head back to achieva.

heard ppl mentioning that if during this 3yrs period u RMA thru WD, ur achieva warranty = byebye.

I lost my receipt.
Would it be a problem when doing the RMA to Achieva?
 

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,966
Reaction score
2,571
I lost my receipt.
Would it be a problem when doing the RMA to Achieva?

check the WD label on ur HDD.

they should state the date of manufacture. They will go according to that or their database.

take note achieva has already shifted.. no longer at macpherson.. its @ pasir panjang.
 

nickwh

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2000
Messages
2,473
Reaction score
0
Try call their Service Centre:

Achieva Technology (S) Service Centre
SUTL House
100J Pasir Panjang Road #02-00,
118525 Singapore

Phone: (65) 6590 7141
 

Radiowave

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2002
Messages
923
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I just filled in the RMA form on WD website. The instruction ask me to send the HDD to Flextronics Manufacturing at Changi North Way.

I would liked to ask whether can I bring in the HDD myself instead of sending it in?
 

happily1986

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
110
Hi all,

I just filled in the RMA form on WD website. The instruction ask me to send the HDD to Flextronics Manufacturing at Changi North Way.

I would liked to ask whether can I bring in the HDD myself instead of sending it in?

Yes thats what i did.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top