HDMI ARC Audio Return Channel discussion thread

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Messages
71,722
Reaction score
70,487
Just got my Nvidia Shield TV 2019 and Walla! Everything works!

Now I'm able to see DTX and Dolby Atmos been passthrough via eARC.

For LG soundbar users, the DTX of Dolby Atmos indication will not display permanently. After 10 or 15 secs into the movie, the display will revert back to EARC. However, you can use your app (LG Wifi) and check the current mode of audio.

So looks like none of those no brand cheap Android box seems to be able to pass through audio successfully (especially via eArc setup).

Only the new 2019 Nvidia Shield has the Dolby MS10 Multistream Decoder hardware to support Netflix Atmos. My old Shield can only get 5.1 out of Netflix/Disney+. Once I fix up the atmos ceiling speakers at my living room and maybe the PC room ceiling I will get the new Shield
 

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
3,520
Reaction score
388
Only the new 2019 Nvidia Shield has the Dolby MS10 Multistream Decoder hardware to support Netflix Atmos. My old Shield can only get 5.1 out of Netflix/Disney+. Once I fix up the atmos ceiling speakers at my living room and maybe the PC room ceiling I will get the new Shield
First time user with Nvidia shield and wasn't aware.

For my case, I no need the box to decode since my soundbar can support. All I need is for the box to passthrough it.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top