home karaoke

Palary

Master Member
Reaction score

Street karaoke system can produce this kind of good quality sound ?

Sent from HUAWEI LIO-L29 using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Street karaoke system can produce this kind of good quality sound ?

I do not think so. This must have been post processed. In fact he has many videos at different locations in DouYin (Chinese version of TikTok). Videos are different but the singing is the same.

There is a repot that the singing by this 洋仔 is fake.
Ref:
https://xw.qq.com/cmsid/20201114A0FPQN00

Someone even used a Mac to analyze the audio track to prove it is fake.
https://youtu.be/CYlSfaoucIE

Last edited:

Palary

Master Member
Reaction score
I do not think so. This must have been post processed. In fact he has many videos at different locations in DouYin (Chinese version of TikTok). Videos are different but the singing is the same.

There is a repot that the singing by this 洋仔 is fake.
Ref:
https://xw.qq.com/cmsid/20201114A0FPQN00

Someone even used a Mac to analyze the audio track to prove it is fake.
https://youtu.be/CYlSfaoucIE
I noticed those in people in mrt stations also sounds not bad, could they be lip syncing..?

desjen

Reaction score
Actually it is the HDD based Karaoke machines from not so well known vendors have no copyright protection. They are kind of gray area product in China. For big Karaoke machine vendors you may need to pay yearly subscription for updates.

Copyright holders do peruse the bigger ones. And Tencent, Alibaba and Baidu (BAT) are the main providers of the copyright Music contents. So you do encounter copyright protection enforcement in China because of the big rights holders. And the leading Karaoke app providers do follow copyright protection. That is why WeSing is still having the largest contents because it is owned by Tencent.
Hi Ksapple,
Do you encounter any problem setting your phone to select songs from the machine?

Palary

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the system from MB karaoke?

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Anyone know of any companies whom do like bundle one? Set up the KTV sound system like how the KTV rooms are (speakers on top etc), and the ktv system itself?

Like reno + equip + cable management.

hehe87

Reaction score
SOS

SOS!

Having nowhere to scratch the singing itch with all the KTVs shutdown, I'm looking to setup a simple home karaoke system, looking at Popsical remix currently but having some hardware issues.

On their site it says the popsical system uses AUX or RCA audio input, but neither my soundbar nor TV has this.

My soundbar is a Bose 700, only has eARC or optical input.
My TV is a Sony kd-55x9500g, which also uses eARC and doesn't have AUX or RCA.

Anybody facing this issue? Would an analogue to optical converter help in this case?

huitay

Reaction score
I believe Teo Heng do that as well. check out their facebook page

Anyone know of any companies whom do like bundle one? Set up the KTV sound system like how the KTV rooms are (speakers on top etc), and the ktv system itself?

Like reno + equip + cable management.

martintylor

Reaction score
U can buy a RCA to optical converter.
SOS!

Having nowhere to scratch the singing itch with all the KTVs shutdown, I'm looking to setup a simple home karaoke system, looking at Popsical remix currently but having some hardware issues.

On their site it says the popsical system uses AUX or RCA audio input, but neither my soundbar nor TV has this.

My soundbar is a Bose 700, only has eARC or optical input.
My TV is a Sony kd-55x9500g, which also uses eARC and doesn't have AUX or RCA.

Anybody facing this issue? Would an analogue to optical converter help in this case?

runforyourlife

Reaction score
I believe Teo Heng do that as well. check out their facebook page

Yea i saw they sell the system... but they don't set it up for u at your home i guess. u have to ownself drill the speaker to the ceiling etc...

Palary

Master Member
Reaction score
..全民K歌, what is a good setup ? Cos if using the phone mic it sounds like ****.

Kazzi

Reaction score
Will this introduce any lag or distortion? Is anyone running this kind of setup?

Thanks in advance.

Any kind of converter is going to introduce latency and is no-no for live singing. The soundbar and tv speakers are too usually small to handle the vocal frequencies properly and will sound distorted/clipped. Without gain controls u will find yourself pushing the volume almost to the max on your soundbar to hear yourself, and damage the speakers by singing too loud or mic drop accidents.

TLDR - Buy a Bose S1 Pro

hehe87

Reaction score
Any kind of converter is going to introduce latency and is no-no for live singing. The soundbar and tv speakers are too usually small to handle the vocal frequencies properly and will sound distorted/clipped. Without gain controls u will find yourself pushing the volume almost to the max on your soundbar to hear yourself, and damage the speakers by singing too loud or mic drop accidents.

TLDR - Buy a Bose S1 Pro
Thanks, you just saved me from wasting a lot of money.

Kazzi

Reaction score
Hey guys, what do you all think about the Moment Karaoke Soundbar (Gen2) vs JBL partybox 100? Just pre-ordered my popsical remix and looking for a good sound system. Already have a philips soundbar but am afraid of damaging it. Also, if lets say the Moment sound bar is better, should I get that or top up a bit more to get the Bose s1 pro. Thanks a lot guys!

https://www.philips.com.sg/c-p/HTB7150_98/blu-ray-soundbar-home-theater-with-ambisound-technology

The JBL partybox and Bose S1 pro are PA-like speakers, high sensitivity and forward sounding, and drivers built for handling abuse - exactly what u want for karaoke. A soundbar is certainly not build for the same purpose (karaoke or not in name). If u really want, and your philips soundbar has analog input, get those AliExpress mixer and 2 mic combos (eg. Fifine) and there u have a Moment soundbar for a lot less money.

Krenko_mob_boss

Reaction score
Anyone tried hooking up popsicle to a Klipsch The Three or Marshall Stanmore? I went to the store and I saw it on the list of compatible speakers. Coincidentally, it's something I've been eyeing for awhile as well.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The JBL partybox and Bose S1 pro are PA-like speakers, high sensitivity and forward sounding, and drivers built for handling abuse - exactly what u want for karaoke. A soundbar is certainly not build for the same purpose (karaoke or not in name). If u really want, and your philips soundbar has analog input, get those AliExpress mixer and 2 mic combos (eg. Fifine) and there u have a Moment soundbar for a lot less money.

I feel PA speakers are the way to go for karaoke too. Have been using PA speakers since 2010.

They are able to take quite a fair bit of abuse in the live sound setting, i did blew 1 or 2 speakers and amplifiers before but was my neglience.

Though i dont sing, i use them for karaoke when friends come over and they wanna sing. (And also for my relative who keeps boasting to me that his sound system is loud)

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

Last edited:

dk3498

Reaction score
Question on Popsical setup

Hi Guys,

I am planning to get a Popsical Remix however I am wondering if I am able to use my current setup for karaoke:
Popsical -> Tv (HDMI)
Tv -> Soundbar (Optical)

Would the above setup allow me to use Popsical for karaoke?

Additionally I am considering the below setup:
Popsical -> Tv (HDMI)
Popsical -> Bose S1 Pro (Aux)
Will the 2 wireless microphones by Popsical work? Or must I purchase a set of microphones and connect it to the Bose S1?

Last edited:

Kazzi

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am planning to get a Popsical Remix however I am wondering if I am able to use my current setup for karaoke:
Popsical -> Tv (HDMI)
Tv -> Soundbar (Optical)

Would the above setup allow me to use Popsical for karaoke?

Additionally I am considering the below setup:
Popsical -> Tv (HDMI)
Popsical -> Bose S1 Pro (Aux)
Will the 2 wireless microphones by Popsical work? Or must I purchase a set of microphones and connect it to the Bose S1?

First method is no, as it will cause latency for mic.

2nd method, yes it will work. If u connect to aux only u can use the supplied microphones. However u will be bypassing the S1’s mixer and its Tonematch processing. Without going into technicalities let’s just say u will need it to sound “karaoke” - room acoustics aside, but that’s for another discussion. Otherwise you will be wondering why u spent 700+ for a Bluetooth speaker.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.