Huawei AX3 Pro - Anyone bought and tried?

adriankmf

Reaction score
That is a fake one. You will not be able roam seamlessly with a repeater normally.

Take note TP-Link does have the OneMesh solution which works with selected router+repeater combination.
Ic... but this Huawei so much stable.
the only downside is the speed,
1 router = 800Mbps on my Samsung Galaxy tab S7+
2 router mesh = 120Mbps on my Samsung Galaxy tab S7+, on Desktop is 380Mbps

wonder why WiFi speed drop so much?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ic... but this Huawei so much stable.
the only downside is the speed,
1 router = 800Mbps on my Samsung Galaxy tab S7+
2 router mesh = 120Mbps on my Samsung Galaxy tab S7+, on Desktop is 380Mbps
wonder why WiFi speed drop so much?

Because you use wireless backhaul. Part of the bandwidth will be used for the backhaul (communication between the main router and mesh node). This is the common problem with dual band mesh system.

Connect the two router using Ethernet to use Ethernet backhaul and you will see big differences.

Triband mesh systems are more expensive because they have the extra band to serve as dedicated backhaul. Still Ethernet backhaul is the best.

Last edited:

adriankmf

Reaction score
Because you use wireless backhaul. Part of the bandwidth will be used for the backhaul (communication between the main router and mesh node). This is the common problem with dual band mesh system.

Connect the two router using Ethernet to use Ethernet backhaul and you will see big differences.

Triband mesh systems are more expensive because they have the extra band to serve as dedicated backhaul. Still Ethernet backhaul is the best.
ic, thanks for the info.

understand now....
cheers.

SandMan

Reaction score
I've been happily using ax3pro for a long time and it worked flawlessly in my old place without any cooling needed.

Now in my new place, it will drop internet about once a day (red light on router), requiring a restart. Since it is now in a room hit by afternn sun I assumed it was overheating so I ordered a base cooling fan. With the base cooling fan on max and room fan turned on, it will still randomly drop internet even on a cloudy day. It also dropped only once at night, but never when aircon is on.

I've just switched to my old trusty dlink 868 and it's been working flawlessly for more than a week, so problem is not with Starhub or any cables used.

Any ideas appreciated.

UPDATE:
Just to share with anyone else having serious overheat problems. I tied a thermal pad with heatsink to bottom of my ax3pro using cable ties and it solved the problem. I also stand the ax3pro on its side so that heat wont get trapped under it. Looks awful but works well.

Can get heatsink + thermal pad here (128x200mm):

Last edited:

HelIoo

Reaction score
Will it work with singtel router as a repeater? Trying to add additional router in a room as a repeater as i dont have hard wired structured cabling.

ont -> singtel router

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will it work with singtel router as a repeater? Trying to add additional router in a room as a repeater as i dont have hard wired structured cabling.
ont -> singtel router

Yes it works well as a repeater.

limpingsim98

Reaction score
Once received, during setup please help to confirmed whether this router support Vlan or not. Thanks
The global version has it. Has play with it at Court Mega Huawei counter. Is actually the AX3 Pro version. If remember correctly price is $98. If purchase with Huawei tablet then price is $68.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The global version has it. Has play with it at Court Mega Huawei counter. Is actually the AX3 Pro version. If remember correctly price is $98. If purchase with Huawei tablet then price is $68.

Global version supports SingTel VLAN. It is called AX3 Quad Core version.

Some reports say it is different than AX3 Pro China version in terms of the Front-end Modules or FEM ( RF Amplifier etc) and therefore has lower TX power than the China version.

limpingsim98

Reaction score
Global version supports SingTel VLAN. It is called AX3 Quad Core version.

Some reports say it is different than AX3 Pro China version in terms of the Front-end Modules or FEM ( RF Amplifier etc) and therefore has lower TX power than the China version.
. The same hardware. Just FW control to comply.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone got link for AX3 Pro Global version?
It is called AX3 Quad Core version.

You can get it from Huawei Official Shopee flagship store at S$98 before voucher.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering where you get the info. I was trying to search for this but there is no conclusive comparison (say with tear-down comparison).

Last edited:

JuXn5566

Reaction score

No, the tear down shown the international version doesn't include 2.4Ghz amplifier thus it's very weak in that area. Btw, international version also didn't receive any firmware update since Nov last year.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering where you get the info. I was trying to search for this but there is no conclusive comparison (say with tear-down comparison).
Someone mention it in LowYatt forum in Malaysia. They had it for sometime already and they confirm is the same hardware. As locally, we do not carry non pro version.

limpingsim98

Reaction score
No, the tear down shown the international version doesn't include 2.4Ghz amplifier thus it's very weak in that area. Btw, international version also didn't receive any firmware update since Nov last year.
I think is to comply with local regulations.
For FW, this is kind of expected. If you happen to use phone like Xiaomi etc. Do not expect Global version to get update as frequently as China one.

JuXn5566

Reaction score
I think is to comply with local regulations.
For FW, this is kind of expected. If you happen to use phone like Xiaomi etc. Do not expect Global version to get update as frequently as China one.

Don't think so. The 2.4GHz range is much weaker than my previous router and barely usable. My previous router is Archer C8 for global market. I expect them to reduce the wifi power but not discreetly remove 2.4GHz amplifier totally.

For FW, yes I expect less frequent update but not no update at all. Currently more than 6 months with no new update so seem like they not planning to update it all together.

limpingsim98

Reaction score
Don't think so. The 2.4GHz range is much weaker than my previous router and barely usable. My previous router is Archer C8 for global market. I expect them to reduce the wifi power but not discreetly remove 2.4GHz amplifier totally.

For FW, yes I expect less frequent update but not no update at all. Currently more than 6 months with no new update so seem like they not planning to update it all together.
Actually, I believe the amplifier is there just the firmware cap of transmission power to local requirement.
For FW, I don't expect much for these devices. If you happen to use Linksys, they are as bad.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huawei AX3 Pro tear down: both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band have amplifiers.

Tear down picture for AX3 Quad Core Global version (WS7200-30), it is not very clear. I am searching for an article with proper picture and amplifier IC name. But from what I read in the thread, indeed the HW components used should be the same as the China version AX3 Pro (WS7200-20), which means there are external RF front end amplifiers for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huawei AX3 Quad Core Version review with English Web UI: (Singtel VLAN enabled, not the same as AX3 Pro China version WS7200).

Another review with web UI.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.