Huawei Mate 10

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received an EMUI update on Mate 10, was expecting EMUI 10.1 but turns out to be just July security update. :s13:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just experienced my first BSOD (Black Screen of Death) [after using it for >2 yrs] and thought the phone died on me. :s16:

Luckily all it need was a forced reboot. :s12:

How many times have you guys experienced the BSOD with the phone? Is it a common occurrence?

bermudas

Reaction score
Nope, never experienced the BSOD since i got it in Dec 2017.

I am thinking of switching to M30P or M40P... but Singpass still having issues with it right?

Bank apps seem to be working fine if we download them from HW App Gallery?

Any other things to take note of?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
singpass no issue I think. only the tracetogether apps will have issue.

Nope, never experienced the BSOD since i got it in Dec 2017.

I am thinking of switching to M30P or M40P... but Singpass still having issues with it right?

Bank apps seem to be working fine if we download them from HW App Gallery?

Any other things to take note of?

bermudas

Reaction score
singpass no issue I think. only the tracetogether apps will have issue.
Ahh okok.

How about GMap overlay in apps such as Uber/Grab/Foodpanda etc?

Not been following much since i didnt bother to upgrade since M10P.

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone still using this phone? Just gotten the battery changed at huawei. The phone seems good again.

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
battery $15, labour fee $40, add gst total ard $56..

phone is ok just that the back cover pop up abit due to adhesive dried up i suppose. den since 3yrs already, just change the battery lo.. send in at 4.30pm, receive sms at 7pm at westgate..

not sure why, after upgrading to emui 10, the rear top near camera will tend to feel abit hotter when heavy usage.. anyone encounter?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
battery $15, labour fee $40, add gst total ard $56..

phone is ok just that the back cover pop up abit due to adhesive dried up i suppose. den since 3yrs already, just change the battery lo.. send in at 4.30pm, receive sms at 7pm at westgate..

not sure why, after upgrading to emui 10, the rear top near camera will tend to feel abit hotter when heavy usage.. anyone encounter?
The turnaround time is fast, didn't expect it. I was told that battery replacement will take at least 2 working days then I was a bit hesitant because I don't have a spare phone on hand now.

I also felt that the phone will heat up quite often after updating to EMUI 10, was hoping for EMUI 10.1 to fixed it. However it seems like Huawei stopped updates to Mate 10 up to EMUI 10.

mistersoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The turnaround time is fast, didn't expect it. I was told that battery replacement will take at least 2 working days then I was a bit hesitant because I don't have a spare phone on hand now.
I also felt that the phone will heat up quite often after updating to EMUI 10, was hoping for EMUI 10.1 to fixed it. However it seems like Huawei stopped updates to Mate 10 up to EMUI 10.

Agreed on the phone getting hot part.
Using this phone for 2 years +. But sadly, no more further software updates? :/

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently on nov security update it seems.
Mine is on July security update
v2BHJrl.jpg

Wander

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone had any issue using the qr scanner for mate 10?

I have manage to found the scanner but it hardly was usage and wasn't able to scan any qr code after AI Lens got updated

mistersoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, temporarily downloaded 3rd party app to scan QR code.

Any one managed to solve the problem/issue of Huawei mate 10 AI lens, unable to scan QR code ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.