Huawei P40 Series

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
Link seems to be done?
I'm still on the fence about sideloading gms. Been using the phone without it for the last few days, and tbh gms was less necessary than I had expected. Some minor inconvenience here and there, but I feel like I can live with it.
Link ok

Sent from Samsung SM-F900F using GAGT
 

dappercivility

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2019
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
925
I also hope to love without GMS but I need WhatsApp and Google maps.

Link seems to be done?
I'm still on the fence about sideloading gms. Been using the phone without it for the last few days, and tbh gms was less necessary than I had expected. Some minor inconvenience here and there, but I feel like I can live with it.
 

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
Any views on whether there is a need to apply glass protection on the camera module of this phone? It's a trade off between picture quality and protection / ease of mind I guess?

Am hesitant to do so but seeking opinions.
 

technolust

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
7,044
Reaction score
323
I always try to put glass protector for cameras on my phones and I have to say , it doesn't affect photo quality one bit. Its better to put one now given the growing trend of protruding camera modules. It's only a few dollars compared to replacing a scratched camera lens so it's a no brainier for me

Any views on whether there is a need to apply glass protection on the camera module of this phone? It's a trade off between picture quality and protection / ease of mind I guess?

Am hesitant to do so but seeking opinions.
 

dappercivility

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2019
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
925
Can you order one extra one for me? :s13:

I always try to put glass protector for cameras on my phones and I have to say , it doesn't affect photo quality one bit. Its better to put one now given the growing trend of protruding camera modules. It's only a few dollars compared to replacing a scratched camera lens so it's a no brainier for me
 

dappercivility

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2019
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
925
WhatsApp can be sidelod without issues. I'm using stree directory/one map in place of gmaps. They are both alright.

Thanks twinraven

Here We Go (formerly known as Nokia Map) also another good alternative.

https://m.apkpure.com/here-wego-–-city-navigation/com.here.app.maps

Thanks dingdung

Google Maps can use browser..

I believe some people use it because of Google apps privacy issue.

But no Apple Map in AppGallery.


Thanks Outbreak
 

dappercivility

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2019
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
925
List of apps/issues that cannot work with this sideloading?

1. GooglePay cannot work (confirmed by dappercivility)
2. Cannot download previously paid apps (confirmed by technolust)
3. Netflix cannot even download
4. Google news error in connecting to server
5. PCWX error in connecting to server

… add on the list?
 

oprahsbs

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
656
Reaction score
9
List of apps/issues that cannot work with this sideloading?

1. GooglePay cannot work (confirmed by dappercivility)
2. Cannot download previously paid apps (confirmed by technolust)
3. Netflix cannot even download
4. Google news error in connecting to server
5. PCWX error in connecting to server

… add on the list?
Can we buy again for the app that we previously paid?

Sent from OPPO CPH2025 using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top