iMac delivery timings updated

B772ER

Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
403
Reaction score
0
Thanks!
btw so custom made all from China one? assembled from china since i see so many ship from CHina. read abt a post here n went google. seem that there's assembled in US too but guessing probably thats for their domestics market?

Btw anyone has any idea if u buy optical drive with yr imac & applecare, the optical drive is it within the 3yrs warranty coverage too?

oh btw mouse/keyboard r covered under applecare warranty as long as it comes with yr iMac! :D

USB superdrive is also covered together under APP
 

minus2

Master Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2001
Messages
2,843
Reaction score
0
how does yr imac shipping box looks like when its being delivered to u?
like those youtube unboxing?
imac box (everything sealed like screen etc) sealed and put inside a brown shipping box?
singpost deliver them>?

hmm GPU upgrade. ok i will start a new thread on imac 27" instead to ask more Qn
Thanks!
Thankfully, they don't use Singpost.
If I'm not wrong,
DHL or Fedex.
 

LeonaV

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
627
Reaction score
0
Mine is DHL. If Singpost, I will personally fly to China to get it. It's faster that way.
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,225
Reaction score
320
That's fast. Ordered on 7th. Preparing to for shipment today.
 

LeonaV

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
627
Reaction score
0
Wow, that's fast. With or without fusion drive? I heard that the bottleneck is actually the fusion drives now.
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,257
Reaction score
5,237
888336_10152687156900565_563606323_o.jpg
 

Laneige

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
115,114
Reaction score
16,771
Apple Cso called me n I asked if optical drive is under AppleCare or 1yr warranty if order with machine. She said 1yr nia wor
Then all custom order seem to b only assembled in china.
The model I ordering is 27" upgrade to core i7, 3Tb hd
The hd decision don't know wise or stupid leh. Maybe store my exercise disc in the hd to play if I managed to copy them out
Graphics card.... Kinda worry abt overheat problems so didn't opt for that liao
 

LeonaV

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
627
Reaction score
0
If you want to play games, the GPU is the single best upgrade you can do. Since the iMac has a bigger aluminum surface area, it is effectively a bigger heat sink than the MBA or MBP. Mine doesn't overheat when I play games.

In contrast, you are hardly ever going to use the extra power the i7 is giving you.

You don't need such a big internal HDD. Getting external HDD is much cheaper than the 3TB upgrade. The 1TB fusion is a better upgrade.
 

B772ER

Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
403
Reaction score
0
Apple Cso called me n I asked if optical drive is under AppleCare or 1yr warranty if order with machine. She said 1yr nia wor
Then all custom order seem to b only assembled in china.
The model I ordering is 27" upgrade to core i7, 3Tb hd
The hd decision don't know wise or stupid leh. Maybe store my exercise disc in the hd to play if I managed to copy them out
Graphics card.... Kinda worry abt overheat problems so didn't opt for that liao

strange leh.. applecare protection site says that USB superdrive is covered when purchased with machine..

Apple - Support - AppleCare - Mac and Apple Display
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top