InstaReM's AMAZE MasterCard

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I pair with say maybank friends & family mc and use amaze to pay for eligible categories eg restaurants locally, will it still qualify for 8% cashback from maybank and an additional 1% from amaze if i meet all the minimum spend criteria? Otherwise it will only make sense to use amaze purely for foreign currency transactions

Yes, I am getting rewards from Maybank.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just recieved my amaze card which has founder's edition written on it. But I dont see how to activate it. In the app, it still says the card is on the way. It asks me to add bank details. But when I try to add, there is some bug and it fails.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell what exactly is the use of this card?
We can only add Mastercard, so it is mastercard to mastercard.
Is it a case of mcc code gets changed and hence cards which otherwise dont give points/cashback will now give points when you pay through amaze?
Sorry, I tried reading few pages, but didnt really understand what is the point of this card.
Thanks in advance!
I have only UOB and ICBC cards, so I wonder if this amaze is of any use to me.

drawar

Reaction score
We can only add Mastercard, so it is mastercard to mastercard.
Is it a case of mcc code gets changed and hence cards which otherwise dont give points/cashback will now give points when you pay through amaze?
Sorry, I tried reading few pages, but didnt really understand what is the point of this card.
Thanks in advance!
I have only UOB and ICBC cards, so I wonder if this amaze is of any use to me.
You must have agreed to the terms and conditions when signing up for the card right? Now’s the time to put that into action: https://www.instarem.com/policy/Amaze-MC-Consumer-Cardholders-TCs.pdf

Edit: If you're the type who hates reading comprehension tasks, I can help you. In short, the important points are

1. This card is a debit card.
2. This card doesn't require top-ups, but you have to link it to a third party debit / credit card.
3. You can't make cash withdrawals.
4. MCCs are passed through, so if govt payments (MCC 9399) / GrabPay top-ups (MCC 6540) don't get points / cashback with your credit card, using Amaze won't change that.
5. There are rebates for using the card on top of any cashback / points you get from your underlying credit card, somebody has shared details a few posts erlier.

Last edited:

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You must have agreed to the terms and conditions when signing up for the card right? Now’s the time to put that into action: https://www.instarem.com/policy/Amaze-MC-Consumer-Cardholders-TCs.pdf

Edit: If you're the type who hates reading comprehension tasks, I can help you. In short, the important points are

2. This card doesn't require top-ups, but you have to link it to a third party debit / credit card.
4. MCCs are passed through, so if AXS payments (MCC 9399) / GrabPay top-ups (MCC 6540) don't get points / cashback with your credit card, using Amaze won't change that.
5. There are rebates for using the card on top of any cashback / points you get from your underlying credit card, somebody has shared details a few posts erlier.
Thank you. So lets say I manage to link my ICBC Zodiac sign card which gives me 1.6% cashback, I get additional 1% cashback from this amaze card? Thats sound like a good deal.

This is what the T&C says:

7A. CASHBACK 7A.1 You shall be eligible for a 1% cashback, on the total Transaction value processed every quarter, if You fulfil the following conditions: (a) Your minimum total cumulative spending on Your Amaze Card for the quarter, vis-à-vis Eligible Transactions (as defined in clause 7A.5 below), is SGD500.00 or more; and (b) You must be in possession of a valid Amaze Card on the Cashback Payout Day (as defined in clause 7A.3 below). 7A.2 The maximum cashback which You shall be entitled to is capped at SGD100.00 every quarter

I will check with the support to activate and link my cards. Currently both are not working.

drawar

Reaction score
Thank you. So lets say I manage to link my ICBC Zodiac sign card which gives me 1.6% cashback, I get additional 1% cashback from this amaze card? Thats sound like a good deal.

This is what the T&C says:

I will check with the support to activate and link my cards. Currently both are not working.

Yeah, it's pretty good since the 1% is in addition to whatever you can earn from your underlying card, although the $5 block means that smaller purchases e.g. less than $5 won't earn you anything. However, this becomes less of a problem as your purchase gets bigger.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty good since the 1% is in addition to whatever you can earn from your underlying card, although the $5 block means that smaller purchases e.g. less than $5 won't earn you anything. However, this becomes less of a problem as your purchase gets bigger.

Thanks, how about paying AXS iras tax payments? I know ICBC wont give me any cashback, but I can get 1% from Amaze, is not bad.

drawar

Reaction score
Thanks, how about paying AXS iras tax payments? I know ICBC wont give me any cashback, but I can get 1% from Amaze, is not bad.
4. MCCs are passed through, so if govt payments (MCC 9399) / GrabPay top-ups (MCC 6540) don't get points / cashback with your credit card, using Amaze won't change that.
6. You can't use it at AXS.

Last edited:

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4. MCCs are passed through, so if AXS payments (MCC 9399) / GrabPay top-ups (MCC 6540) don't get points / cashback with your credit card, using Amaze won't change that.
Apologies, I am a bit blur. I dont understand, the bolded part. I understand I wont get cash back on my credit card. But the Amaze t&c doesnt exclude AXS so I am assuming AXS payments should give me 1% from Amaze, am I wrong here?

Also I dont understand how exactly Amaze pays us the 1% in a quarter. Do they kind of reverse charge it on our linked credit card?

drawar

Reaction score
Apologies, I am a bit blur. I dont understand, the bolded part. I understand I wont get cash back on my credit card. But the Amaze t&c doesnt exclude AXS so I am assuming AXS payments should give me 1% from Amaze, am I wrong here?

Also I dont understand how exactly Amaze pays us the 1% in a quarter. Do they kind of reverse charge it on our linked credit card?

Sorry I gave a bad example too. See my edited post above.

CrashWire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For people without Apple Pay/Google Pay/Samsung Pay, another option to carry fewer cards.

It's also very good for foreign currency spend: you get almost spot rate, while also being able to earn your rewards since the MCCs are passed through.

It's a shame it only works with Mastercards for now.

stonkogu

Reaction score
Also has anyone tried if it passes through the contactless payment down to the underlying card?

Eg pay with mobile pay/ parwave using amaze -> underlying card also gets counted as a paywave payment

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
Also has anyone tried if it passes through the contactless payment down to the underlying card?

Eg pay with mobile pay/ parwave using amaze -> underlying card also gets counted as a paywave payment
That won’t happen.

AMAZE is not an offline merchant and it can’t trigger the paywave process of the card.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just registered for this card.
app looks good and easy to use.
Pity most of my commonly used cards are Visa
Hope they will support Visa soon.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pity cant link Grabpay Mastercard to Amaze card to double dip !

someusername

Reaction score
Anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the physical card.

Also has anyone received the 1% cashback yet and how can it be spent? It seems to be added to the Instarem wallet. Can it be used to offset credit card payments or to fund Instarem transfers?

drawar

Reaction score
Do you guys think this will be a loophole that the banks will block soon?
That goes without saying, considering the rate at which people are talking about it these days, especially after that post by Milelion.

So make hay while sun shines I guess. Good things like this never last.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.