iPhone 18Pro/Pro Max Discussions

What colors did you choose for 18 pro?

  • Burgundy

    Votes: 39 39.8%
  • Glacier

    Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Black

    Votes: 24 24.5%
  • Silver

    Votes: 10 10.2%

  • Total voters
    98

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,026
Reaction score
10,122
I prefer not to check the battery health. good thing samsung phones in singapore do not show it. haha
Me too.... I rather they don't show it than to create such big hooha and in the end, people start looking at it when buying phones, ah beng shops start to lowball u because your battery health is bad etc
same. No idea what the fuss is. Some even charge till 80% to save a few% battery over the long run. So they are basically nerfing 20% battery daily to save a few % battery.
Just use as is. Same as the display panel, I don't really want to check whether mine is G9N, but @kashix poloso me to check 😐 I mean, apple specially calibrate their displays one la, won't be that bad right?
And then charge cycles lol
Ya, this is another one. I have friend with 58 charge cycles and drop to 99. He went genius bar immediately:s22:
Battery life not really zhun also.
That time mine 100%.
Then within a within a week dropped to 95% haha.
Just use normally and dont be too concern.
The battery % dropped not like every 1% is equivalent to additional $100
iPhone has the happy meter. 100 percent for damn long, once it starts dropping, every 1 to 2 months sure drop 1 to 2 percent. Then all start panic when do software update, cos the battery health percentage will recalibrate and that is where people start saying: my battery health drop to 99 after the update :(
 
Last edited:

Deceased

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2021
Messages
867
Reaction score
498
We are talking about those from 100% > 99% one. :D
And I’m not referring to your post about this 100% to 99% (which I agree is bo liao btw). It’s more about the post that is on limit charging to 80% to save “a few %” of battery health and hence the rationale for it.
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,940
Reaction score
2,321
Me too.... I rather they don't show it than to create such big hooha and in the end, people start looking at it when buying phones, ah beng shops start to lowball u because your battery health is bad etc

Just use as is. Same as the display panel, I don't really want to check whether mine is G9N, but @kashix poloso me to check 😐 I mean, apple specially calibrate their displays one la, won't be that bad right?

Ya, this is another one. I have friend with 58 charge cycles and drop to 99. He went genius bar immediately:s22:

iPhone has the happy meter. 100 percent for damn long, once it starts dropping, every 1 to 2 months sure drop 1 to 2 percent. Then all start panic when do software update, cos the battery health percentage will recalibrate and that is where people start saying: my battery health drop to 99 after the update :(
@kashix is the 害群之马 la.
Instilling fear on ppl
 

chari-men

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
6,293
Reaction score
2,561
Technically, battery health reflects resale value. But shop like mister mobile list anything >90% as same price range also reflects that they don't really care about battery health that much now since they take in as a range and not individual value. I know people here will go gaga when their battery health drops. But, this is also no choice one. battery health 1 day sure will drop one. Of cos when you sell to other people like in carousell, they would prefer the higher the battery level.
Bcoz the battery health % for iPhone is just a guestimate.. for example u see the health 100% second hand happy happy buy back.. update to ios27 straight away drop to 95%.. I would think it's smart for ah beng shops to just put >90% in case kena complain for false advertising..
 

rinchan22

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
1,207
Reaction score
664
And I’m not referring to your post about this 100% to 99% (which I agree is bo liao btw). It’s more about the post that is on limit charging to 80% to save “a few %” of battery health and hence the rationale for it.
i know. but how long does it take to drop to 89%? 2-3 years? 100 dollars diff over 2-3 years in exchange for 20% less battery daily. (you already spent 2k on a phone. just enjoy it fully)

Even if you treat it as 2 years, that's like trying to save 15 cents a day but having 20% less battery. If wanna be calculative, the easiest is to save money and not buy a new phone in the first place :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, to each his own. They happy can already. Just pointing it out.
 

chari-men

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
6,293
Reaction score
2,561
i know. but how long does it take to drop to 89%? 2-3 years? 100 dollars diff over 2-3 years in exchange for 20% less battery daily. (you already spent 2k on a phone. just enjoy it fully)

Even if you treat it as 2 years, that's like trying to save 15 cents a day but having 20% less battery. If wanna be calculative, the easiest is to save money and not buy a new phone in the first place :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, to each his own. They happy can already. Just pointing it out.
i take care of my phone batteries but i never limit it to 80% ever.. just dont charge often below 25% can le.. the 80% limit is seriously just a gimmick lol.. or more for super casual simple user.. 3 days charge once kind..
 

chari-men

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
6,293
Reaction score
2,561
Next thing we see is people fretting whether they have TLC or QLC storage, for those who got iPhone 18 Pro Max 1 TB configuration. 😂
tho qlc really slows down quite badly as it gets nearer to full capacity.. thats when i use it for my PC not sure if the speed is noticeable on mobile phones..
 

Deceased

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2021
Messages
867
Reaction score
498
i know. but how long does it take to drop to 89%? 2-3 years? 100 dollars diff over 2-3 years in exchange for 20% less battery daily. (you already spent 2k on a phone. just enjoy it fully)

Even if you treat it as 2 years, that's like trying to save 15 cents a day but having 20% less battery. If wanna be calculative, the easiest is to save money and not buy a new phone in the first place :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, to each his own. They happy can already. Just pointing it out.
it’s possible to be only after a year, that’s what I meant. don’t ask me how they did it la, just saying it’s not as uncommon.

Personally, I just want to ensure my battery health is not that cui before the next model releases so that ppl don’t lowball me. Cheers.

IMG-5054.jpg
 
Last edited:

chari-men

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
6,293
Reaction score
2,561
it’s possible to be only after a year, that’s what I meant. don’t ask me how they did it la, just saying it’s not as uncommon.

Personally, I just want to ensure my battery health is not that cui before the next model releases so that ppl don’t lowball me. Cheers.
IMG-5054.jpg

IMG-5054.jpg
This one cfm always leave it to 1% then charge and/or using magsafe charger 24/7 lol..
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,373
Reaction score
10,231
It's a mix la. All models have both Samsung and LG display panel. It's just all go down to luck which one you prefer.

Not confirmed all will be G9N and GVC when you buy, it’s all luck and lottery ~

Yes, I always off true tone. But I think is better for eyes with true tone on. Screen look more yellowish :s13:

yes the takeaway is, by my experts eyes, LG panel this year is consistently good comparable to samsung. Some will say samsung panels took a back step with the colder temps

last year LG gvc/gh3 were hit with variable green tint and their sharpness or focus or layering, somethings caused them look not as sharp constrasty

after going around sysdiag 12 sets over 4 stores, you can trust my bbfa instincts. So you get GH3 or GVC, don’t despair, they are good displays! :o

Will continue my quest whenever i walk past new shopping centers with display sets
 

coldspot

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2023
Messages
1,476
Reaction score
1,301
My previous 17 pro max I bought around march this year and by September it drop to 99%
 

rinchan22

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
1,207
Reaction score
664
i take care of my phone batteries but i never limit it to 80% ever.. just dont charge often below 25% can le.. the 80% limit is seriously just a gimmick lol.. or more for super casual simple user.. 3 days charge once kind..
Yeah. And I think there was a Chinese YouTuber who did the test and showed that the difference was almost negligible.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,026
Reaction score
10,122
Next thing we see is people fretting whether they have TLC or QLC storage, for those who got iPhone 18 Pro Max 1 TB configuration. 😂
Ya... Spend so much and need be bothered by such lottery. Then why spend so much on iPhone sia. They are meant to just use and forget :s13:

I can't be bothered, but still check so @kashix won't continue poloso me :s13:

But still good to know I strike the display lottery. If I strike the 4D tmr I will be happier :s13:
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,225
Reaction score
9,004
so many "african" buyers outside china apple store... haha

maybe i'd fly to shanghai to buy and sell some Duos to earn a free trip. haha

 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top