iPhone 18Pro/Pro Max Discussions

What colors did you choose for 18 pro?

  • Burgundy

    Votes: 41 37.3%
  • Glacier

    Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Black

    Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Silver

    Votes: 13 11.8%

  • Total voters
    110

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
25,297
Reaction score
1,437
Finally decided to make the move from Android to Apple and was looking at the 18 Pro Max.

Don't really need top of the line cameras but just want to get a phone with the largest possible screen size
Tried the 18PM at the store and my friend's, man it feels like a brick slab in hand

Everything else feels good except the feel in hand which doesn't feel comfortable for long term one hand use or watching videos especially if I'm using with a case.
One of the reasons I ditched the Pixel 9 pro fold (and a replacement P11F) was the weight and size and it was only 8g heavier than the 18PM.

Should I just wait for the Air 2 in Mar/April?
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,479
Reaction score
4,207
Finally decided to make the move from Android to Apple and was looking at the 18 Pro Max.

Don't really need top of the line cameras but just want to get a phone with the largest possible screen size
Tried the 18PM at the store and my friend's, man it feels like a brick slab in hand

Everything else feels good except the feel in hand which doesn't feel comfortable for long term one hand use or watching videos especially if I'm using with a case.
One of the reasons I ditched the Pixel 9 pro fold (and a replacement P11F) was the weight and size and it was only 8g heavier than the 18PM.

Should I just wait for the Air 2 in Mar/April?

There’s the 18 Pro for you ~
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,146
Reaction score
525
Had a small chat with @argentinafa earlier, faster paste your AR Corning Glass!
Tks alot bro for the ugreen ar corning glass sp! Thank you for teaching me how to install adguard dns on iOS too. I was quite noob on this :s22: . Previously on my F8 Ultra before I sold off that phone, it was quite straightforward to input dns.adguard-dns.com at Connections>private dns.

Now to have adfree experience on iOS for hwz and a few other apps like cna, asiaone…damn good. Previously I was bombarded by an array of ads on hwz.
 

obedwgy

Member
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
149
Reaction score
95
Tks alot bro for the ugreen ar corning glass sp! Thank you for teaching me how to install adguard dns on iOS too. I was quite noob on this :s22: . Previously on my F8 Ultra before I sold off that phone, it was quite straightforward to input dns.adguard-dns.com at Connections>private dns.

Now to have adfree experience on iOS for hwz and a few other apps like cna, asiaone…damn good. Previously I was bombarded by an array of ads on hwz.
isn't vpn can solve this issue? I use brave broswer too.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,194
Reaction score
3,203
Finally decided to make the move from Android to Apple and was looking at the 18 Pro Max.

Don't really need top of the line cameras but just want to get a phone with the largest possible screen size
Tried the 18PM at the store and my friend's, man it feels like a brick slab in hand

Everything else feels good except the feel in hand which doesn't feel comfortable for long term one hand use or watching videos especially if I'm using with a case.
One of the reasons I ditched the Pixel 9 pro fold (and a replacement P11F) was the weight and size and it was only 8g heavier than the 18PM.

Should I just wait for the Air 2 in Mar/April?
We don't know much about the Air 2. But is battery life something important to you? Battery life can be much lower than the Pro series
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,789
Reaction score
20,191
I am impressed with my iPhone 18 Pro Max battery consumption after upgraded from 15 Pro.

I only charge to 80% max and everyday it's never dropped below 40% with normal usage.
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,789
Reaction score
20,191
No need for 80%. Someone tested.

But isn't it more healthy for the battery ?

Caused my IPhone 15 Pro left with 74% after 3 years of usage cause I never set max limit on my charging and just enabled the optimised charging.
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,146
Reaction score
525
Yup. iOS 27 I find that it’s much more polished than iOS 26. Previously when they changed from iOS 18 to 26, using iOS 26 on my 16PM & 17PM, there was residual draining overnight. And a full day usage on iOS 26 will often end up with less than 20%.

Now with our iPhone 18PM, the 2nm chip coupled with the big VC also plays a vital part in the overall battery efficiency. I set to 95% charge limit on friday after work at 5:30pm, whole of Sat sot 6hrs 27mins, whole of Sun sot 4hrs. Sunday 8pm left with 8% then I need to plug in to charge. I need 2 full days of 10hrs+ sot to drain from 95 to 8%.

The battery life of 18PM only 1 word to describe: Phenomenal.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top