iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus #Hissgate?

VodkaPear

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
125
What u mean by dot?

Erm, I duno how to explain.

At the back has 3 scuff marks or whatever it is, can be seen at a certain light angle. Even through I have a back case.

While at the screen, it has 3 dots which can be seen at a certain light angle too. I suspect is the coating. Because if I on the screen, there is no dust/dots on the screen.
 

jaccc0123

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Oh... screen underneath kinda thing? Scuff marks... lucky u got it changed!

Erm, I duno how to explain.

At the back has 3 scuff marks or whatever it is, can be seen at a certain light angle. Even through I have a back case.

While at the screen, it has 3 dots which can be seen at a certain light angle too. I suspect is the coating. Because if I on the screen, there is no dust/dots on the screen.
 

jaccc0123

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Anw my 3rd replacement will be in tomorrow by DHL~ hope no issue.. week 38. Haiz... alr gg end of nov. if rly got issues then i will just cancel the order then re-order again. Maybe might have better luck.
 

Lattoo

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
I presume Apple manufacturers few million circiut boards and continues to manufacture them, independent of when the circuit boards actually get assembled into a phone.
The manufacture date is the day the phone was boxed. The manufacture date does not necessarily mean that the components inside are built in that week.
That's why some phones don't work fine even when manufactured at a much later date.
 

messi1986

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
6,212
Reaction score
0
General information
Factory: C38 - China

Year: 2016

Week: 42 (17.10 - 23.10)

Age: Infant

7 Plus Black 128GB (From Shenzhen)

No hissing sound nothing
 

jaccc0123

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
If the phone is box at week 38 meaning.... that the circuit inside are all before week 38.. now is week 42. Wonder why the phone was left sitting in factory for 4 weeks

I presume Apple manufacturers few million circiut boards and continues to manufacture them, independent of when the circuit boards actually get assembled into a phone.
The manufacture date is the day the phone was boxed. The manufacture date does not necessarily mean that the components inside are built in that week.
That's why some phones don't work fine even when manufactured at a much later date.
 

Boiijek

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
927
Reaction score
70
Do update us on how your 3rd replacement set goes. I seem to find a pattern here. All the replacment new sets by Apple does not have any hissing issue (I went through 3 of them because of wrong colour) however the retail sets all seem to have issues. Funny thing is that both types of phones are new and not refurbished but retail sets seem to have a higher chance of issue.

If the phone is box at week 38 meaning.... that the circuit inside are all before week 38.. now is week 42. Wonder why the phone was left sitting in factory for 4 weeks
 

jaccc0123

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Package alr reach my house. But i havent go home yet. Will update in the evening...

Do update us on how your 3rd replacement set goes. I seem to find a pattern here. All the replacment new sets by Apple does not have any hissing issue (I went through 3 of them because of wrong colour) however the retail sets all seem to have issues. Funny thing is that both types of phones are new and not refurbished but retail sets seem to have a higher chance of issue.
 

jaccc0123

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Is the same thing.... sigh. They advise me get full refund then order again. I shld be placing a whole new order maybe next week. Must go and count auspicious timing liao lol
 

Boiijek

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
927
Reaction score
70
Not sure how more unlucky you can get but the 3 times I was sent a replacement phone (not retail), they all had no issues. If you don't mind a replacement new one, you can request from Apple or drop by Alab and get one. You can also test it out at Alab too

Is the same thing.... sigh. They advise me get full refund then order again. I shld be placing a whole new order maybe next week. Must go and count auspicious timing liao lol
 

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
46,240
Reaction score
6,000
M is retail and N is replacement but new. F is refurbished set.
my iphone 6 (which i'm sure is refurbished, i swapped it through QCD early this year when the replacement sets must be refurbished) also starts with N, dont think that means brand new...
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
Is the same thing.... sigh. They advise me get full refund then order again. I shld be placing a whole new order maybe next week. Must go and count auspicious timing liao lol

What's the defects you have this time?
 

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
6,544
Reaction score
79
my iphone 6 (which i'm sure is refurbished, i swapped it through QCD early this year when the replacement sets must be refurbished) also starts with N, dont think that means brand new...

N means replacement devices, which are most likely refurbished (either used or failed QC when first manufactured)

F are for devices that are sold as refurbished (i.e. Refurbished iPad, iPod, etc)

As such, we will never see an iPhone with the Model starting with F as they don't sell them refurbished.
 

jaccc0123

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Exactly the same as the previous 3. Phone get heated up at the right side near the lock button. Then there is hissgate but super serious like helicopter kind. Even when video down.... even when phone in home screen. When i first on the phone to put in sim card can alr hear... msg come in also have. In calls also have. Worse part is the video..... the sound of the hissgate is even louder than the whitenoise...

Hoping the new one i order can be week 40>

What's the defects you have this time?
 

jaccc0123

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Thats why i wna know if its a issue with rg 256... sigh.

Not sure how more unlucky you can get but the 3 times I was sent a replacement phone (not retail), they all had no issues. If you don't mind a replacement new one, you can request from Apple or drop by Alab and get one. You can also test it out at Alab too
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top