iPhone13/Mini/Pro/Pro Max Accessories Showcase Thread

BlueBull

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,353
Reaction score
135
I was a Spigen user for along time until iPhone X, I switched to Nomad and Caudabe.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,116
Reaction score
13,158
Waa, it seems like this brand is to be avoided. I agree that the case is very expensive. Like almost S$100 for a case. I keep seeing this brand in my FB and they got some really nice limited designs like the One Piece ones which tempted me.

Think i will be going back to Ringke or SwitchEasy cases though i just bought a cheap Spigen one to tide me over till i find a better case. I like the apple clear case but the problem is the bottom is exposed.
Oh, didn't know Apple's clear case also has the bottom exposed. Was thinking about it but hesitating due to the cost.
What's your view on Ringke? :)
 

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
Waa, it seems like this brand is to be avoided. I agree that the case is very expensive. Like almost S$100 for a case. I keep seeing this brand in my FB and they got some really nice limited designs like the One Piece ones which tempted me.

Think i will be going back to Ringke or SwitchEasy cases though i just bought a cheap Spigen one to tide me over till i find a better case. I like the apple clear case but the problem is the bottom is exposed.
Actually if you are not brand conscious, there are a few pretty good quality transparent oem with MagSafe available in Shopee at less than $20. Why not u buy those to try first? I’m shock at their quality when I first bought and it comes with MagSafe so it’s stronger magnet with charger and accessories.

I only later change to the apple leather case as I want something more classic otherwise that case is pretty good.
 

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
Oh, didn't know Apple's clear case also has the bottom exposed. Was thinking about it but hesitating due to the cost.
What's your view on Ringke? :)
Yup it is… that’s also the reason why ppl look for oem or 3rd party instead. Good thing is apple leather case now comes with the bottom covered, unlike iPhone 11 era….
 
Last edited:

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2000
Messages
8,595
Reaction score
37
Oh, didn't know Apple's clear case also has the bottom exposed. Was thinking about it but hesitating due to the cost.
What's your view on Ringke? :)
yup, its because the sides are hard plastic thus need to have the bottom exposed to allow some flexibility to put in the phone and taking it out. I guess because of the rigid plastic material used at the sides as compare to the rubber for other brands, the apple one does not turn yellow.

Rinke is good so far. The sides have not turn yellow yet though it does turn 'milky' on the inner sides of the frame but just need wet tissue to clean it and its clear again.
 

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2000
Messages
8,595
Reaction score
37
Actually if you are not brand conscious, there are a few pretty good quality transparent oem with MagSafe available in Shopee at less than $20. Why not u buy those to try first? I’m shock at their quality when I first bought and it comes with MagSafe so it’s stronger magnet with charger and accessories.

I only later change to the apple leather case as I want something more classic otherwise that case is pretty good.
yes, i was looking at ESR. quite a good brand. i have been using ESR cases for iPads so far.
 

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
8,091
Reaction score
319
Waa, it seems like this brand is to be avoided. I agree that the case is very expensive. Like almost S$100 for a case. I keep seeing this brand in my FB and they got some really nice limited designs like the One Piece ones which tempted me.

Think i will be going back to Ringke or SwitchEasy cases though i just bought a cheap Spigen one to tide me over till i find a better case. I like the apple clear case but the problem is the bottom is exposed.
Save yourself from spending that money. Their QC is inconsistent, that’s all I can comment. My sis who uses their case since iPX has no issue whatsoever other than it turns yellow.

And yes, they went all out on social ads. :s13:
Actually if you are not brand conscious, there are a few pretty good quality transparent oem with MagSafe available in Shopee at less than $20. Why not u buy those to try first? I’m shock at their quality when I first bought and it comes with MagSafe so it’s stronger magnet with charger and accessories.

I only later change to the apple leather case as I want something more classic otherwise that case is pretty good.
You’re right, I’m brand conscious. 🤭

On standard basis, everytime I get a new iPhone, the first case I would go for is Spigen or Cygnett clear case. Then I would look for another case. For iP11PM, I used UAG, never once I had to worry if I dropped my phone, it just does its job.
But now that MagSafe is a concern, UAG case with MagSafe isn’t that visually appealing…

I was hoping to see Apple leather in Red, but no… ☹️
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,026
Reaction score
10,122
Waa, it seems like this brand is to be avoided. I agree that the case is very expensive. Like almost S$100 for a case. I keep seeing this brand in my FB and they got some really nice limited designs like the One Piece ones which tempted me.

Think i will be going back to Ringke or SwitchEasy cases though i just bought a cheap Spigen one to tide me over till i find a better case. I like the apple clear case but the problem is the bottom is exposed.
This 2 brands are good. Spigen is fine too, but i prefer ringke over spigen. Spigen quality dropped significantly and the price is higher than ringke, so i just use ringke for now.

I bought a ringke fusion matte with magsafe, good for ocd like me (when seeing scratches on the back of the case) :s13:
 

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
Save yourself from spending that money. Their QC is inconsistent, that’s all I can comment. My sis who uses their case since iPX has no issue whatsoever other than it turns yellow.

And yes, they went all out on social ads. :s13:

You’re right, I’m brand conscious. 🤭

On standard basis, everytime I get a new iPhone, the first case I would go for is Spigen or Cygnett clear case. Then I would look for another case. For iP11PM, I used UAG, never once I had to worry if I dropped my phone, it just does its job.
But now that MagSafe is a concern, UAG case with MagSafe isn’t that visually appealing…

I was hoping to see Apple leather in Red, but no… ☹️
Ya I also want it red. No chance this round
 

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2000
Messages
8,595
Reaction score
37
If you are looking at ESR, i'd recommend buying from their Aliexpress store

Made the mistake of buying off their site direct, the price difference.. makes me sad
Thanks for the info. i will check our Aliexpress. I always buy from Lazada. haha
 

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
8,091
Reaction score
319
Ya I also want it red. No chance this round
I saw this OtterBox Symmetry Series+ Clear Antimicrobial Case but local mark up so much.

symmetry-plus-clear-iphpm21-4376-1.jpg
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,116
Reaction score
13,158
yup, its because the sides are hard plastic thus need to have the bottom exposed to allow some flexibility to put in the phone and taking it out. I guess because of the rigid plastic material used at the sides as compare to the rubber for other brands, the apple one does not turn yellow.

Rinke is good so far. The sides have not turn yellow yet though it does turn 'milky' on the inner sides of the frame but just need wet tissue to clean it and its clear again.
Oh, I'm also not a fan of hard plastic sides. Guess I'll go look at Ringke then.

Thanks for sharing! :)
 

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2000
Messages
8,595
Reaction score
37
This 2 brands are good. Spigen is fine too, but i prefer ringke over spigen. Spigen quality dropped significantly and the price is higher than ringke, so i just use ringke for now.

I bought a ringke fusion matte with magsafe, good for ocd like me (when seeing scratches on the back of the case) :s13:
i'm using ringke fusion but clear. i think its by the best clear case at a good price.
 

anizee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
1,087
Reaction score
27
Back when I was using iphone 5, the flat sides made the Power Support Air Jacket such a fantastic case. Think I will get a smoked black one for this as well once I decide which one to buy. Avoiding the clear PSAJ as I am afraid of oil stains and fingerprints. Also considering the official leather case, though not sure how that works with sweat.
 

Chevalier

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
5,031
Reaction score
883
you guys have a recommendation for a MagSafe charger that can I can mount/stick to my cupboard?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top