iPhone13/Mini/Pro/Pro Max Accessories Showcase Thread

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,167
Reaction score
3,193
Protection film that paste of the edge of the iPhone 13, along the on/off / mute button, sim tray and charging port to prevent scratches …
Sorry, I have misunderstood your question.
Now pandemic very paranoid, i always use alcohol wipes to clean the case and screen.

Now using the Apple Leather case, can use alcohol wipes or not ah?
No. DO NOT use alcohol with leather stuff, you will remove the coating or oil that comes with it.
Guys, Sequoia Green vs Dark Cherry, which one? o_O

Color: Graphite
qsqf7qwxliq71.jpg

(photo from Reddit hor)

Dang I prefer the Dark Cherry (and using one) but, can't find myself bringing a purple case out :(
Sequoia Green. I have this with my Sierra Blue.
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
It's up to the individual. I prefer a case colour that blends better with the phone colour. Example for my past phones except for iPhone X and current 13 Pro Max:

Space Grey X with Saddle Brown.
Gold XS Max with Saddle Brown.
Midnight Green 11 Pro Max with Forest Green.
Pacific Blue 12 Pro Max with Baltic Blue.
Sierra Blue 13 Pro Max with Wisteria.

Unfortunately this year's leather cases do not have any blue, else I would've gone straight for it. The silicone ones have it but I still prefer leather cases.
Sequoia Green. I have this with my Sierra Blue.
Ok guys, thanks a lot too! :)

On Dark Cherry with Graphite now. I shall decide by tomorrow evening! :D
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
Ok guys, thanks a lot too! :)

On Dark Cherry with Graphite now. I shall decide by tomorrow evening! :D

You can try to mix and match with the different colour cases at Apple’s online store. Each coloured case have pics of the different coloured phones to roughly give you an estimate how it’ll look.
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
You can try to mix and match with the different colour cases at Apple’s online store. Each coloured case have pics of the different coloured phones to roughly give you an estimate how it’ll look.
Haha I just saw, thanks anyway bro! ;)
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,167
Reaction score
3,193
Ok guys, thanks a lot too! :)

On Dark Cherry with Graphite now. I shall decide by tomorrow evening! :D
You can return within 14 days to Apple if you feel like the Dark Cherry does not grow on you. Remember that policy ;)
 

spidercyj

Master Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
513
This was my case for 12 pro max. Basic, slim and grippy. However, I wanted to use apple wallet and so this otterbox Case seem to be a better buy compare to Apple cases. There are many 3rd part MagSafe case out there that are good too
You can consider spigen mag armor which looks quite similar to the liquid armor but with magsafe.

I am currently on it and loved it
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
You can return within 14 days to Apple if you feel like the Dark Cherry does not grow on you. Remember that policy ;)
Yep, aware of that, that’s why probably changing. See how first hahaha! Thanks :)
 

spuispui

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
1,002
Reaction score
15
Just got my PSAJ. Very slim, sleek and light as usual but if phone drop and screen facing down I don’t think there is any protection at all
 

phrozact

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2003
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
18
I've just jumped on the Apple Leather Case bandwagon today, and initial impressions are pretty positive! The salesperson also cautioned against the use of alcohol wipes to clean the case, saying it'll cause the leather to discolour and even peel. I'm fine with the discolouration, but the peeling did get me a little worried...I'm not gonna use alcohol wipes on the case for sure, but seeing how thin the case is, I can see how the leather might start to peel after extended use. Has anyone experienced issues with the leather peeling, and would that be covered under the 1 year warranty?
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
I've just jumped on the Apple Leather Case bandwagon today, and initial impressions are pretty positive! The salesperson also cautioned against the use of alcohol wipes to clean the case, saying it'll cause the leather to discolour and even peel. I'm fine with the discolouration, but the peeling did get me a little worried...I'm not gonna use alcohol wipes on the case for sure, but seeing how thin the case is, I can see how the leather might start to peel after extended use. Has anyone experienced issues with the leather peeling, and would that be covered under the 1 year warranty?

Just to give you a better picture, here's how discolouration on my 12 Pro Max Baltic Blue leather case, used since launch day. You can see the discoloured abrasion marks on the edges.



And here, where how patina forms now on these new type of leather cases, usually more evident on the edges where you hold the phone.

 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,167
Reaction score
3,193
I've just jumped on the Apple Leather Case bandwagon today, and initial impressions are pretty positive! The salesperson also cautioned against the use of alcohol wipes to clean the case, saying it'll cause the leather to discolour and even peel. I'm fine with the discolouration, but the peeling did get me a little worried...I'm not gonna use alcohol wipes on the case for sure, but seeing how thin the case is, I can see how the leather might start to peel after extended use. Has anyone experienced issues with the leather peeling, and would that be covered under the 1 year warranty?
Leather is straight up cannot use alcohol. So that is a given.
 

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
18,423
Reaction score
166
Ordered the Power support MagSafe hybrid clear case. Can’t wait.
 

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
Just got my PSAJ. Very slim, sleek and light as usual but if phone drop and screen facing down I don’t think there is any protection at all
Dropped a few times for my iP12PM, 2 times face down.
Screen protector cracked, 2 super small paint chip.
That's all.

Dunno it's lucky or really protect well.
 

memoriess

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
74
what screen protector you guys using? i am using zeelot one, but after a week, got scratches liao and i never put my phone in pockets or with keys.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
Dropped a few times for my iP12PM, 2 times face down.
Screen protector cracked, 2 super small paint chip.
That's all.

Dunno it's lucky or really protect well.
Considering the screen glass is now inside of the frame, and your screen protector is sitting on top with it's edges exposed, chance are your phone screen still would've been fine even if there wasn't a screen protector on it.
 

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
Considering the screen glass is now inside of the frame, and your screen protector is sitting on top with it's edges exposed, chance are your phone screen still would've been fine even if there wasn't a screen protector on it.
erm I'm not sure about this..

But one point to take note using PSAJ or casing with buttons exposed.
I'm not sure was it due to hand sanitizer, the buttons coating of my iP12PM had some discolored.

I googled and there's user with this issue as well.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top