hi,
im currently a student who has to report for RT this coming week. is there any way for me to postpone/siam RT as my classes end in the evening and I will be unable to attend for now. my bday is in Nov.
currently:
1. I am confident of clearing IPPT, even getting silver.
2. My shoulder is injured and I've a 2week MC for it (althou can still bear the pain and do chinups)
3. I've ICT in August. (should i postpone my RT till after Aug? so i can clear during ICT?)
anyone can advise me? thanks
hi hengadachalam
dont know if my previous experience is applicable to your case, but let me share with you.
This was in 2006.
My window was June 14 2005 to June 13 2006.
Attempted my IPPT @ Safra Tamp (thought I cldnt make it for pass with $ or silver, and was lazy to travel to those FCCs)
Every station was ok, except for my pull-up.
I pulled 7, but the kuai lan PTI said I "swinged" so counted 5, so i failed.
The rest of my stations had a min. of pass with incentive standard, including 2.4km on the threadmill (I increased the speed so that i can finish running earlier)
As i attempted this ippt 1 or 2 days before my window closed, I wasnt able to rebook another ippt session, so its considered fail for current window (05 -06)and scheduled for RT.
The more i think, the more pissed i was, so wrote in 1 X powerful email to NS.sg to "appeal"
Also called them and explained to them my situation, telling them I can actually pass with incentive.
After a few days, received a call from my unit, saying they received my "appeal" and asked me go attend ippt together with those current ICT NSmen.
Really passed with incentive and:
1. They considered it I attempted and passed with incentive for my new window (06 -07)
2. The RT which I supposedly "owed" for my previous window (05-06) is waived off
My point is, write-in or call NS.sg 1st, if you can, then follow up with yr unit.
Be polite but firm.
No need go n f the CSO big time, he knows nothing and can do nothing other than forward your request.
I cant guarantee this will work, but who knows? you can get lucky like me?