IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattnat

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
employer is required by law to let you go for NS if you are issue with SAF100. There no good reason for you to take half day leave.

SAF100 should be issued to you for RT. Login to MyCallUp and forward your SAF 100 to your employer via email or print a hardcopy. The company can be fine for not release you under the law. If you boss is really unreasonable, you can contact Mindef and they can liaise with your HR.

Thanks chankh!! First time i've heard of SAF 100. Ok i will check that out and try to speak with my boss!!

Cheers :)
 

Potatoe

Senior Member
Joined
May 9, 2001
Messages
2,371
Reaction score
1
haiyo. next time better apply for IPT instead.
your job/a** is dangerously courting the chopping board..
 

Potatoe

Senior Member
Joined
May 9, 2001
Messages
2,371
Reaction score
1
shorts and t-shirt will do.
doesnt need to have saf logo.

and if possible, try avoiding bedok fcc both for IPT or RT. why?
they are knn garang and SIAO ON!

i was at maju camp during my nsf.. wah. i really envy our bros doing ipt/rt there. Lol.
 
Last edited:

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
7,731
Reaction score
26
I LOVE MAJU FCC! =)

The 1WO Lem v funny...

E.g

Qns: Why when you run, you lose energy?


Guess the answer he gave? LOL
 

asymmetric

Honorary Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
124,137
Reaction score
9,707
do u guys have difficulty reaching ur RT on time esp when work ends at 6pm and there are traffic jams?? is the solution to go for IPT instead?
 

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
7,731
Reaction score
26
In-pro time is till 6.30pm.

Solution of course is go for IPT... Btw, u'll be surprised, 6.30pm still got ppl in-pro...

I suggest u take Maju FCC. Really amazed by their sergeants and enciks...
 

hengadachalam

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Query on RT

hi,

im currently a student who has to report for RT this coming week. is there any way for me to postpone/siam RT as my classes end in the evening and I will be unable to attend for now. my bday is in Nov.

currently:
1. I am confident of clearing IPPT, even getting silver.
2. My shoulder is injured and I've a 2week MC for it (althou can still bear the pain and do chinups)
3. I've ICT in August. (should i postpone my RT till after Aug? so i can clear during ICT?)

anyone can advise me? thanks
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
hi,

im currently a student who has to report for RT this coming week. is there any way for me to postpone/siam RT as my classes end in the evening and I will be unable to attend for now. my bday is in Nov.

currently:
1. I am confident of clearing IPPT, even getting silver.
2. My shoulder is injured and I've a 2week MC for it (althou can still bear the pain and do chinups)
3. I've ICT in August. (should i postpone my RT till after Aug? so i can clear during ICT?)

anyone can advise me? thanks

You can defer up to 2-3 months. But august is too long liao, unless your unit give you permission, you cannot defer that long as you must complete your in rt 5 months time after your window is closed.

Since you got mc, you can try asking your doctor to give you more than 6 months excuse, you will then be excused for RT. If not, then have to go. Anyway, since you can pass, you just go for phase 1(8 sessions), pass it, then don't need to worry for 2 years.
 

Matrix21

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
2,286
Reaction score
49
isit possible to request for IPT if i am left with 3mths to window closing. the online booking system doesnt allow anymore but possible to call and request anot? cos i think most probably i would fail if i dont have any training
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
isit possible to request for IPT if i am left with 3mths to window closing. the online booking system doesnt allow anymore but possible to call and request anot? cos i think most probably i would fail if i dont have any training

don't think can, it's the rule...:)
 

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
19,988
Reaction score
308
when is the ippt sessions for RT phase 2 ? is it the 6th n last session ?
 

Adwlin

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2008
Messages
897
Reaction score
0
hi,

im currently a student who has to report for RT this coming week. is there any way for me to postpone/siam RT as my classes end in the evening and I will be unable to attend for now. my bday is in Nov.

currently:
1. I am confident of clearing IPPT, even getting silver.
2. My shoulder is injured and I've a 2week MC for it (althou can still bear the pain and do chinups)
3. I've ICT in August. (should i postpone my RT till after Aug? so i can clear during ICT?)

anyone can advise me? thanks

hi hengadachalam

dont know if my previous experience is applicable to your case, but let me share with you.

This was in 2006.
My window was June 14 2005 to June 13 2006.

Attempted my IPPT @ Safra Tamp (thought I cldnt make it for pass with $ or silver, and was lazy to travel to those FCCs)

Every station was ok, except for my pull-up.

I pulled 7, but the kuai lan PTI said I "swinged" so counted 5, so i failed.
The rest of my stations had a min. of pass with incentive standard, including 2.4km on the threadmill (I increased the speed so that i can finish running earlier)

As i attempted this ippt 1 or 2 days before my window closed, I wasnt able to rebook another ippt session, so its considered fail for current window (05 -06)and scheduled for RT.

The more i think, the more pissed i was, so wrote in 1 X powerful email to NS.sg to "appeal"
Also called them and explained to them my situation, telling them I can actually pass with incentive.

After a few days, received a call from my unit, saying they received my "appeal" and asked me go attend ippt together with those current ICT NSmen.

Really passed with incentive and:
1. They considered it I attempted and passed with incentive for my new window (06 -07)
2. The RT which I supposedly "owed" for my previous window (05-06) is waived off

My point is, write-in or call NS.sg 1st, if you can, then follow up with yr unit.
Be polite but firm.
No need go n f the CSO big time, he knows nothing and can do nothing other than forward your request.

I cant guarantee this will work, but who knows? you can get lucky like me?
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
Seriously, those who can pass, i wonder why must you wait till the last week or last few days then take your ippt? You all so busy for 358 days or so confident that you can pass in 1 attempt? In the end, accidentally fail then must go do all the extra stuff of trying to appeal here and there...:s8:
 

othniel80

Master Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
4,041
Reaction score
0
ya lor, don't pack everything till last minute, I also almost kena once because I wasn't well for the last minute IPPT session I booked. In the end I got let off with warning but not everytime so heng one. People, do book your session at least one month in advance if possible, give some allowance for adjustments.
 

superkid

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
937
Reaction score
0
what if u know u are injured but don't want to spend the money to see a specialist?
specialists treatment not cheap though
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
what if u know u are injured but don't want to spend the money to see a specialist?
specialists treatment not cheap though

then no excuse from ippt/rt lor...as simple as that...if not, i not sure what you looking for...:s8:
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
no way to get them to pay for the medical?

no...if not, every nsmen will go see a specialist from head to toe trying to get a downgrade...;)

the only way they pay is if you injured yourself during service(as in during your ippt/rt/ict)...but they are not even paying full, only up to a certain %...you want to take the risk and end up paying the bills yourself? :s8:

if you really injured, please go see a doc yourself and try to get a downgrade...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top