IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
Does 7Hk + 10 ORNS cycle = automatically MR?

I got 7Hk & 2LK ... donno whether can MR anot

can't wait to MR ..... the IPPT/IPT/RT thing ish very irritating

don't think got such thing as auto MR...

think need to wait for the MR letter specifying your MR date then counted...
 

blcq889

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I've gotten silver for ippt during NS; after ORD, passed 1st & 2nd year ippt.

This year i've got no time to train, but i can pass all stations and 2.4km except SBJ.

Can i apply for IPT, so that they can make the banding lower in order for me to pass?

But i've heard that due to me passing previous ippt, the banding that i will be getting for IPT is still gonna be very high, is that true?
 

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
Hi,

I've gotten silver for ippt during NS; after ORD, passed 1st & 2nd year ippt.

This year i've got no time to train, but i can pass all stations and 2.4km except SBJ.

Can i apply for IPT, so that they can make the banding lower in order for me to pass?

But i've heard that due to me passing previous ippt, the banding that i will be getting for IPT is still gonna be very high, is that true?

yes... your banding is most probably going to be one level below the normal IPPT passing level.
 

SyraLeo

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
4,519
Reaction score
146
When they say bmi 28, does it mean I must hit exactly 28 before I discharge? Or just in the band of 28 as in chart is enough to discharge from ipt?

no need, i needed BMI of 32 last year, i hit 32.8 , they still passed me.

this year i'm 1kg short of my target, gg, 20 RT sessions since i didnt go for 10 IPT sessions, waste of time...
 

blcq889

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
yes... your banding is most probably going to be one level below the normal IPPT passing level.

Thanks.

btw, for normal ippt in SAFRA, if i fail a static station, i can attend every sessions just to do that 1 station till i pass it.

Does this apply for IPT? If i clear all the band requirement except SBJ, can i return every session to do SBJ only?
 

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
Thanks.

btw, for normal ippt in SAFRA, if i fail a static station, i can attend every sessions just to do that 1 station till i pass it.

Does this apply for IPT? If i clear all the band requirement except SBJ, can i return every session to do SBJ only?

not sure how SAFRA IPPT works so can't comment on it.

for IPT, the first and last session (i.e. 1st and 10th) are IPT-IPPT sessions. meaning you book them as IPT but on that day itself you will be doing an IPPT during your IPT timeslot instead of the usual IPT training.

for all other IPPT attempts, you will need to book a normal IPPT session. the IPT target band will still apply during your normal IPPT test sessions.

for single station failure, i never encounter before so not sure as well.
 

Greenstone

Master Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
4,677
Reaction score
0
Anyone knows for RT, out of the 20 sessions, which sessions are IPPT? If pass that, can exit RT earlier?:(

can still ask for 1 month extension if cannot finish the 20 sessions in time?
 
Last edited:

Xylitol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
5,536
Reaction score
6
Anyone knows for RT, out of the 20 sessions, which sessions are IPPT? If pass that, can exit RT earlier?:(

can still ask for 1 month extension if cannot finish the 20 sessions in time?

8, 14, 20 are ippt

pass can exit earlier
 

verified

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
953
Reaction score
0
Anyone knows if I have to book my first IPT 6 months before my birthday in order to take IPT? According to NS.sg I need to book and complete my first session by april 10 2013. However when i log in to the system, I am still able to book IPT now. My birthday falls in the month of october. I want to go for IPT but I do not want to waste the time going if it is not going to be counted. Thanks for the help!
 

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
6,480
Reaction score
0
Anyone knows if I have to book my first IPT 6 months before my birthday in order to take IPT? According to NS.sg I need to book and complete my first session by april 10 2013. However when i log in to the system, I am still able to book IPT now. My birthday falls in the month of october. I want to go for IPT but I do not want to waste the time going if it is not going to be counted. Thanks for the help!

you must either compete ipt or take ippt before 3 months of your birthday.
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
Anyone knows if I have to book my first IPT 6 months before my birthday in order to take IPT? According to NS.sg I need to book and complete my first session by april 10 2013. However when i log in to the system, I am still able to book IPT now. My birthday falls in the month of october. I want to go for IPT but I do not want to waste the time going if it is not going to be counted. Thanks for the help!

No need. The date for the 1st session is just like a guideline for you so that u can finish it on time.

Just remember you must complete your ipt before your ippt window closes. IPPT window(9 months) is also your IPT window.
 

verified

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
953
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the replies! I do have another question. During the IPT-IPPT briefing which I just attended today, I was told by the supervising that I need to book a non ICT-IPPT even if I do pass the PPT requirements in the end. This has to be done anytime between the 1st and 10th session of the IPT. I thought that I will be exempted if I do pass during any session. I would like to double check this as I did not find this information on NS Portal. Thanks alot!
 

xusykl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
7,849
Reaction score
0
any difference for SAF vs SPF/SCDF ippt/rt stuffs?
i know SPF dun have this birthday window thingy. they go by financial year.
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
Thanks for the replies! I do have another question. During the IPT-IPPT briefing which I just attended today, I was told by the supervising that I need to book a non ICT-IPPT even if I do pass the PPT requirements in the end. This has to be done anytime between the 1st and 10th session of the IPT. I thought that I will be exempted if I do pass during any session. I would like to double check this as I did not find this information on NS Portal. Thanks alot!

Did you heard it wrongly? Did they say if you can meet your ppt, you can book a non-ict ippt anytime to clear it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top