IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitokit

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
713
Reaction score
0
I'm most likely going to fail my IPPT as my window is closing and I'm far from passing.

However, my uni exams period is coming soon and doubt I can study for exams and do RT. After my exams, I will be going overseas for long period of time and I've counted only 4 weeks that I can do RT on (excluding exam period and overseas).

So, is me being overseas for 1+ month and having exams during the 3 months RT period acceptable for me to get excused from completing the 20 RT? How do I go about to try and get the excuse?

I will definitely not be able to complete the RT. In fact, even after counting my exam period in, I can at most clear 18 sessions. Instead of waiting to get charged 3 months later, can anyone advice me on what procedures I can take to get proper excuse? (I don't mind going RT for all sessions that I can go minus my exam period and when I'm overseas)

Thanks


(I've read that we can extend our RT period by one month if we fail to complete. However, I will be overseas for the next one year, so extending it is out of the question)
 
Last edited:

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
hi guys, would like to ask a few qns here.

1) i just ord-ed and my birthday is in June so from now till june can i take ippt and get money if i managed to get pass and above?

2)if it happens that i failed the ippt, will there be any consequences?

3)so this period from now till june is considered 0th year?

4)what are the timings available and am i able to choose? I realise there's only this option to choose the dates so are the timings given to us by sms? Not very sure!!

Thank you!

1) Should be yes. Call ns.sg to confirm.

2) Nope as this is considered as 0th year.

3) See above.

4) Non-ict ippt always start at 5pm.
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
I'm most likely going to fail my IPPT as my window is closing and I'm far from passing.

However, my uni exams period is coming soon and doubt I can study for exams and do RT. After my exams, I will be going overseas for long period of time and I've counted only 4 weeks that I can do RT on (excluding exam period and overseas).

So, is me being overseas for 1+ month and having exams during the 3 months RT period acceptable for me to get excused from completing the 20 RT? How do I go about to try and get the excuse?

I will definitely not be able to complete the RT. In fact, even after counting my exam period in, I can at most clear 18 sessions. Instead of waiting to get charged 3 months later, can anyone advice me on what procedures I can take to get proper excuse? (I don't mind going RT for all sessions that I can go minus my exam period and when I'm overseas)

Thanks


(I've read that we can extend our RT period by one month if we fail to complete. However, I will be overseas for the next one year, so extending it is out of the question)

You can't be excused for your RT unless you are medically unfit during that period, ie 2-3 months excuse. Contact your unit and see if they can help u.
 

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
3,803
Reaction score
21
Just a quick update....I booked and took my IPPT 3 days after i've MRed cos I received an sms telling me to take my IPPT just 2 days before I MRed and there were no available slots before the 31st of March.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/75104315-post9650.html

Naturally I failed and today I tried to book another session...and this was what I got.

ippt.jpg


And when I checked for my past results including the one i just took 2 days ago.

ippt2.jpg


They are updated....so i guess the system finally recognizes that i've MRed. So i think there should be no more RT after this....woohoo!! Now I just wonder whether i'll be getting any service pay for the last IPPT i took.....hmmm.

Hopefully the above should clear up with the bros who are in or approaching your last cycle...

that's good!!!

when is your birthday?

----------------------------
for me, my birthday in on January,
will be clearing my 10th cycle ICT in August2013, then MR, but official date of MR will be 31march2014...

Thus am I right to say from Jan2014 to 31mar2014, I can NO NEED TO BOOK/TAKE IPPT/, I can even fail IPPT and bo chap, since I will official MR by 31march2014!!!!!
 

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
3,803
Reaction score
21
I'm 24.. if never get call up, stuck until 45 right? Lol I airman, not officer/spec.

you need to know some definition:

ORD= finish 2 or 2.5 yr NS
MR = finish 10 cycles ICT but age less than 40
ROD = age hit 40, never finish ICT cycles will also ROD.

to ans your question, if they call u up for ICT next year and subsequent every year for 10 cycles(7HK + 10 ORNS cycles), you can MR at age 34/35.

if Not, you then cannot MR but wait till age 4 and auto ROD.

MR = no need to do IPPt/RT already.

if you cannot MR, also mean you have to do IPPT/RT till age 40
 

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
3,803
Reaction score
21
you waited for how long already?

after waiting for 4 years, i finally got my first ict later this year and it is a high key...

so that's 7 low key and 2 high key to go...

is 6HK + 3LK to go.....

note that SAF can also ask you to go 10 cycles of HK one
 

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
9,982
Reaction score
0
you waited for how long already?

after waiting for 4 years, i finally got my first ict later this year and it is a high key...

so that's 7 low key and 2 high key to go...

half of your 4 years... I not even sure what's going on. my unit is decommissioning then after that I don't know what's going to happen. :s22:
 

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
half of your 4 years... I not even sure what's going on. my unit is decommissioning then after that I don't know what's going to happen. :s22:

same la... my platform also decommissioning and some more my ns unit is an evergreening unit... only diff is i am in army.
 

guile

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
26,180
Reaction score
2,462
that's good!!!

when is your birthday?

----------------------------
for me, my birthday in on January,
will be clearing my 10th cycle ICT in August2013, then MR, but official date of MR will be 31march2014...

Thus am I right to say from Jan2014 to 31mar2014, I can NO NEED TO BOOK/TAKE IPPT/, I can even fail IPPT and bo chap, since I will official MR by 31march2014!!!!!

My birthday is end July. By right need to take at least 1 ippt and pass before end April. If I still fail by end of April, I would have to go for RT and complete 20 sessions before my birthday.

In your case, you can just take your IPPT before 31st March. Even if you fail, you won't have to go for RT after the 9 month window is up. Or you can try and not take any IPPT between your birthday and end March.... And wait to see whether they will sms to remind you to take it a month before your 9 month period is up. Then let us know whether you need to take or not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top