Is it really over for Intel®?

Intel is ...

  • dead man walking, soon to be buried

    Votes: 58 50.9%
  • will bounce back, buyed Intc at $10 sure huat!

    Votes: 56 49.1%

  • Total voters
    114

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,356
Reaction score
10,223
ah yes yes water block mora setup and then the next thing I need is to delid and direct die cooling on the CPUs right

do gpu first, can get results!
Cpu delid i think dont bother, too time consuming unless is RPL

Wah. 1 stick so expensive ah. Can this work on z790 board?

Check your board if bios updated to sarpork

but upon further inspection, these Kingston stick use micron IC, its lousy avoid even if cudimm
 

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
933
Reaction score
466
UX49jLM.png


very tempted but very dangerous, I think I'll hold back and see how 5090 reviews go with different CPUs

it does seem like every store in Sim Lim has Z890 Apex instock and nothing else for high end overclocking
 

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
anyone having issues running 4 sticks with XMP ?
can't seem to get mine to boot. :(
Very normal especially if its 48GBx4. You need to tune. SA/CPU VDDQ/TX or the equivalent on ARL.

Attempted ASUS Z790F STRIX Gaming I vs II on 192GB (48GBx4) SKhynix Green Reference Modules.

STRIX I could only boot 4000MHz 192GB with Ban Leong's i3/Celeron/Pentium or RPL. BL RMA'd to Strix II because it worked under rated spec. Strix II could boot with BIOS defaults at JEDEC speeds for 192GB with manual tuning 192GB 6400MT/s tight was possible on an average 13900K.
Check your board if bios updated to sarpork

but upon further inspection, these Kingston stick use micron IC, its lousy avoid even if cudimm

Check against MSI's chart for an easy lookup on SKHynix M based kits.
(Clock driver is mandatory to be rated JEDEC SPD 6400) .
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-Z890I-EDGE-TI-WIFI/support#mem

-searchbox: SK Hynix
-sort by: SPD, look out for the 6400 ones
-find the sticks on amazon/newegg.
 
Last edited:

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
11,026
Reaction score
1,227
just curious what was your timing ?
my mem are in the QVL. :(
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,356
Reaction score
10,223
VGUOPm3.png


Jesus its like $1800 SGD not including tax and I'm still missing tubing and waterblocks. The last time I did this with a whole bunch of EKWB stuff cost like $1000, it only made the i9 7900X usable.

waterblocks also go heatkiller, they are solid, reference 5090 waterblock soon. not like you need local warranty https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ected-rma-lol-whats-the-next-upgrade.7075357/

bite the bullet! it is one time costs, should last many builds

eur60 DHL is quite cheap!

hoot and review for us. :s34:
 
Last edited:

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
933
Reaction score
466
have they ever solved gunk and other build up in radiators? I used to use primochill or something, back then that was quite a big problem.

the one time cost isn't the big problem, its the maintenance, how do I clean such a big radiator just take it out to the balcony and blast it with compressed air so the dust particles fall down to my neighbours balcony? hahaha
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,356
Reaction score
10,223
have they ever solved gunk and other build up in radiators? I used to use primochill or something, back then that was quite a big problem.

the one time cost isn't the big problem, its the maintenance, how do I clean such a big radiator just take it out to the balcony and blast it with compressed air so the dust particles fall down to my neighbours balcony? hahaha

just use Life distilled water and some clear biocide

no need maintenance just top up. :o

https://watercool.de/en/heatkiller-v-pro-ultra-for-palit-gainward-rtx-5090-graphics-cards/
 

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
just curious what was your timing ?
my mem are in the QVL. :(

The 192GB system belongs to a friend. Didn't keep screenshots.

Primaries even the XMP ones on G.Skill or any other module house ones are usually close at speeds like 6400.

It is the subtimings that require tuning. But always test memory with primaries only, then + secondary, then + tertiary to figure out how it scales.

Here are some of the common m-die subtimings I use. (can't find newer screenshots)
MgOeIgI.jpeg


tREFI recommendations by Asus's Bianbao.dev
dQZapBp.png
 
Last edited:

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
11,026
Reaction score
1,227
wow, this is one fast cpu. :D
reviewers make it sound like this is unusable. :ROFLMAO:

40WDSRm.png
 
Last edited:

matique

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2017
Messages
797
Reaction score
786
VGUOPm3.png


Jesus its like $1800 SGD not including tax and I'm still missing tubing and waterblocks. The last time I did this with a whole bunch of EKWB stuff cost like $1000, it only made the i9 7900X usable.

lol wtf that's so expensive. But i guess mora IV is more expensive since it is more modular.

This was for fully loaded mora 3 420 w/ grilles, feet + HK Tube w/ 1 d5. If take away the heavy backplate and qd3 total is under 700 euros. I added some stuff because last time hit 750 can get free shipping lol. But yeah good for longevity, can be adaptable to any wc build you do.
image.png
 

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
933
Reaction score
466
I actually found a German guy show off the MORA VI 600 setup (he has double) on 285k. It looks like he hasn't overclocked the setup yet and the temperature compared to his dual MORA 3 420 were very similar.

 

matique

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2017
Messages
797
Reaction score
786
I actually found a German guy show off the MORA VI 600 setup (he has double) on 285k. It looks like he hasn't overclocked the setup yet and the temperature compared to his dual MORA 3 420 were very similar.


That's just madness lol. There's such a thing called diminishing returns...

I myself don't need a mora for the current build, because it has enough rads etc. I just attach it because i have it. But to go out of your way to get dual moras is a bit much imo.

These are temps with single mora 420 w/ 2x 360 and 2x 240, i already feel it's overkill enough. There's a 2K delta between ambient and coolant temp. I think adding a second mora wouldn't even help much.

venom-spidey-stats.jpg
 

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
933
Reaction score
466
That's just madness lol. There's such a thing called diminishing returns...

I myself don't need a mora for the current build, because it has enough rads etc. I just attach it because i have it. But to go out of your way to get dual moras is a bit much imo.

These are temps with single mora 420 w/ 2x 360 and 2x 240, i already feel it's overkill enough. There's a 2K delta between ambient and coolant temp. I think adding a second mora wouldn't even help much.

venom-spidey-stats.jpg
I think hes using dual mora and no other radiator. Anyway those are really good temps for the 13900K nice.
 

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
wow, this is one fast cpu. :D
reviewers make it sound like this is unusable. :ROFLMAO:

40WDSRm.png
Even on 4DIMM boards + 4DIMM XMP kits, might see stability/mhz improvements if you use the equivalent of MSI Memory Force (forgot the name in Asus BIOS) to check each stick's quality 1 by 1 (grade 1st to 4th in slot A2). Corsair guarantees XMP profile but I don't think they sort to the level of detail for best speed, self-match slots can even out signal quality. (Better ASIC quality in slots with worse signals)

A1 (Worst Slot) - Best Stick
A2 - 2nd Best Stick
B1 - 3rd Best Stick
B2 (Best Slot) - Worst Stick

I have 8 48GB CUSOs (ASgard/Gloway/Cuso same company), they are Hynix OEM Green PCB rebrands (m die ES) with SPD flashed to Cuso, the worst ones do about 6600MHz (good ones 7600-7800) on a manual tune. The 6600 ones are very good candidates for 192GB builds (IMC/MB limited).

They are 969RMB ea if available on jd.com or pinduoduo, not on taobao worth considering if still in the testing phase. Self add iceman cnc copper sinks.
 
Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
That's just madness lol. There's such a thing called diminishing returns...

I myself don't need a mora for the current build, because it has enough rads etc. I just attach it because i have it. But to go out of your way to get dual moras is a bit much imo.

These are temps with single mora 420 w/ 2x 360 and 2x 240, i already feel it's overkill enough. There's a 2K delta between ambient and coolant temp. I think adding a second mora wouldn't even help much.

venom-spidey-stats.jpg

overkill for sure, I think its just for show :D
 

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
For the 32GB system guys, it is now possible to pressure TD via your dealer to get a box of 50 pcs of CKD KLEVV blacks with unlocked PMIC and spread it across dealers who'd take some in. Obviously this won't fit the bill for low-cost parts system builders use.

IpOLxPp.png



UX49jLM.png


very tempted but very dangerous, I think I'll hold back and see how 5090 reviews go with different CPUs

it does seem like every store in Sim Lim has Z890 Apex instock and nothing else for high end overclocking
Might be possible for distributor to bring in, MOQ might be 10 when talking about higher end boards. If you can find enough buyers to group buy via your preferred dealer, possibly 70% or close to 100% of the batch.

Unfortunate, but SG is a small market and good halo products like these are likely to collect dust on shelves because it doesn't have an Asus logo.
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,356
Reaction score
10,223
For the 32GB system guys, it is now possible to pressure TD via your dealer to get a box of 50 pcs of CKD KLEVV blacks with unlocked PMIC and spread it across dealers who'd take some in. Obviously this won't fit the bill for low-cost parts system builders use.

IpOLxPp.png




Might be possible for distributor to bring in, MOQ might be 10 when talking about higher end boards. If you can find enough buyers to group buy via your preferred dealer, possibly 70% or close to 100% of the batch.

Unfortunate, but SG is a small market and good halo products like these are likely to collect dust on shelves because it doesn't have an Asus logo.

50 pcs bare sticks should easy sellout. i see the shopping platform, bare sticks are cheaper.

distros just need to do some marketing. by sponsoring us free stick for testing!

also need bring in cheap but good heatspreader bundle like this kimdoole

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...RagzXH0x&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top