J’den Residences. Former Jcube

drkcynic

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
57,474
Reaction score
26,971
This is private property. Has income of the top 10-20% declined? When you’re speaking to this segment it doesn’t matter what the “average” wages are. You don’t buy a 3M house on “average” wages.

when I bought my first OCR condo near MRT, the psf was 12xx. Everyone say, wa so expensive, impossible, next time how to exit? Yet I did manage to make $ with over 400 psf increase.

I bought another unit during trade war period, all say wa, increase rate going up, so expensive, how to sell next time etc etc. today I sitting on over 600-700 psf gain. Even if market corrects by 10%, so what? I don’t have urgency to sell, I can hold for 5 years for 10 years, if price cheap enough I won’t mind even buying another one. The fact so many people dreaming of buying a cheap property shows demand is there.

asset inflate. Cash deflate. This is a fact of our modern economy. Property is one of those things you buy to wait and not wait to buy.
While I agree in principle that people with no properties on hand shouldn't wait, that has no bearings over whether J'den is a good buy or not at current prices.

The market might move, but some properties won't move in tandem. For people who are buying for own stay, personal preference can just go ahead. For investors, I think there are better value elsewhere, imo.
 

drkcynic

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
57,474
Reaction score
26,971
High floor 3BR ~ 3M.
Enjoy bagholding yah.
I don't know man. When I think about it logically, if someone die die want to stay in that development, would it be better to just rent? By renting, you don't get the pressure of forking out 3m in this environment and risk paying the highest psf in this area.

That is not to say the person shouldn't buy, he could go over to Lentor and get a 4 bedder for 2.5m at 1900 psf. If Jurong East does gets to 3000+psf, wouldn't Lentor easily get to 2300+ psf? I reckon 4 bedder can rent out higher to net off the rent he is paying for Jurong East. Vis-a-vis both development, which one will earn more capital upside with less risk. Food for thought.
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,243
Reaction score
5,158
I don't know man. When I think about it logically, if someone die die want to stay in that development, would it be better to just rent? By renting, you don't get the pressure of forking out 3m in this environment and risk paying the highest psf in this area.

That is not to say the person shouldn't buy, he could go over to Lentor and get a 4 bedder for 2.5m at 1900 psf. If Jurong East does gets to 3000+psf, wouldn't Lentor easily get to 2300+ psf? Vis-a-vis both development, which one will earn more with less risk. Food for thought.
Idk what so nice about this location for own stay….so crowded….jam pack MRT traffic, noisy, lousy air quality etc.
Might as well save 500k like u mentioned and own a car for next 20years or so hahaha
 

drkcynic

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
57,474
Reaction score
26,971
Idk what so nice about this location for own stay….so crowded….jam pack MRT traffic, noisy, lousy air quality etc.
Might as well save 500k like u mentioned and own a car for next 20years or so hahaha
I found it strange also. Jcube was a chui mall, nobody go one. Developer switched it to integrated housing and suddenly it becomes like the best thing since slice bread. o_O
 

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
5,479
Reaction score
907
I don't know man. When I think about it logically, if someone die die want to stay in that development, would it be better to just rent? By renting, you don't get the pressure of forking out 3m in this environment and risk paying the highest psf in this area.

That is not to say the person shouldn't buy, he could go over to Lentor and get a 4 bedder for 2.5m at 1900 psf. If Jurong East does gets to 3000+psf, wouldn't Lentor easily get to 2300+ psf? I reckon 4 bedder can rent out higher to net off the rent he is paying for Jurong East. Vis-a-vis both development, which one will earn more capital upside with less risk. Food for thought.
The thing is Lentor is being beaten to death here due to 'oversupply' issue while being priced at 20-21xx.

For J den I realise no one is surprised at the pricing but perhaps rather the huge popularity.
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,254
Reaction score
5,238
Idk what so nice about this location for own stay….so crowded….jam pack MRT traffic, noisy, lousy air quality etc.
Might as well save 500k like u mentioned and own a car for next 20years or so hahaha
These are things they don’t want to hear. Esp the mrt situation during rush hour.

Not to mention the many buses fetching workers into Changi business park.
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,254
Reaction score
5,238
The fact that Jden can fetch 2.4K psf for 2/3 bedder means the market can absorb.

This will further push up psf everywhere, always happens.

Thats why only time will tell. But if tpy Lorong 1 can launch at 2.5k psf in 2025, these will be the prices moving forward.

Will market accept? 2.4k psf already accepted in 2023, what’s 2,5k psf in 2025? Haha.

all those whom bought at 2k psf will be quite safez
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
22,310
Reaction score
5,576
It’s time the resale prices should catch up to new launch. The gap is so wide now


So weird. The gap keep widening between new launch and resale and the RCR and ocr so close to ccr
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
The thing is Lentor is being beaten to death here due to 'oversupply' issue while being priced at 20-21xx.

For J den I realise no one is surprised at the pricing but perhaps rather the huge popularity.
Don’t know why the word oversupply keep popping. Where is the oversupply? Just like Samsing supporter. See 1 Indian made iPhone got issue means iPhone dying. 😛
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
22,310
Reaction score
5,576
I found it strange also. Jcube was a chui mall, nobody go one. Developer switched it to integrated housing and suddenly it becomes like the best thing since slice bread. o_O
Is this integrated when the mrt and building is 6 driving lanes away and still got a bus stop in between.

Actual distance to mrt or bus stop is further than Artra to red hill or queens peak to queesntown or Bartley residence to Bartley mrt
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
It’s time the resale prices should catch up to new launch. The gap is so wide now


So weird. The gap keep widening between new launch and resale and the RCR and ocr so close to ccr
Some ppl just don’t want to buy old. I got many pandang friends. I remembered I helped 1 guy bought a Bottega wallet from France. Carrying all the way back and he asked me whether got touch his wallet. I told him ** la. Of course la. If never touch then how to check. Salesperson also touch mah. Some also die die want only new car. There is this group of ppl who just don’t care whether pricing make sense. Because money is just lose change to them
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
The thing is Lentor is being beaten to death here due to 'oversupply' issue while being priced at 20-21xx.

For J den I realise no one is surprised at the pricing but perhaps rather the huge popularity.

####

No leh… TT was very surprised and shouting madness

####
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
Yes, he shocked about the overwhelming response. for the price, he got say it's within expectations

####

it is definitely above Eric’s expectations
Eric guide price was 22xx psf
Also Eric’s guess of launch day sales not 88%

Eric said drive to Jden sf, if he takes a plane then you should have guessed that is Hillock…watch again if you missed

####
 
Last edited:

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,254
Reaction score
5,238
pent up demand usually is hard to predict.

if woodlands have one integrated at woodlands mrt also will sell like hot cakes.

same can be said for any other outskirt areas. Pasir Ris 8 comes to mind
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
Idk what so nice about this location for own stay….so crowded….jam pack MRT traffic, noisy, lousy air quality etc.
Might as well save 500k like u mentioned and own a car for next 20years or so hahaha

#####

that’s why the West Coast area attractive… away from crowd, sea view and reservoir view plus 10 mins shuttle bus ride to JE the second CBD

####
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top