J’den Residences. Former Jcube

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
5,479
Reaction score
907
So what if got access to so many lines, in the end it's still a long journey to other parts of Singapore be it by car or by MRT. By car you will have to contend with heavy traffic on AYE and ERP charges both ways during peak hours. By train, you contend with the human crush at Jurong East interchange and generally there's no seats available at peak hours either.

Seriously at that kind of pricing, I'll take any fairly new project in the central fringe areas like Redhill, Queenstown, Tiong Bahru anytime and still have change left over. They have the same MRT benefits, close proximity to amenities and good schools and traffic to town is generally pleasant even during peak hours.

No seats during off peak too!
During morning peak hours hearsay sometimes need to wait for 3rd or 4th train to board!

That family who told me has since sold and moved elsewhere! :ROFLMAO:


That is why I feel must be hardcore Jurong dwellers supporting the pricing and not sure how many of these hardcore folks out there
 

drkcynic

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
57,474
Reaction score
26,971
The general consensus is that JE is "ulu", crowded etc but I guess the numbers speak for themselves. Buyers profile 99% Singaporeans / PR buyers, 60% below 40. Even with no good schools there.

Maybe it's time to rethink what we assume are "popular" areas or "popular" attributes and accept that there are all kinds of people and profiles out there; not everyone think the same or want the same thing. Singapore also not very big ultimately.

Should be like some of my friends, 傻人有傻福, don't know anything about properties, don't care so much, just buy for own stay nia. Buy HPR huat, buy Panorama huat, buy Punggol huat. :D
 

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
5,479
Reaction score
907
The general consensus is that JE is "ulu", crowded etc but I guess the numbers speak for themselves. Buyers profile 99% Singaporeans / PR buyers, 60% below 40. Even with no good schools there.

Maybe it's time to rethink what we assume are "popular" areas or "popular" attributes and accept that there are all kinds of people and profiles out there; not everyone think the same or want the same thing. Singapore also not very big ultimately.

Should be like some of my friends, 傻人有傻福, don't know anything about properties, don't care so much, just buy for own stay nia. Buy HPR huat, buy Panorama huat, buy Punggol huat. :D
I honestly feel is the predominantly sheer lack of supply. With J gateway approaching 2k, it is really not that cheap for its age, at this current market.
 

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
5,479
Reaction score
907


JNA spot on about the average of 24-25 with guide price of 22 and cautioned about jumping into the transformation story. Even at 2350 psf towards the end of video, they will both avoid because you can get better deal elsewhere. They said the earlier marina transformation is different, and wary about Jurong's. And high end shops etc also won't appear at Jurong, unlike the first CBD.
 
Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
The general consensus is that JE is "ulu", crowded etc but I guess the numbers speak for themselves. Buyers profile 99% Singaporeans / PR buyers, 60% below 40. Even with no good schools there.

Maybe it's time to rethink what we assume are "popular" areas or "popular" attributes and accept that there are all kinds of people and profiles out there; not everyone think the same or want the same thing. Singapore also not very big ultimately.

Should be like some of my friends, 傻人有傻福, don't know anything about properties, don't care so much, just buy for own stay nia. Buy HPR huat, buy Panorama huat, buy Punggol huat. :D

####

although those days easier to Huat but I still applaud for your friend

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

#####
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
If i got spare name….i consider Woodlands first and see can get a 3BR premium facing pool at 1850psf anot….whahahaha

* most likely launch at average 2k psf


####

Lentor v woodland… he explains
looking for sacrificial lamb...




#######
 

sellipad2

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1,203


JNA spot on about the average of 24-25 with guide price of 22 and cautioned about jumping into the transformation story. Even at 2350 psf towards the end of video, they will both avoid because you can get better deal elsewhere. They said the earlier marina transformation is different, and wary about Jurong's. And high end shops etc also won't appear at Jurong, unlike the first CBD.

One is vested in Meyer, the other vested in Marina CBD, can listen but need to be careful of vested interests
 

marshmallow96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
1,528
Jurong has many mrt lines, infra, malls but to me, other areas also got mah, maybe not as many lines but ultimately the lines also don't make travel magically faster to other parts of SG.

So it must be hardcore demand from Jurong dwellers that support this pricing .. but remains to be seen as more supplies are released and when especially if this pricing for J'den will be wake-up call for those wanting to stay v badly in Jurong, to look elsewhere.

That is why I feel must be hardcore Jurong dwellers supporting the pricing and not sure how many of these hardcore folks out there
That’s why I said many here don’t spend most of their lives in West esp Zoolong mah… if you are here long enough, you know the profile of people staying around Jurong … you won’t find anyone who “wants to stay in Jurong very badly”, and they are in JE not because they are attracted by the malls or MRT lines or what not… They are here because they need to be here. There are just many people who stay and work in the West 😂

If you realised, “Jurong” actually spans across 5 MRT stations (places with Jurong E/W street xxxx in address) that's like Bishan to Canberra, or like Eunos to Tampines… and then you compare the number and type of housing in Jurong to these areas… The demand is real. Again like I said before, not that I agree with the pricing, but as we can see there is plenty of demand here

Then someone can ask like that why not buy Lakegarden? West Coast? Can only say people are practical, why make your life so inconvenient 😅 if I have the money, I’ll also choose 2.4k heart of JE vs 2.1k Lakegarden, simply because I won’t choose inconvenience so won’t even consider Lakegarden 💀
 

marshmallow96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
1,528
Just wondering: if there is a new launch now just outside Tampines MRT going for 2.4k psf, would people here find it more acceptable than Zoolong? :crazy:
 

marshmallow96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
1,528
Any views on the upcoming launch, Sora, which is beside Lakegarden Residences?

Its land cost is about 20% cheaper than the latter.
I’m not investment savvy like the bros here so I’ll just talk about what is available there 😂 it’s furthest from MRT so you need to consider about the transport… Only 2 buses there 💀 my friend stays in the HDB opposite basically grabs to everywhere - provided you can get a Grab cos the wait is very painful - give yourself at least 15-20 mins to get one. If driving then okie cos AYE is near. Can walk to Taman Jurong market so amenities wise still ok.

If you can get the right facing should be nice la… Lake/park view or even sea view. Rental wise perhaps can aim those families going to the Indian international school opposite… 🤔
 

HIW9988

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2021
Messages
88
Reaction score
36
Some ppl just don’t want to buy old. I got many pandang friends. I remembered I helped 1 guy bought a Bottega wallet from France. Carrying all the way back and he asked me whether got touch his wallet. I told him ** la. Of course la. If never touch then how to check. Salesperson also touch mah. Some also die die want only new car. There is this group of ppl who just don’t care whether pricing make sense. Because money is just lose change to them
So how the wallet? He still want or dont want? Lol
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,243
Reaction score
5,158
That’s why I said many here don’t spend most of their lives in West esp Zoolong mah… if you are here long enough, you know the profile of people staying around Jurong … you won’t find anyone who “wants to stay in Jurong very badly”, and they are in JE not because they are attracted by the malls or MRT lines or what not… They are here because they need to be here. There are just many people who stay and work in the West 😂

If you realised, “Jurong” actually spans across 5 MRT stations (places with Jurong E/W street xxxx in address) that's like Bishan to Canberra, or like Eunos to Tampines… and then you compare the number and type of housing in Jurong to these areas… The demand is real. Again like I said before, not that I agree with the pricing, but as we can see there is plenty of demand here

Then someone can ask like that why not buy Lakegarden? West Coast? Can only say people are practical, why make your life so inconvenient 😅 if I have the money, I’ll also choose 2.4k heart of JE vs 2.1k Lakegarden, simply because I won’t choose inconvenience so won’t even consider Lakegarden 💀
At gunpoint, i will choose JD at 2400psf instead of LG at 2100psf…at least there is rental demand while i baghold whahahaha
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,243
Reaction score
5,158
Just wondering: if there is a new launch now just outside Tampines MRT going for 2.4k psf, would people here find it more acceptable than Zoolong? :crazy:
Nope….it is all about entry price for me.

However, i have stricter criteria….only bluechip FH evergreen project whahaha

*I already find 17xxpsf (remaining bigger 3/4BR) for Pasir Ris 8 expensive liao….. :ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,243
Reaction score
5,158
I’m not investment savvy like the bros here so I’ll just talk about what is available there 😂 it’s furthest from MRT so you need to consider about the transport… Only 2 buses there 💀 my friend stays in the HDB opposite basically grabs to everywhere - provided you can get a Grab cos the wait is very painful - give yourself at least 15-20 mins to get one. If driving then okie cos AYE is near. Can walk to Taman Jurong market so amenities wise still ok.

If you can get the right facing should be nice la… Lake/park view or even sea view. Rental wise perhaps can aim those families going to the Indian international school opposite… 🤔
Seriously LG area need to wait 15-20min to get a grab? Are u refering to peak hours and/or raining days? Whahaha

I tot only ulu places in JB need to wait soo long whahahaha
 

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
5,479
Reaction score
907
Seriously LG area need to wait 15-20min to get a grab? Are u refering to peak hours and/or raining days? Whahaha

I tot only ulu places in JB need to wait soo long whahahaha
Peak and rainy days, including weekends. Can see how the grab pricing increases as you are in the queue searching.
 

marshmallow96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
1,528
Seriously LG area need to wait 15-20min to get a grab? Are u refering to peak hours and/or raining days? Whahaha

I tot only ulu places in JB need to wait soo long whahahaha
Not just LG, even near to Lakeside/Chinese Garden MRT also 🫠 pretty common experience for me but I usually take Grab on weekends.

Oh the time I see many empty cabs is at night like 8-9pm when people are coming home from various parts of SG hahahaha 🤣 weekday afternoon hardly see cabs
 

marshmallow96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
1,528
At gunpoint, i will choose JD at 2400psf instead of LG at 2100psf…at least there is rental demand while i baghold whahahaha
That said… LG side is actually very nice for retirement, but perhaps I’ll get the HDB opposite instead :crazy:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top