J’den Residences. Former Jcube

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
J gateway average 1500psf in 2013 and now 1950psf exactly 10 years later…..30% in 10years very average lor

####

I am guesstimating J’den.

No full condo facilities and smaller, one utuber say should be 200 psf lesser than JG

if launch in 2013, price about 1300 psf (1500 -200). In 2023, now sell like hot cakes 2451 psf, then new launch price increased about 90% in 10 years, about doubled in 10 years…

No exact numbers, just estimate…

Whether resale prices increase as much… difficult to tell…

####
 
Last edited:

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
5,472
Reaction score
907
J gateway average 1500psf in 2013 and now 1950psf exactly 10 years later…..30% in 10years very average lor
But to be fair, 2013 was the peak, rmb seeing video other launches during that year didn't fare well.. comparatively J Gateway decent bah
 

Forever84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
25,028
Reaction score
11,451
But back then you can compare to HK. Now, compare to HK and NYC and Tokyo all their residential real estate slowing down. London/Australia also slowing down, only sg is on a rocket ship. We still have a bit of room to go before reaching those levels, but have to discount a bit because got Hdb and a lot of public housing. But when does it become unreasonable? 3k psf for ocr is around HK level already and you see how even they can't sustain it for.
Your argument is exactly same as it was 10 years ago. 1.2k psf is unreasonable for OCR. You can go look back old threads in this forum, confirm u can find ppl say 2k for OCR is insane and impossible. Yet here we are
 

roflolmao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
24,744
Reaction score
3,083
Your argument is exactly same as it was 10 years ago. 1.2k psf is unreasonable for OCR. You can go look back old threads in this forum, confirm u can find ppl say 2k for OCR is insane and impossible. Yet here we are
I didn't say it was unreasonable 10 years ago so I can't comment on others. 10 years ago I had no money to even consider property. Literally just working a few years so I never do research back then.

Now? You think housing prices will continue to chiong even though REAL WAGE has decreased in 2022, will probably stagnant or remain low, and interest rates remain elevated?

Just fyi, 10 years ago we fresh from 08 crisis, economies were keen to emerge from the banking crisis and interest rates low (even reaching 0) for a decade. Now? Why get 4% rental yield (this yield not even guaranteed) when you can get it from a super secure usd or even sgd fixed income near 4% instrument that is triple A rated? Reits and commercial buildings not doing very well also, all other developed countries comparable to sg also not doing very well.

Anyhow, we can talk till the cows come home, no one gives a ****. Put your money where your mouth is. I see you at marquee or rolex shop or new launch or maserati show room when you huat. Feel free to look down on me then if that makes you feel better.
 

marshmallow96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
1,528
marshmellow sis, got regret never whack this instead? Haha
won’t la… Wait till you spend almost an hour to meet your friends in central area :crazy: like what I said many times… still can’t believe i see the day that Zoolong is selling at 2.5k psf :crazy: really the best time to buy is yesterday
 

rider83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
13,368
Reaction score
6,140
J gateway didnt do well is because it was mainly purchased with HSR in mind and it didnt materialise.

Jden is different because people purchased it with their eyes opened
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
10 years later aka 2033 then we see. If in 2013 I tell u EC reach $1500 psf, I think u probably point middle finger at me
New launches around Jden vicinity in 2033 possible to hit >3k psf.

So i stick to my ave 2.8k psf for Jden in 2033 whereas new launch nearby at 3.5k psf.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
New launches around Jden vicinity in 2033 possible to hit >3k psf.

So i stick to my ave 2.8k psf for Jden in 2033 whereas new launch nearby at 3.5k psf.
Lately price sibei strange. Like I hear one property agent told me someone paid $2m for a 4 bedder treasure crest unit (like 8-9 years old) when no one wants to buy Ola ($1.6m). New by right should be more ex right? Scratching my head. Suddenly EC like $1000+psf is like lelong considering OCR condo can fetch $1600psf
 

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
5,472
Reaction score
907


TT Lum could not believe it and won't be surprised if there is any new cooling measure thereafter

Just find it amusing that 24xx is smth that he has predicted, which he said so, but when it happened in reality, he is very shocked.
 

page||

Master Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
2,688
Reaction score
981


TT Lum could not believe it and won't be surprised if there is any new cooling measure thereafter

Just find it amusing that 24xx is smth that he has predicted, which he said so, but when it happened in reality, he is very shocked.

Y?.. because in his mind he thinks it is ridiculous?.. zoolong?.. sigh hahahahahaha
 

Forever84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
25,028
Reaction score
11,451
I didn't say it was unreasonable 10 years ago so I can't comment on others. 10 years ago I had no money to even consider property. Literally just working a few years so I never do research back then.

Now? You think housing prices will continue to chiong even though REAL WAGE has decreased in 2022, will probably stagnant or remain low, and interest rates remain elevated?

Just fyi, 10 years ago we fresh from 08 crisis, economies were keen to emerge from the banking crisis and interest rates low (even reaching 0) for a decade. Now? Why get 4% rental yield (this yield not even guaranteed) when you can get it from a super secure usd or even sgd fixed income near 4% instrument that is triple A rated? Reits and commercial buildings not doing very well also, all other developed countries comparable to sg also not doing very well.

Anyhow, we can talk till the cows come home, no one gives a ****. Put your money where your mouth is. I see you at marquee or rolex shop or new launch or maserati show room when you huat. Feel free to look down on me then if that makes you feel better.
This is private property. Has income of the top 10-20% declined? When you’re speaking to this segment it doesn’t matter what the “average” wages are. You don’t buy a 3M house on “average” wages.

when I bought my first OCR condo near MRT, the psf was 12xx. Everyone say, wa so expensive, impossible, next time how to exit? Yet I did manage to make $ with over 400 psf increase.

I bought another unit during trade war period, all say wa, increase rate going up, so expensive, how to sell next time etc etc. today I sitting on over 600-700 psf gain. Even if market corrects by 10%, so what? I don’t have urgency to sell, I can hold for 5 years for 10 years, if price cheap enough I won’t mind even buying another one. The fact so many people dreaming of buying a cheap property shows demand is there.

asset inflate. Cash deflate. This is a fact of our modern economy. Property is one of those things you buy to wait and not wait to buy.
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,253
Reaction score
5,238
Yea if one doesn’t like to buy to wait den property is not for you.

can go cheaper option like crypto or stocks everyday look at it and short.
 

Nanonited

Master Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2004
Messages
3,291
Reaction score
606
This is private property. Has income of the top 10-20% declined? When you’re speaking to this segment it doesn’t matter what the “average” wages are. You don’t buy a 3M house on “average” wages.

when I bought my first OCR condo near MRT, the psf was 12xx. Everyone say, wa so expensive, impossible, next time how to exit? Yet I did manage to make $ with over 400 psf increase.

I bought another unit during trade war period, all say wa, increase rate going up, so expensive, how to sell next time etc etc. today I sitting on over 600-700 psf gain. Even if market corrects by 10%, so what? I don’t have urgency to sell, I can hold for 5 years for 10 years, if price cheap enough I won’t mind even buying another one. The fact so many people dreaming of buying a cheap property shows demand is there.

asset inflate. Cash deflate. This is a fact of our modern economy. Property is one of those things you buy to wait and not wait to buy.
10% is nothing, your profits so gao… 30% drop also no need to panic….

dont hear any naysayers anymore for this period… all give up trying to predict the downturn if any. But difference is last time ‘average’ wages can comfortably afford a private 3 bedder new launch…. now i guess its only the top 10-20% affording it comfortably short if having ammo pumped in by parents which is the new trend nowadays..
 

page||

Master Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
2,688
Reaction score
981
A review that talks sense

Thks for sharing. What he is saying, I always say to my cfo at home. Lol

basically don’t trust agents with agenda. And im not an agent. Buying is more an art than science nowadays.
And to buy new launch, either have (Suga) daddy, born rich, or use 2 names to buy 99-1..

Because the barrier to entry is a cool 600k+ minimum for 3 br anywhere nowadays….
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top