Ender
Arch-Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jan 1, 2000
- Messages
- 18,338
- Reaction score
- 7,970
From 2023, this look like my marathon goal life. 2025 will be my year?

From 2023, this look like my marathon goal life. 2025 will be my year?
Cause I was outside and not in the shelter. Whole body soaked and shoes were slushy throughout the marathon. Only good thing was the cool weather I guess. Just an uncomfortable feelingI remember, that was the first race after covid lock down. Kena stuck in the shelter. But I thought the weather was cooling once the rain subside enough to start.
should be, that's what he wroteHe is my age category. can really endure. Team falcon, the Chris Timm group?
Take ur time to decide, I wanted to do overseas races and next year will be the time.now I also heart itchy itchy.... will be virgin race of any sort... decisions... decisions....
My biggest hurdles for HM will be whether I might cramp out later into the run and gut issues (which is highly unlikely for morning runs).Wow! Go for it!I think your HM goals should be achievable. 3:20 is a conservative target for your marathon debut
D is what I can achieve now in Sg. C is what I think I can achieve overseas. B is upper limit of what I can achieve overseas. A is best case scenario by the end of the year.Wow......so many goals.
My conversation with my friend was that he recommended me to run HM because he was worried I might lose my fast twitch strength if I transited too fast from HM. Since I had to wait for 30k people in the queue today, HM was sold out. I made the decision to go for the FM for the experience.Since you already signed up fo FM, just saying I feel when going for overseas race, I always feel the money spend on air tix and accommodation, makes FM is more value for money option. Apart for more distance and more logistics, the favorable climate affects more on longer distances.
Sure can meet you FM goal, your current training regime and 6 months to go. Ample time to get there.
All the best. Focus on the HM first then slowly progress up.Take ur time to decide, I wanted to do overseas races and next year will be the time.
My biggest hurdles for HM will be whether I might cramp out later into the run and gut issues (which is highly unlikely for morning runs).
My pace is there, I still have a few sharpening workouts to do. I am thinking of peaking with the 15km HM workout (4k @ 4.08 - 4.12, 1k float @ 4.35 - 4.40) x 3 in 2-3 weeks time.
My last week workout was 1.5k @ 3.58, 4.00, 4.03, 3.58, 1.5k float @ 4.28, 4.30, 4.30. Slowly, cut back on the pace and increase the interval distance.
I will train for 3:20 after the HM, I will think about it more in Jan.
D is what I can achieve now in Sg. C is what I think I can achieve overseas. B is upper limit of what I can achieve overseas. A is best case scenario by the end of the year.
My conversation with my friend was that he recommended me to run HM because he was worried I might lose my fast twitch strength if I transited too fast from HM. Since I had to wait for 30k people in the queue today, HM was sold out. I made the decision to go for the FM for the experience.
After a bit of reflection, I realised it's possible to maintain fast twitch by doing strides (Kiplimo does this in his weekly workouts), short distance intervals (1k repeats at 5k pace) + doing longer warm up and cooldown to make up for the short intervals mileage. There are ways to get around this, so I am not too worried.
In the 6 months:
1. Get used to 70k+/week of running average, with long runs going up to 30-35km and peaking at 80k+/week.
2. Try energy gels while maintaining my running form and fix my hydration regime.
3. Figure out true marathon pace, highly likely <5.00 min/km based on consistent long runs. Unsure if it's 4.45 min/km.
Too heavy, i usually just bring 2 bottles in Singapore , but i end my workouts early, start at 515 am and reach home by 9 .I very huge proponent for cooling, esp for performance gains.
Even on the bike, i have lots of super chilled water and i pour onto my kid. Have additional 500ml bottles at the back of our jerseys (totally iced up and then via contact cools our bodies). He has a 1000ml bottle (康师傅)and i have those 500ml bottles. Dont know why, but he perspires heckloads one, and the face could get pretty red. I scared, but still the training has to go on.
The tiong store beside Park Rd at People's Park complex now got offer, lots of flavours. 康师傅 500ml only 60c and 1000ml only $1.20. Not scarlette, that one is 60 cents for 500ml (now on offer, usual 80c) and 1000ml $1.50 (no offer as of now).
Too heavy, i usually just bring 2 bottles in Singapore , but i end my workouts early, start at 515 am and reach home by 9 .
I usually bring plain water in camelbak podium but if i stop for a break will get water and milk usually
Virgin marathon, yes it's very hard to dial in on the marathon pace you wanna base your training at. Coz once you go into the training block, it's usually trained by pace. like easy base building will likely be MP +15sec or +20 sec. Then there are pickup long run, where you do MP pace or MP -5 sec pace.Take ur time to decide, I wanted to do overseas races and next year will be the time.
My biggest hurdles for HM will be whether I might cramp out later into the run and gut issues (which is highly unlikely for morning runs).
My pace is there, I still have a few sharpening workouts to do. I am thinking of peaking with the 15km HM workout (4k @ 4.08 - 4.12, 1k float @ 4.35 - 4.40) x 3 in 2-3 weeks time.
My last week workout was 1.5k @ 3.58, 4.00, 4.03, 3.58, 1.5k float @ 4.28, 4.30, 4.30. Slowly, cut back on the pace and increase the interval distance.
I will train for 3:20 after the HM, I will think about it more in Jan.
D is what I can achieve now in Sg. C is what I think I can achieve overseas. B is upper limit of what I can achieve overseas. A is best case scenario by the end of the year.
My conversation with my friend was that he recommended me to run HM because he was worried I might lose my fast twitch strength if I transited too fast from HM. Since I had to wait for 30k people in the queue today, HM was sold out. I made the decision to go for the FM for the experience.
After a bit of reflection, I realised it's possible to maintain fast twitch by doing strides (Kiplimo does this in his weekly workouts), short distance intervals (1k repeats at 5k pace) + doing longer warm up and cooldown to make up for the short intervals mileage. There are ways to get around this, so I am not too worried.
In the 6 months:
1. Get used to 70k+/week of running average, with long runs going up to 30-35km and peaking at 80k+/week.
2. Try energy gels while maintaining my running form and fix my hydration regime.
3. Figure out true marathon pace, highly likely <5.00 min/km based on consistent long runs. Unsure if it's 4.45 min/km.
Just set the destination as close to the start point. The last time we did that, and when we reach Raffles Blvd, the traffic got heavy and slow, we told the driver to stop at Marina square taxi stand, opposite Millenia walk and walk from there.Any suggestions where to alight if I taking grab to scsm this sat to prevent jam?
Wasn’t planning on buying any more shoe this year but the dyna fish booth caught me by surprise. Got my sizing fitted and bought the US8.5 which is half a size above my usual. US 8 is okay but smaller leeway in front. Bought the newer colorway which is quite worth itThose collecting their race pack at SCSM REPC can take a look at the Dynafish booth. They have size 45 and price is $109. Not much different from TB price, and you get to try your size and have the shoes right there .
Gold Coast Marathon has a booth there. They are having limited entries there for sale even though it's sold out online.
To add, I asked the guy at the Saurus gel booth which gel are provided during the race, and they are the no.1 and 2. i.e the two cheaper non elite one. 25g carb per pack and the no.1 has 75 mg of caffeine.
For caffeine, I intend to use one nootropic at 15 km to boost 200mg of caffeine. Then every 5km one Saurus gel no.1 for 75mg caffeine starting from 25km. Also will compliment with saurus no.2 at every 10km. starting from 22km aid station (giving about 75g of carb per 10km). I will only need to hand carry only 3 pack of ELITE GELs (one nootropic and 2 others, either WIN SPorts or SIS Betafuel) for the first 22km. Saurus gel will be collected from the aids station at 22km, 30km and 34km. Minimize the weight of carrying of gels.