jogging and motivation thread

xllms

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
9,230
Reaction score
5,129
from my limited experience with spikes. spikes also divided into sprint or distance. distance is for 800m upwards and has more cushioning, sprint spikes are a different matter. I see I also scared:ROFLMAO:
have only run in distance spikes and they have a bit more cushioning. you are up on your forefoot but your heel will also "kiss" the ground during the gait cycle.
first few runs takes getting used to and for body to adapt. Can definitely feel in calves, achilles and plantar fascia
quite correct. but even for distance running from 800m onwards, runners use forefoot to run most of the time. Those who are not well trained or getting tired will inevitably have heel contact. In general, those who use forefoot only usually have shorter contact time.
 

xllms

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
9,230
Reaction score
5,129
Tongiht if i ride to Sentosa or MBS, i dont think i can get out that easily, be it by pavement and/or road.

Leave till tomorrow morning 6am go ride MBS area and see all the drunkards lying on the floor (usually of South Asian descent). Or those teenager groups who just choose to stay overnight coz trying to get out really is waste time. 🤣 Coz impossible to clear everyone by MRT after midnight.

Then by 7am can see many more people running for the new year and setting so-called new year running resolutions.
have fun with your new year ride
😊
 

xllms

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
9,230
Reaction score
5,129
Not really sure about running. But for my kid, i know his recovery ability is really fast. Sometimes after long distance cycling, i feel fatigue, he feels tired as well. Then evening time or even the next day (eg Sunday) i still fatigue and so my pace for long distance need to slow down to around 26-28kmh if not i really feel that i could injure myself or my muscles or something (or possibly so fatigued by the end of everything that the recovery stage after that is very long and hence unproductive). He still tells me he feels good and fresh and can go another round.
hah....
Young kids, battery recharge very fast one.
 

winningeleven

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
10,899
Reaction score
3,977
Happy new year 2026 .

Did a long run just now after checking wed 4d result! Wanted to do a 30km but in the end. Only 27km. But at least it was 1km more than my previous 26km done 2 weeks ago. I believe I didnt eat enough before that and also didn't consume any gel during the run. Just depend on plain water at 11km, 21km and 25km.

Despite out of 6 weeks due to injury . I still managed to clock almost 1500km in 2025. More than what I ran in 2024. I hope this year I can hit 2000km. Stay injury free and do a full marathon.

[url=https://ibb.co/SXSJbXFn] [/URL]
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,337
Reaction score
7,968
Strava year end report. This year major changes is the bicycle rides. All of them are low intensity NEAT activities used for errands. Most of us runners are what they call Active Couch Potato. Basically we are active for the run like 1 hour. But become sedentary for the rest of the day. Increasing NEAT with bike for neighborhood errands is a good way to make the day having more Active hours.
IHCgyUcx4vPnxl6AeFOuJaRhPFgDEub6mjSLEfql9nw-1358x2048.jpg
 

bbbbbw

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
348
Happy new year everybody and hope everyone stay free from injuries to achieve your fitness goals.

would like to seek advice - will be going for xray and see doc if can remove splint.

if doc gives the ok, then do you all think I should go for the occupational therapy in afternoon since splint can be removed?

feel that this OT is waste money. First meeting charge me $80 plus after subsidy for the scaphoid splint and orthosis fitting / assessment
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,551
Reaction score
8,987
Happy new year everybody and hope everyone stay free from injuries to achieve your fitness goals.

would like to seek advice - will be going for xray and see doc if can remove splint.

if doc gives the ok, then do you all think I should go for the occupational therapy in afternoon since splint can be removed?

feel that this OT is waste money. First meeting charge me $80 plus after subsidy for the scaphoid splint and orthosis fitting / assessment
Better to go for OT because your injured part(cast or splint) is inactive for a long time.

During army time I had operation and cast. After cast removed, the hand become like frozen.

OT will train you to reactivate and strengthen the injured part.

Also if your work and daily life require specific movement, OT will teach you how to better regain those activities.
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,337
Reaction score
7,968
425g for size 42 is very heavy
Ya, I would say shocking heavy. Now with the advancement of supercritical foam shoes, even max cushion shoes at my size 46, 300g I already very reluctant to consider.

Edit, I realized he weighs two shoes together. @Sadisticnoob . Am I seeing your picture correctly? Two shoes at 425g, then it is fine.
 

xllms

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
9,230
Reaction score
5,129
Ya, I would say shocking heavy. Now with the advancement of supercritical foam shoes, even max cushion shoes at my size 46, 300g I already very reluctant to consider.

Edit, I realized he weighs two shoes together. @Sadisticnoob . Am I seeing your picture correctly? Two shoes at 425g, then it is fine.
good observation. if a pair is 425g, one shoe is less than 215 which is pretty good.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,262
Reaction score
11,568
More on the zoseo shoes.

https://zoseo.vn/zoseo-jetboost-grey-orange-p32323.html

Weight is 425 grams in size 42

GBS7odr.jpeg


5xz3tME.jpeg


could feel there is some hot spots on the right big toe of the shoe, will try more to see if it can be used for long distance, as i start to have shin splints after 7-10km for most shoes.

Bro, dont think about it liao. I have nothing to say about 425g EU42. Just buy china shoes can liao.
This one maciam like aleoca road baisikal and you find that you are someone who is performance oriented and you wanna bring it over the causeway to climb Malaysia's hills/mountains.
 
Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,262
Reaction score
11,568
Happy new year everybody and hope everyone stay free from injuries to achieve your fitness goals.

would like to seek advice - will be going for xray and see doc if can remove splint.

if doc gives the ok, then do you all think I should go for the occupational therapy in afternoon since splint can be removed?

feel that this OT is waste money. First meeting charge me $80 plus after subsidy for the scaphoid splint and orthosis fitting / assessment

If dont wanna waste too much money Just go for like 3 sessions to have an idea and ask (indirect) questions on what are they trying to do and achieve. Unfortunately, some of the older more lao jiao esp private ones do not like to do that, conflict of interest, and they know what you are trying to squeeze out. Your leg's tan lines might already be a give away even if you do not explicitly tell them what happened.

Usually, it is pretty easy one, in fact too easy for quite a few of us and we have been doing way tougher/advanced/broader stuff.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,788
Reaction score
1,810
Bro, dont think about it liao. I have nothing to say about 425g EU42. Just buy china shoes can liao.
This one maciam like aleoca road baisikal and you find that you are someone who is performance oriented and you wanna bring it over the causeway to climb Malaysia's hills/mountains.
425 for a pair

one side is around 212 ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top