jogging and motivation thread

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,343
Reaction score
7,973
Actually I only look at the amount of carbs per gel. Not very familiar with gels haha. But it honestly give an energy boost especially those with caffeine.

Previously used to take aminovital. Taste and texture is good but I find it really don't help at all. So now just trial and error.
Ya need to trial.
For me need to be light and pack as high energy as possible (kcal or KJ). Then trial if taste is acceptable and no issue for the gut.
And the price too, cheaper better.
 
Last edited:

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,343
Reaction score
7,973
I wonder how many here have issue tearing off the gel packets? I find SIS and most brands I tried like KODA, high 5, they don't tear off easily. Especially worst when I have sweaty palms.
The Maction(迈胜)brand is the first time I was able to tear off easily and consumed it on the go without stopping.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
I wonder how many here have issue tearing off the gel packets? I find SIS and most brands I tried like KODA, high 5, they don't tear off easily. Especially if worst when I have sweaty palms.
The Maction(迈胜)brand is the first time I was able to tear off easily and consumed it on the go without stopping.
I take high 5, secret and amino vital
 

xllms

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
9,230
Reaction score
5,129
Can try 250ml red bull can for HM since you doing that distance. 45g of carbs 80mg caffeine.
But still, actually need to wash down with like at least 50ml of extra water at the end. heh.....
Shd not be too much weight of significance to carry till around 10-12km before consumption.
i was a frequent red bull drinker in my teens and uni period, as coffee had no effect on me. Now i am avoiding it totally due to the side effects.
 

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
1,097
I wonder how many here have issue tearing off the gel packets? I find SIS and most brands I tried like KODA, high 5, they don't tear off easily. Especially worst when I have sweaty palms.
The Maction(迈胜)brand is the first time I was able to tear off easily and consumed it on the go without stopping.
Need to use mouth to tear haha. But sometimes I tear liao never fully opened then need squeezing it
 

xllms

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
9,230
Reaction score
5,129
Cheap daily trainer. Currently china brand most talked about "万金油" shoes is the Li Ning Red Hare 8 Pro and this QD Strong Wind 3TR. And they are cheap, I ordered my QD Strong Wind 3TR for less that 200 yuan GST included and shipped.
Finally China branded shoes can start releasing decent daily trainers. It will be goodbye to western brand soon., I have no western branded shoes on my radar. Except for the Nike VPfly 4 and only if they appear in the outlet at less than $150.


just placed an order to try
RMB170.10 (price equivalent to 2 bowls of ramen) 😜
 

kkkkdllmkkkk

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2021
Messages
371
Reaction score
224
Ok Kallang Wave Mall pangu running selling Bmai jingtan 3 turbo and jingtan fly at $149 each. Jingtan mix 2 at $99. Got 10% discount for store opening promo.

Vest and 2-in-1 shorts at $39 each. No discount
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,343
Reaction score
7,973
Ok Kallang Wave Mall pangu running selling Bmai jingtan 3 turbo and jingtan fly at $149 each. Jingtan mix 2 at $99. Got 10% discount for store opening promo.

Vest and 2-in-1 shorts at $39 each. No discount
Price not bad for the Turbo. Considering that you can to try for size and no need wait for shipment.
 
Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,275
Reaction score
11,572
Price not bad for the Turbo. Considering that you can to try for size and no need to wait for shipment.

Ang moh big brand $149 b4 discount nowadays can buy what shoe? Even those ASCIS EVA stuff like Contend i think also difficult, unless past season.

Some men/women eat mid-tier Jap Sushi / Sashimi 1 meal already more than that.

I patiently await the day when 1 single high-end bicycle tire @ retail store costs more than that. 🤣
 
Last edited:

basic___

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
6,866
Reaction score
657
Ang moh big brand $149 b4 discount nowadays can buy what shoe? Even those ASCIS EVA stuff like Contend i think also difficult, unless past season.

Some men/women eat mid-tier Jap Sushi / Sashimi 1 meal already more than that.

I patiently await the day when 1 single high-end bicycle tire @ retail store costs more than that. 🤣
I think the only daily trainer that you can find with 150bucks without major discount is the Adidas SL2
 

basic___

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
6,866
Reaction score
657
Ok Kallang Wave Mall pangu running selling Bmai jingtan 3 turbo and jingtan fly at $149 each. Jingtan mix 2 at $99. Got 10% discount for store opening promo.

Vest and 2-in-1 shorts at $39 each. No discount
Pretty good pricing actually.. almost as same as buying from Taobao w tax and shipping.
 

kkkkdllmkkkk

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2021
Messages
371
Reaction score
224
Ok putting things into perspective, price at Taobao Bmai flagship store jingtan 3 turbo rmb 649 and jingtan fly rmb 399, jingtan mix 2 rmb 399

Of cos most worth it is jingtan 3 turbo
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
1,794
How are pure gels? Wanted to try amino saurus but the flavours limited for the caffeine ones haha.
Taste wise more natural flavours. For me easy to go down without needing water. I haven’t tried without caffeine. With caffeine , gives me some boost for my runs without the crash
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,554
Reaction score
8,988
Ok Kallang Wave Mall pangu running selling Bmai jingtan 3 turbo and jingtan fly at $149 each. Jingtan mix 2 at $99. Got 10% discount for store opening promo.

Vest and 2-in-1 shorts at $39 each. No discount
Buy buy buy Jingtan 3 turbo if you guys like soft and bouncy.

Yesterday tried my second pair that just arrived. Insert in Mizuno Sky Wave 8 insole.

Cheat code running man.
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,554
Reaction score
8,988
I wonder how many here have issue tearing off the gel packets? I find SIS and most brands I tried like KODA, high 5, they don't tear off easily. Especially worst when I have sweaty palms.
The Maction(迈胜)brand is the first time I was able to tear off easily and consumed it on the go without stopping.
I bring 100+ or Pocari isotonic powder for runs.

Before heading out, I will use scissors cut further into the perforated tear part. Very easy to tear open.

Before that, even use mouth tear is difficult. 😄

For gels, should be okay to cut as long as no zhup?
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,343
Reaction score
7,973
I bring 100+ or Pocari isotonic powder for runs.

Before heading out, I will use scissors cut further into the perforated tear part. Very easy to tear open.

Before that, even use mouth tear is difficult. 😄

For gels, should be okay to cut as long as no zhup?
Next time I try your method of using the scissors to pre cut for my remaining SIS isogel.

Speaking of pocari, for experiment, I just placed an order two X 80 packets of electrolytes on PDD platform. China branded. Recommendation is 1 packet for 500ml of water. Less than 50 yuan for 160 packets. very cheap.
https://mobile.yangkeduo.com/goods1.html?ps=m8oO2uGUhv
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top