jogging and motivation thread

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,293
Reaction score
11,578
If cycling on the road and then come across such a scenario die liao.
If check your six and see this coming, better faster ditch bike and run for cover at the side. Or if got traffic crossing, just gun it up the pavement.

Actually it's not that much different for Hellobikes, pedestrians, runners, just watch the video.
Those 2 Hellobikes (1:25) got worse situation awareness than kindergarten kids. Sirens already there, sigh.


Extremely rare, but if one is totally oblivious to their surroundings.....



 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,293
Reaction score
11,578
Actually it is true.

Next time if you are unmotivated and dont feel like going out for your session, just think of those who are really sick, dying or phyiscally unable to workout due to disabilities, people who would pay anything just to workout again.
That is your privilege so get off your ass and do it.



As above.
Get off the arse and go do something if still unmotivated.
But srsly i think for her she just might still be able to bike or racewalk and do some banded strength stuff. (got triathlete with no 4 limbs also finished race). She is doing some sports like dragonboat/wheelchair rugby.

I got my first "personal" encounter on this when my mother told me this after being diagnosed with stage 3.
She 15-20k steps daily one, plus strength and balance banded stuff that i started for her early last year.
After diagnosis, she said she really envy those that she sees at the fitness stations.

Now op recovery, see next year after Raya or something when we start. Hope no need radio or immuno/chemotherapy (still waiting for biopsy results)

 
Last edited:

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,792
Reaction score
1,798
As above.
Get off the arse and go do something if still unmotivated.
But srsly i think for her she just might still be able to bike or racewalk and do some banded strength stuff. (got triathlete with no 4 limbs also finished race). She is doing some sports like dragonboat/wheelchair rugby.

I got my first "personal" encounter on this when my mother told me this after being diagnosed with stage 3.
She 15-20k steps daily one, plus strength and balance banded stuff that i started for her early last year.
After diagnosis, she said she really envy those that she sees at the fitness stations.

Now op recovery, see next year after Raya or something when we start. Hope no need radio or immuno/chemotherapy (still waiting for biopsy results)


Hope she goes into remission.
 

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
9,717
Reaction score
1,060

bbbbbw

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
348
Better to go for OT because your injured part(cast or splint) is inactive for a long time.

During army time I had operation and cast. After cast removed, the hand become like frozen.

OT will train you to reactivate and strengthen the injured part.

Also if your work and daily life require specific movement, OT will teach you how to better regain those activities.

I had a cast for 5 weeks for my left wrist and then changed to splint (another 5 weeks till doc follow up).

So I take off my splint every night to wash my hand and rotate my wrist which the OT suggested
 

bbbbbw

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
348
If dont wanna waste too much money Just go for like 3 sessions to have an idea and ask (indirect) questions on what are they trying to do and achieve. Unfortunately, some of the older more lao jiao esp private ones do not like to do that, conflict of interest, and they know what you are trying to squeeze out. Your leg's tan lines might already be a give away even if you do not explicitly tell them what happened.

Usually, it is pretty easy one, in fact too easy for quite a few of us and we have been doing way tougher/advanced/broader stuff.

oh I wore the cast for 5 weeks and after ct scan shows the bone in my wrist joining back, doc allow me to wear splint for another 5 weeks till the next follow up with doc in Jan.

I have feeling doc will remove the splint based on the xray result so I don’t want to waste time to see the OT when I can rotate my wrist without pain and splint removed

furthermore see OT no Mc . If doc close my case in Jan I don’t want to take leave just to see OT
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,555
Reaction score
8,990
I had a cast for 5 weeks for my left wrist and then changed to splint (another 5 weeks till doc follow up).

So I take off my splint every night to wash my hand and rotate my wrist which the OT suggested
Better go for the first few sessions ba. At least until doc appointment.

Later when your injury improved significantly or you find the OT is not teaching anymore useful exercises, then can skip.

Just tell doc you already did the prior exercises. :D
 

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,789
Reaction score
12,244
oh I wore the cast for 5 weeks and after ct scan shows the bone in my wrist joining back, doc allow me to wear splint for another 5 weeks till the next follow up with doc in Jan.

I have feeling doc will remove the splint based on the xray result so I don’t want to waste time to see the OT when I can rotate my wrist without pain and splint removed

furthermore see OT no Mc . If doc close my case in Jan I don’t want to take leave just to see OT
I would adopt a wait, see and self recovery approach.

Don't want to waste money and time with OT.

Seek AI for advice. It's free.

Just me.
 

kaisin82

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
496
Happy new year 2026 .

Did a long run just now after checking wed 4d result! Wanted to do a 30km but in the end. Only 27km. But at least it was 1km more than my previous 26km done 2 weeks ago. I believe I didnt eat enough before that and also didn't consume any gel during the run. Just depend on plain water at 11km, 21km and 25km.

Despite out of 6 weeks due to injury . I still managed to clock almost 1500km in 2025. More than what I ran in 2024. I hope this year I can hit 2000km. Stay injury free and do a full marathon.

[url=https://ibb.co/SXSJbXFn] [/URL]
this is a nice pace! We live pretty close to each other!
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,293
Reaction score
11,578
79rmb all in, with 20rmb shipping voucher.
回力 brand

Think gonna get another pair. Just managed to get another voucher just now.
Quality better than Buy-And-Throw-Away IMO

awxfqzN.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top