jogging and motivation thread

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,494
Reaction score
11,661
Upcoming paid runs if interested... Longest is half marathon nia

5th April - 2XU compression run
https://2xurun.com/

19th April - Income eco run
https://www.income.com.sg/ecorun

Both dates crashed on my working weekend. 😂
The race entry price for income eco run is quite reasonable. $32

Damn sian, no cheap 10k.

Dont blame me, even my T100 is 4k and 6k run legs nia. 10k is more than long enough and is my marathon. 🤣

With that said, 3 more months to go before we'll see if this year MINDEF/SAF is lazy again or not.
This year no more 60th birthday hor, no excuses.
 

winningeleven

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
10,910
Reaction score
3,993
Bad luck—after finally recovering from my knee injury and returning to brisk walking, I’ve now developed runner’s toe. :ROFLMAO:




I don’t understand— I’ve worn the same shoes for years, so why has runner’s toe developed only now?
Maybe it is caused by brisk walking ?
 

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
17,681
Reaction score
5,747
Can knee arthritis cause foot pain?
Yes. Arthritis in the knee can change your gait and put extra pressure on your feet, leading to pain in the heels, arches, or toes.


I wols

I didn't realize due to my knee injury, which placed additional strain on my feet and led to "runner's toe."



A knee injury creates a "domino effect" in the kinetic chain, where the body compensates for pain by altering its gait, leading to secondary, overcompensation injuries like "runner's toe". When the knee is compromised, you may subconsciously change how you walk, take shorter steps, or shift your weight, resulting in increased pressure on the foot and toes.
How a Knee Injury Leads to Runner's Toe
  • Altered Gait & Pressure: To protect an injured knee, you might change your stride, placing more pressure on the forefoot.
  • Toe Jamming: A change in gait can cause your toes to repeatedly strike the front or side of your running shoe, creating a "black toenail" or subungual hematoma.
  • Compensation Strain: The foot and ankle often work "overtime" to compensate for weak or injured muscles in the knee, adding extra strain.
  • Specific Risk Factors: If the knee injury causes you to run more on your toes, or if you continue running with an inefficient gait, the repetitive force on the nailbed leads to runner's toe.

:s13:
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,581
Reaction score
9,008
Thanks for sharing the impressions! You bought at RMB1299?
Ya I bought for 1299. They were running a promo giving another pair of shoes as free gift.

I asked the seller if there are other options for gifts. They said rebate RMB200 so went for it. :s13:

After rebate, total price becomes $1099.

I did saw other sellers selling for $10xx. But these are newer sellers so don't dare to buy.
 

hydeyoshi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
5,749
Reaction score
145
My LiNing Feidian 6 elite arrived today. :D

Immediately took for a run.

Supposed to do strides because of plantar pain. Target 4.50 to 5 min pace.

But this thing is too bouncy, too fast! Like stepping on a trampoline and balance ball combined.

Got carried away, end up run sprints instead. (3.45 to 4.30)

Only 1 rep ran 5min pace and felt perfect form.

Cadence increased naturally, just wanna go fast.

Stability might be a concern but I actually prefer "unstable" ride. Too much built-in support would give me tight IT band Instead.

The trampoline effect is felt more in the heel. Forefoot lesser which I suppose is good to feel every step-off.

Cushioning is not as soft as Qiaodan Plaid 1 and 1.5.

It's like the part touching your foot is not as soft. But the midsole further below is very bouncy.

First impressions for now.

I bought off Taobao from VIVI Running World instead of official store.

Because they are giving a pair of free shoes with the purchase. If you don't want the free gift, they will give a refund of RMB200 instead.

Just need to share a photo review after the product is received. :)

【淘宝】大促价保 https://e.tb.cn/h.7nAFSwyYx1IMZ9s?tk=OzPIU5LE16J MF937 「李宁 飞电6 ELITE男女跑步鞋超䨻胶囊竞速碳板6E新款马拉松比赛」
点击链接直接打开 或者 淘宝搜索直接打开
Nice.. hope you are enjoying the shoes..

After running about 50km in this shoes.. other shoes I have feel dull and lacking of the fun factor..

Maybe need to buy the red hare 9u.. 🤣
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,581
Reaction score
9,008
Nice.. hope you are enjoying the shoes..

After running about 50km in this shoes.. other shoes I have feel dull and lacking of the fun factor..

Maybe need to buy the red hare 9u.. 🤣
Indeed very fun to run in, especially fast pace. Then the bounce bounce feeling. 🥰

Gonna try more runs to see if I can adapt it to my slow runs. If can, will get another 2-3 colourway when on sale.

Also keen on the red hare 9u. Like @WussRedXLi, anything that's soft and bouncy, I like. :s13:
 

hydeyoshi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
5,749
Reaction score
145
Indeed very fun to run in, especially fast pace. Then the bounce bounce feeling. 🥰

Gonna try more runs to see if I can adapt it to my slow runs. If can, will get another 2-3 colourway when on sale.

Also keen on the red hare 9u. Like @WussRedXLi, anything that's soft and bouncy, I like. :s13:
Probably will buy red hare 9u when it's on discount then I will throw away all my other shoes.. 🤣

The bounciness is really another level..

I tried various paces..

Personally I feel need to run below 5mins pace to really enjoy it..

Gonna to take this shoes for a parkrun and see can pb ornt..
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,581
Reaction score
9,008
Probably will buy red hare 9u when it's on discount then I will throw away all my other shoes.. 🤣

The bounciness is really another level..

I tried various paces..

Personally I feel need to run below 5mins pace to really enjoy it..

Gonna to take this shoes for a parkrun and see can pb ornt..
Same thinking haha. Need control urge to buy other shoes. Budget this year for Li Ning.
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,354
Reaction score
7,992
Ya hope will have discounts later. As long as the bouncy durability holds up, I think this shoe is really different.

Only concern is the stability. I tried doing single leg deadlift while wearing the shoes. Felt like doing on balance ball. Increased difficulty. :s13:

Oh ya, the sock-like upper is not as tight as Plaid 2 or 1.5 which holds the foot securely.

I bought true to size, 44. The upper felt somewhat loose when walking, running and changing direction.

People who prefer a tight sock fit could try going 1/2 size down.

Risk is a narrower arch which might cause abrasion.
Thanks for the fitting feedback. I find my FeiDian challenger 4 and 5 are quite roomy compare to the same sizing for QD PB4 at eu46/12. I say the eu46/us12 of the FD challenger 4 and 5 matched very closely to New Balance rebel v3 sizing US12. While the QD PB4 are one size smaller, more like the us11 of a New Balance.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top