jogging and motivation thread

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,342
Reaction score
7,969
I probably wouldn't run local marathon, prefer to run overseas even if it's more expensive
Going by last year route, future route may eliminate the sheare bridge. Weather wise, last two years was rather good as long you are not at WCH around 9am which I believe you already finish .
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,342
Reaction score
7,969
One shouldn't race when having measles. joke aside, those round patch are the thing in Japan now. To me it's pseudo science. If you guys remembered before Covid, Phiten was known to sell pseudo science products like the Grounding Bracelet or is it necklace that studies (funded by themselves) shown to improve performance.



l
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,342
Reaction score
7,969
I leave this here, how exercise is the best way to fight fatty liver and attained metabolic flexibility. it's all about giving the stimulus for the mitochondrial cells to increase in quantity, density, efficacy and efficiency. Eating the right way doesn't do that but it helps when complement with exercise as fueling the right way.


https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1DTpmrZk1c/
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,258
Reaction score
11,570
Some siaolang spotted.
Pull up standard for uni.

Even though i had been training for like 1.5 years, i barely hit 10 or 11 pull ups and that is if i dont fully straighten my arms and kip a little and chin just touching bar with the head aimed 45 deg up which the hardcore folks consider as cheating coz that very last part also not easy. (btw, partial reps has its specific uses)
That is why really need to train with scapular pull ups the retraction part, this bottom-most part is actually the most difficult part of the rep, and if normal training never get past this part or have training then there is really no way, simply coz our rhomboids/trapizieus as stabilizers are usually pretty under-developed.
Regardless, if you are also really into dips, good to train rhombooids/trapezius also for increased safety/injury prevention coz it increases scapular stability.


R479JDz.jpg


 
Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,258
Reaction score
11,570
One shouldn't race when having measles. joke aside, those round patch are the thing in Japan now. To me it's pseudo science. If you guys remembered before Covid, Phiten was known to sell pseudo science products like the Grounding Bracelet or is it necklace that studies (funded by themselves) shown to improve performance.



l


I also saw vids of the patches on the jap runner yesterday, also recent phenomenon that some other runners use recently. Also not sure what is it.
Initially i thought is some cupping therapy that some use for muscle recovery, but nope.......too small and too dark.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,258
Reaction score
11,570
His max capacity is 13.15 5k now. He is still more of a 1.5k runner. Most likely he will compete in 1.5k going forward.

16 year old kia nia, enjoy maximising potential and records first with his fast twitch ba...... next time as he grows then go longer and run slower no loss one.
 
Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,258
Reaction score
11,570
His max capacity is 13.15 5k now. He is still more of a 1.5k runner. Most likely he will compete in 1.5k going forward.

His whole family lagi talented one.
14 yr old young girl already faster than me, been only running for 1 year nia. 🤣
That means she sec 2 first year runner also faster than our Pocari sweat 2.4 standard

She also wants to be better than Sam. This kind of winner mindset in sports is very very important
Possibly as important as the physical training.
"I want to be better than everybody". (can achieve or not another story ba lol 🤣 )




 
Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,258
Reaction score
11,570
For me, my current level is still at the "how to prevent tendon injury with one arm deadhang" level. 🤣 🤣

ps. 2 finger pull ups also terok for me

 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,258
Reaction score
11,570
@sales69

Ha...... think no need to think for our age already. So much anecdotal evidence from so many sources. Hit it hard with 2 (or even 1) working set and then be done with it as we are not bodybuilders or what....time-efficient 够了, go enjoy your life or endurance sports.



Pdmly8H.jpg
 
Last edited:

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,945
Reaction score
17,183
Why not? I think my virgin marathon experience last year was pretty ok.
I want to see how I perform overseas first and then decide whether to run in sg
Going by last year route, future route may eliminate the sheare bridge. Weather wise, last two years was rather good as long you are not at WCH around 9am which I believe you already finish .
It will be better than previous years but with my lack of experience in marathon, I think starting my first marathon abroad is a better choice. GCM has pacers for my projected marathon goal, while for SCMS, the fastest pacer is currently 3.45.

The cooler weather will allow me to hit my goal timing also 😂

I was running at goal marathon pace for 13km and averaged 162 bpm on Monday 😅
 

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,945
Reaction score
17,183
His whole family lagi talented one.
14 yr old young girl already faster than me, been only running for 1 year nia. 🤣
That means she sec 2 first year runner also faster than our Pocari sweat 2.4 standard

She also wants to be better than Sam. This kind of winner mindset in sports is very very important
Possibly as important as the physical training.
"I want to be better than everybody". (can achieve or not another story ba lol 🤣 )





More of 800/1500 runner now but can easily achieve sub-8 min 2.4km without much difficulty
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,552
Reaction score
8,986
@sales69

Ha...... think no need to think for our age already. So much anecdotal evidence from so many sources. Hit it hard with 2 (or even 1) working set and then be done with it as we are not bodybuilders or what....time-efficient 够了, go enjoy your life or endurance sports.



Pdmly8H.jpg
Yes sometimes do weights + Indian club exercises(I use cooking pan).

Next day feel more tired than sore. Don't feel like running. Only 46. Lao liao. :(
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,258
Reaction score
11,570
Came across this short.
KNN the part timer ah neh heng the runners got no names like Cheptegi or Jacob or even Ruthe. Why Pocari Sweat suddenly so low budget?

 

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
1,094
I want to see how I perform overseas first and then decide whether to run in sg

It will be better than previous years but with my lack of experience in marathon, I think starting my first marathon abroad is a better choice. GCM has pacers for my projected marathon goal, while for SCMS, the fastest pacer is currently 3.45.

The cooler weather will allow me to hit my goal timing also 😂

I was running at goal marathon pace for 13km and averaged 162 bpm on Monday 😅
Never followed pacer before. Think need go overseas to follow the faster ones.
 

winningeleven

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
10,904
Reaction score
3,983
[url=https://ibb.co/99QjSXwX] [/URL]

My 1st run this morning after returning from Tokyo on Monday.. did my virgin treadmill run 10km 9 days ago on the fitness room at my hotel ...so a gap of 9 days of no running . I knew my fitness confirmed drop

I thought my effort should be 5:35mins/km when I began my initial run. But my Garmin alerted me as 5:45mins/km for the 1st 3km. Ended up I speed up after that and really exhausted after 10km. Squeezed 1 more 1km to make it 11km to feel better.

Very slack for this month . Only completed a single 21km on the begining of the month nia..
 

GlassDoor

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2021
Messages
702
Reaction score
1,233
[url=https://ibb.co/99QjSXwX] [/URL]

My 1st run this morning after returning from Tokyo on Monday.. did my virgin treadmill run 10km 9 days ago on the fitness room at my hotel ...so a gap of 9 days of no running . I knew my fitness confirmed drop

I thought my effort should be 5:35mins/km when I began my initial run. But my Garmin alerted me as 5:45mins/km for the 1st 3km. Ended up I speed up after that and really exhausted after 10km. Squeezed 1 more 1km to make it 11km to feel better.

Very slack for this month . Only completed a single 21km on the begining of the month nia..
my own experience is that fitness don't really drop that much over a span of 2-3 weeks. I had taken 2-3 weeks breaks from running before due to either prolong business travel or family holidays. Legs may feel slightly sore and breathing rhythm may also be out of wack for the first few runs. HR will also be elevated. After two weeks should be back to normal. And the plus side is that the body had plenty of rest and carbs, so it recovers really fast as well. After a month normally I would have better myself even before the break 💪
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top