jogging and motivation thread

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,218
Reaction score
11,563
Hope the haze did not last thru out the week. Last week is almost perfect

I think all my stuff will get cancelled as well.....i better not put too much hope, what to do....just solo and then wear KF94 do easy if really bad conditions, but low chance of that tho.
They are very strict. Even a hint of band 2 also will cancel, either that or 24hr PSI (ie it could be band 1 and low PM2.5 levels even, but still cancel).
Then next Sat got a major group event also.

Everything still being blown towards us. Yeah we can have showers here and there clear the air then, but it's not gonna help in the grand scheme of things.

jEVrsxw.jpg


t2p2egi.jpg
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,569
Reaction score
8,992
@GlassDoor
Got new colorway in my size and it's cheaper on TB, even with air freight. Now crossing my fingers it gets on the plane before 1st October, else going to be a long delay.
Screenshot_2026-09-26-00-38-04-523_com.taobao.taobao-edit.thumb.jpg.caabb80c207e1c0dfd6552272439430d.jpg
Nice. Want to buy but for some reason 45 is always out of stock.

For Miro SL 1.5, I sized up from usual 44 to 45. Turns out a good decision otherwise the waist part would be too narrow.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,218
Reaction score
11,563
I'm at KL for the weekend. The air here better than in Singapore. :s13:

Hopefully can last till klscm finish at least

Just in........ started about 1-3 hours ago depending on which part of kalimantan you are looking at.

Will be subdued for the next few day or two at least.....maybe even more.

This adds to the favourable wind directions.


b8tP9z2.jpg
 

winningeleven

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
10,918
Reaction score
3,989

Yesterday I did a 10km and really feel like dying.. probably it was the weather ..it felt like 33 to 34 Deg. After 5 km onwards. My HR was elevated about 175 for most of the time. When I finished the 10km . I wanted to collapse on the floor already .

But for today . I see the weather so good so song so cooling . Although I didn't sign up for the half marathon decathlon . I did a HM just now anyway . Definitely a much better weather to run just now !
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,782
Reaction score
1,790
U paid the price to race 21.1km and ended up got a PB that went below 40 mins for 10km ! Still Very worth it .

If U attempted 21.1km just now . Your Sub 40 mins 10km target still have to wait
Swee lah....great, at least managed to squeeze out something positive from this episode!

Kuching cancelled tho.......i really dont know for what reason whatsoever.

But how come the title so funny one, 10KM HAZE.
Congrats bro. Welcome to the Sub 40 club haha
Thanks! @Tudo88 Wanted to join the sub 1:30 half club but will settle for this haha. :)
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,218
Reaction score
11,563
Yesterday I did a 10km and really feel like dying.. probably it was the weather ..it felt like 33 to 34 Deg. After 5 km onwards. My HR was elevated about 175 for most of the time. When I finished the 10km . I wanted to collapse on the floor already .

But for today . I see the weather so good so song so cooling . Although I didn't sign up for the half marathon decathlon . I did a HM just now anyway . Definitely a much better weather to run just now !

Saturday 7 plus pm vs yesterday of coz day and night difference.


But bro, next time......touching my heart when saying this......please dont do things like this, for both your own sake and your family's.
It's more like risky and damaging rather than healthy or improving your fitness.


Hot temps (think it reached 41 deg C heat index earlier in the afternoon) and hazy weather, 10km @ 5:26 161bpm probably just somewhat sub-threshold at your just under age 50.

Though the airgradient stations are a bit over-reading, still there is absolutely no way the real time PSI levels then were under 100, most probably not under PSI 130 neither.
AQI 195 is like PSI 190 after conversion, coz AQI 200 = PSI 200 and AQI 150 = PS 100.
And anyway, Central region NEA 1hr did peak like AQI 190+ after conversion as well, so the airgradient stations aint tooooo far off or totally cannot be trusted.

Tho i think generally the haze season is looking much better now.

bO8Np4U.jpg
 
Last edited:

winningeleven

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
10,918
Reaction score
3,989
Saturday 7 plus pm vs yesterday of coz day and night difference.


But bro, next time......touching my heart when saying this......please dont do things like this, for both your own sake and your family's.
It's more like risky and damaging rather than healthy or improving your fitness.


Hot temps (think it reached 41 deg C heat index earlier in the afternoon) and hazy weather, 10km @ 5:26 161bpm probably just somewhat sub-threshold at your just under age 50.

Though the airgradient stations are a bit over-reading, still there is absolutely no way the real time PSI levels then were under 100, most probably not under PSI 130 neither.
AQI 195 is like PSI 190 after conversion, coz AQI 200 = PSI 200 and AQI 150 = PS 100.
And anyway, Central region NEA 1hr did peak like AQI 190+ after conversion as well, so the airgradient stations aint tooooo far off or totally cannot be trusted.

Tho i think generally the haze season is looking much better now.

bO8Np4U.jpg
Yeah. When I ran at Saturday. I didn't smell of the haze . That why I didn't feel I need to stop at 5km despite feeling not so great .

My last run before that was on 23 sept and ran 12km at a very relaxed pace . After rested on 24 and 25 sept without any run .All I wanted was to make my running exercise worthwhile on Saturday.
 

Shawny88

Master Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2016
Messages
4,091
Reaction score
1,054
Hey guys, looking for a new pair of casual running shoes. What are the popular China brands and models currently? Budget is not more than $100.
TIA!
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,345
Reaction score
7,965
got any nice chinese recovery shoes to recommend? cheap and good?


Recovery shoes for beat up legs that are still sore from yesterday long run or some back to back mid distance run?
So far only in my arsenal is the Qiaodan 强风3TR. Very soft midsole that sinks in and absorbs shock, gentle on sore legs. Before that it was my Asics Novablast 2.
I would think those Y-sandals like the 母子鳄鱼 makes good recovery footwear and can run, coz they seem to be the same rubber compound as Croc.
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,345
Reaction score
7,965
Nice. Want to buy but for some reason 45 is always out of stock.

For Miro SL 1.5, I sized up from usual 44 to 45. Turns out a good decision otherwise the waist part would be too narrow.
I totally skipped the LEili hype. Don't like the clunky look, machiam like the Hoka Clifton
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,569
Reaction score
8,992
I totally skipped the LEili hype. Don't like the clunky look, machiam like the Hoka Clifton
Same here. I'm prioritizing ground feel, lower stack, crisp responsive bounce now. Some softness is a bonus.

Getting back the running feeling after months of fiddling around. Cadence improved from 172spm to 177~180spm. The ground feel helps a lot.

But recently stopped running for a week. First run after that went back to old ways again, 174spm.

Second run 176spm. Still a work in progress.

Sidenote: watched a Chinese reviewer CarlosMa said Leili2 GT is suitable for slow runs. And the forefoot can be compressed during running for ground feel. So tempted again. :s13:
 

xllms

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
9,232
Reaction score
5,121
Recovery shoes for beat up legs that are still sore from yesterday long run or some back to back mid distance run?
So far only in my arsenal is the Qiaodan 强风3TR. Very soft midsole that sinks in and absorbs shock, gentle on sore legs. Before that it was my Asics Novablast 2.
I would think those Y-sandals like the 母子鳄鱼 makes good recovery footwear and can run, coz they seem to be the same rubber compound as Croc.
yah, 强风3TR (RMB160) can be a good option, so is the Novablast 5. I also like to use my BMAI 惊碳3.0 Turbo (RMb565) for recovery slow pace due to lightness, most natural feel with not aggressive carbon plated design. It's controversial but it works for me and feels good on my feet.
Nowadays I also use my 小鲶 (RMB499) & 9Ultra (<RMB400) for slow runs (7-8min/km pace)
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top