KSL Mall (Johor)

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
There is no fixed route so long as the services serves the 3 destinations. Even Service 170 has no fixed route to go to Larkin, so long as it avoids jammed stretches.
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Shopping Bus S1 changed route once again, tis time to and fro oso change, no more U-turn at POS Office when leaving JB Sentral, now turn left go round the CIQ and rejoin main rd before Pelangi Plaza.

return leg oso some minor adjustment, similar to original route when it jus introduced, can see Pacific mall again. :s13:

Always change, been on that bus on few occasion with that route, then again, on other occasions, change back to original route..... so.. no fixed route so long as the 3 malls are served. By the way, I hardly go KSL but Denga city mall instead for UO grocery shopping. However, I no longer take S1 bus as I prefer to walk instead of wait for the bus. Only 1 bus going round and its about every hour trip..... So good luck to you if you miss the bus... like my last experience both to and return.... waited almost 1hr both way..
 

holidayforever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
19,412
Reaction score
511
For RM1.50, mai hiam buay pai, as long as the bus bring me from point A to B safely, i am ok
 

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
21,692
Reaction score
3
Always change, been on that bus on few occasion with that route, then again, on other occasions, change back to original route..... so.. no fixed route so long as the 3 malls are served. By the way, I hardly go KSL but Denga city mall instead for UO grocery shopping. However, I no longer take S1 bus as I prefer to walk instead of wait for the bus. Only 1 bus going round and its about every hour trip..... So good luck to you if you miss the bus... like my last experience both to and return.... waited almost 1hr both way..

fro, sometimes the driver skip DCM nvr go in the slip road, dats why u wait one hr :s13:

yeah, to DCM quite troublesome, 1st wait at custom for it to move off, den reach KSL wait again for it to move off. and no matter wat route they use oso jam lol

easy to walk to DCM ornot?

BTW Holiday Plaza look like gonna renovate liao, start to put up scafolding.
 

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
33,798
Reaction score
5,007
fro, sometimes the driver skip DCM nvr go in the slip road, dats why u wait one hr :s13:

yeah, to DCM quite troublesome, 1st wait at custom for it to move off, den reach KSL wait again for it to move off. and no matter wat route they use oso jam lol

easy to walk to DCM ornot?

BTW Holiday Plaza look like gonna renovate liao, start to put up scafolding.

abit of long walk, u have to walk to landmark mall than walk straight to the overhead bridge (cross it) than walk straight against the flow of traffic, 10 mins later u will reach DCM. total walk duration about 25mins ~ 35mins
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
fro, sometimes the driver skip DCM nvr go in the slip road, dats why u wait one hr :s13:

yeah, to DCM quite troublesome, 1st wait at custom for it to move off, den reach KSL wait again for it to move off. and no matter wat route they use oso jam lol

easy to walk to DCM ornot?

BTW Holiday Plaza look like gonna renovate liao, start to put up scafolding.

What is DCM?

Oh great to hear that Holiday plz is doing renovation. I find nothing to shop there, mostly imitations, salons and DVD shops. They better do something or else will lose out to KSL Mall.
 

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
33,798
Reaction score
5,007
What is DCM?

Oh great to hear that Holiday plz is doing renovation. I find nothing to shop there, mostly imitations, salons and DVD shops. They better do something or else will lose out to KSL Mall.

danga city mall
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
fro, sometimes the driver skip DCM nvr go in the slip road, dats why u wait one hr :s13:

yeah, to DCM quite troublesome, 1st wait at custom for it to move off, den reach KSL wait again for it to move off. and no matter wat route they use oso jam lol

easy to walk to DCM ornot?

BTW Holiday Plaza look like gonna renovate liao, start to put up scafolding.

is it? Don't think so, the S1 bus will take some 35-40 min to reach DCM. Take its time to KSL, then wait for about 5min before moving off. In fact, whether going there or return, I see the same driver through out. I had even waited at JB Sentral for about the same time for S1 bus. Typical trip is something like :

wait for bus at Sentral 10am... bus ready to move out but will wait till 10.05-10.10am.
Reach KSL, wait 5min or driver go toilet stops, anything between 5-10min.
Move off from KSL to DCM. Usually driver will know where you want to go. Tell him when you board the bus, otherwise, he/she will ask you to alight at KSL.
Then return back to Sentral, all in all, about 1 hour. So if you miss the bus, just too bad.

Walking to DCM, you should read from the other JB thread, people posted there about walking to DCM. 2 weeks back, my colleagues and I walked all the way there, ~25min or less depending on your pace. can you walk? I have no problem should I miss the KSL bus. no point waiting when walking is even more faster.
 
Last edited:

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
21,692
Reaction score
3
is it? Don't think so, the S1 bus will take some 35-40 min to reach DCM. Take its time to KSL, then wait for about 5min before moving off. In fact, whether going there or return, I see the same driver through out. I had even waited at JB Sentral for about the same time for S1 bus. Typical trip is something like :

wait for bus at Sentral 10am... bus ready to move out but will wait till 10.05-10.10am.
Reach KSL, wait 5min or driver go toilet stops, anything between 5-10min.
Move off from KSL to DCM. Usually driver will know where you want to go. Tell him when you board the bus, otherwise, he/she will ask you to alight at KSL.
Then return back to Sentral, all in all, about 1 hour. So if you miss the bus, just too bad.

Walking to DCM, you should read from the other JB thread, people posted there about walking to DCM. 2 weeks back, my colleagues and I walked all the way there, ~25min or less depending on your pace. can you walk? I have no problem should I miss the KSL bus. no point waiting when walking is even more faster.

I always see two, one smaller abang with moustache, one abang with cap.

cos sometime I go KSL at end of my trip, so bascially buy and fug off. I would alight from one driver, go TESCO, slowly buy, den go back wait for bus, usually nxt bus oreidi waiting there, but waiting for it to go off is long. My timing is usually always mid to late afternoon
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,148
Reaction score
13,170
fro, sometimes the driver skip DCM nvr go in the slip road, dats why u wait one hr :s13:
Yup, noticed quite a few times that the S1 driver didn't go into the slip road of DCM. Once, even let me alight at the roadside when I approached him right after I saw him siam-ing that slip road. Best to check with him before boarding at KSL, and don't sit too far from him in case he forgets.:s13:

So s1 is still the bus to ksl based on hourly basis
If you noticed the time-table at the CW counter at KSL, the frequency is actually 20 minutes. The next departure time from KSL is quite accurate, from my experience, although the arrival time is :s22: . =:p

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, I hop on whichever bus leaves JBS, not just S1, so maybe that's why I've never had the "wait for an hour" experience. My latest 2 rides in the non-S1 bus - can't remember the bus number - was a lady driver who willingly stopped anywhere between the bus bay and exit of the station, when she saw people with "I want to go to KSL written on their forehead." Seriously, that's what I thought - when she stopped, once for me and further on for a group of people, her guess of "going to KSL?" hit the target. :s13:

From KSL, I normally just hop into a cab if I feel the wait is going to be long, if it's after dinnertime. :o
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
I always see two, one smaller abang with moustache, one abang with cap.

cos sometime I go KSL at end of my trip, so bascially buy and fug off. I would alight from one driver, go TESCO, slowly buy, den go back wait for bus, usually nxt bus oreidi waiting there, but waiting for it to go off is long. My timing is usually always mid to late afternoon

The 2 drivers rotate amount themselves? I see 2 of them, one an indian lady. My waiting time at DCM is same as yours. From KSl to DCM is about less than 10min... but if I miss the time like what it happen in early Oct, I was there after 45 pass the hour (12.45pm), waited for nearly 1 hr about till next bus came at about the same time the next hour (1.40pm).

Initially, when I started using the S1 bus, there were 2 buses moving around and I noticed the drivers sometime change over at KSL. Sometimes, one driver get down and the other return to driver the bus off. Soon, I also started seeing an extra bus park outside KSL but not for boarding. I was once asked to switch bus at KSL to another KSL bus.

Then also noticed that 2 buses moving around one after another, but a 3rd bus is permanently parked there.

Well, when I waited at DCM, I waited outside the mall and often stand to see from afar whether the bus is here. So if it by past the mall, I will know. However, I often flat it down when I think it is nothing going to come into the slip road.
 
Last edited:

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,148
Reaction score
13,170
Ah, now I think maybe it's the S1 bus that I saw the Indian lady driver. Nice helpful and friendly lady. :)
 

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
7,216
Reaction score
206
IM17 also goes to these 2 malls (KSL and Holiday Plaza). It uses bigger buses too.

For spectacles stuff, u can try holiday plaza. much cheaper,
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
holiday plaza is mainly those shops that sell disc, else is just fast food and salon there :)
 

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
21,626
Reaction score
7,887
Any shop i can go to at holiday plaza?

Holiday plaza is good stuff as well. If you're at KSL, just walk abit more reach holiday plaza liao. Things are cheaper here. The handphone ipad iPhone accessories is very well stocked and more variety.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Holiday plaza is good stuff as well. If you're at KSL, just walk abit more reach holiday plaza liao. Things are cheaper here. The handphone ipad iPhone accessories is very well stocked and more variety.

around 10 min walk, ksl is more of family mall, got supermarket and cinema and ktv and salon and restarants around. Holiday plaza is more of fast food places there.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top