KSL Mall (Johor)

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,171
I see, so not an issue since you are regular. There should not be any problem. The place you are going isn't far unlike mine, group of people going to Tebrau. Get used to it now.

A group heading to Tebrau? :)

I normally grab a cab from City Square, but having a group may be a little challenging with cabs. Have thought of taking their public buses, and I think with a group, it may also be safer for the walk to/from the bus stops...?

How do you do it? =:p
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
A group heading to Tebrau? :)

I normally grab a cab from City Square, but having a group may be a little challenging with cabs. Have thought of taking their public buses, and I think with a group, it may also be safer for the walk to/from the bus stops...?

How do you do it? =:p

No worry with cabs from JB Sentral. Just that it depends on where you take your cab. My last trip to Denga City Mall, I got a cab from the taxi station, coupon system from JB Sentral. But all I can say, it wont come cheap as it was 2x what I pay for taxi flag from the roadside.

By bus and safety? there is a group of people, what's the worry? JB Sentral has many buses going to Tebrau and I often take 227 with a group of 5 with no issues (max 10, only once). Of course, if you choose to walk over to Jalan Wong Ah Fook (the other side of City Square) to take those buses I have nothing to say cause I had never tried there at all. After all, buses from JB Sentral sometimes go that way and sometimes, some other route. It does not affect the journey to Tebrau. All these while it never cross my mind about how unsafe that place is. IF you have been to CS, you should take a look at how JB sentral terminal is.

I got the bus info here posted by forumers... Thank you and very helpful.
 

peng

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
Pasar Malam outside KSL City

If you are dropping by KSL City on a Monday, do stay for the Pasar Malam 4 to 10pm.

KSL-Pasar-Malam-human-traffic_zps1224461b.jpg


Food, market, kids will be curious to see the hawkers.
Do leave your strollers behind as pavement is always packed with human traffic.

KSL-Pasar-Malam-carrot-cake_zps0b858881.jpg


Our Food review here.
--> KSL Pasar Malam | Sengkang Babies
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,171
No worry with cabs from JB Sentral. Just that it depends on where you take your cab. My last trip to Denga City Mall, I got a cab from the taxi station, coupon system from JB Sentral. But all I can say, it wont come cheap as it was 2x what I pay for taxi flag from the roadside.

By bus and safety? there is a group of people, what's the worry? JB Sentral has many buses going to Tebrau and I often take 227 with a group of 5 with no issues (max 10, only once). Of course, if you choose to walk over to Jalan Wong Ah Fook (the other side of City Square) to take those buses I have nothing to say cause I had never tried there at all. After all, buses from JB Sentral sometimes go that way and sometimes, some other route. It does not affect the journey to Tebrau. All these while it never cross my mind about how unsafe that place is. IF you have been to CS, you should take a look at how JB sentral terminal is.

I got the bus info here posted by forumers... Thank you and very helpful.

I normally flag my cabs from the office entrance of City Square. Metered fare, no problem so far.

I asked about taking public bus because there's a possibility that I'll have to take a group of friends to Tebrau but everyone wants to be in the same cab as me, which is impossible. Have read here about the pickpocket cases at the bus stops in Tebrau, that's why I hesitated as well.

I've been to JB Sentral many times, quite familiar with it as well, just never taken any bus to Tebrau from there. Went to Jalan Wong Ah Fook before I knew about JB Sentral, and a guy there pointed a pickpocket in action to us, and told us it's best to go to JB Sentral and pointed us there.

Let's just say we need to be more alert when in Tebrau. :)
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
I normally flag my cabs from the office entrance of City Square. Metered fare, no problem so far.

Thanks for info, never tried there before. usually on the road and sometimes, taxi driver runs by meter, while sometimes, have to bargain which I hated most.

..... Have read here about the pickpocket cases at the bus stops in Tebrau, that's why I hesitated as well.

Yes, just be careful that's all. Of course, when there is a group of people, not that bad. I used to go alone there myself. Just be careful and mindful. Pickpocket? even in the bus, it is not safe, just beware of people in front and behind you when alighting. So far, no issues for me. Either I was the only one (seldom the case) or most time, someone will alight. Last week, there were another 8 pax (Singaporeans) alighted behind me. A group of 2 aunties whom we were in the same bus from checkpoint all the way to Tebrau and then coincidentally, met on the bus back to woodland from MY side

Unless you are coming back late at night which I usually avoid, I think it is alright. Its been already 4 odd years since I started going in alone and 2 yrs back, my colleagues join me on the trip
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
If you are dropping by KSL City on a Monday, do stay for the Pasar Malam 4 to 10pm.

Food, market, kids will be curious to see the hawkers.
Do leave your strollers behind as pavement is always packed with human traffic.

Our Food review here.
--> KSL Pasar Malam | Sengkang Babies

Oh, so this December you didn't go anywhere. I kept looking at your travel page in your blog but no update, finally saw it here... :s13:

I think you stay somewhere near my house, saw your wife few times near the coffeeshop.

Tell Heng family that I read their blog regularly too.... :s13:

I love reading travel blog.
 

joo koontz

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2011
Messages
87
Reaction score
1
The bus will stop at the KFC side of the building, on pasar malam evenings.

yup, the traffic is being diverted. Went there on Dec 30. It's really a pasar malam whereby some stalls are selling fishes, veggies, condiments apart from cakes, cookies, clothes, accessories ...:s13:
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,171
yup, the traffic is being diverted. Went there on Dec 30. It's really a pasar malam whereby some stalls are selling fishes, veggies, condiments apart from cakes, cookies, clothes, accessories ...:s13:

Veggies maybe, but I did get a shock when I first saw the fish stalls. Very interesting, though, nothing like what we've back home these days. =:p

Has anyone here tried the stinky toufu at the end of the pasar malam, somewhere in front of the Grand Paragon Hotel? Think I will one day, maybe. =:p

And not forgetting the zhu1 chang2 fen3 stall along the lane next to KSL Mall, an auntie selling the char siew and shrimp filling fen3 in front of her house. :)
 

peng

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
Oh, so this December you didn't go anywhere. I kept looking at your travel page in your blog but no update, finally saw it here... :s13:

I think you stay somewhere near my house, saw your wife few times near the coffeeshop.

Tell Heng family that I read their blog regularly too.... :s13:

I love reading travel blog.

Thank you Dleo, I do not arrange the "holidays" by chronological order, but check under Malaysia, we were at Legoland Hotel too :)

Will definitely spend more time GPS hunting the streetfood in JB in 2014.
 
Last edited:

cobragold

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
606
Reaction score
3
I was at ksl yesterday and had buffet lunch at the ksl resort hotel. Cost was 50 plus per person. Food was the worst I ate at any buffet. Felt like the food was kept from Sunday buffet. The grilled prawns were like they were grilled and then frozen and later taken out to grill or make hot for lunch. Also not fresh for sure, lucky no one went to toilet because of the food. I will warn all to stay away from the buffet. Maybe on week end it ok, but not for a weekday. Even the cakes were a bit off.
Really not worth the money to eat here
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
I was at ksl yesterday and had buffet lunch at the ksl resort hotel. Cost was 50 plus per person. Food was the worst I ate at any buffet. Felt like the food was kept from Sunday buffet. The grilled prawns were like they were grilled and then frozen and later taken out to grill or make hot for lunch. Also not fresh for sure, lucky no one went to toilet because of the food. I will warn all to stay away from the buffet. Maybe on week end it ok, but not for a weekday. Even the cakes were a bit off.
Really not worth the money to eat here

Eaten Fusion at ksl hotel , their lunch buffet last timr during groupon promo was around 12 sing dollars. Not much things to eat. Sushi always get taken away very fast, they took very slow to refill. My sister stayed ksl hotel before, their checked in was super slow and they have to wait for a couple of hours. Online review of their hotel was not very good also.

Rather pay 50 + one night for two ppl at century which was 1 min walk away from ksl mall. Cheaper, and their room size same as ksl hotel, and ksl hotel not every room have bath tub, but their price is like 100+ one night for two ppl during sat to sun stay :) Not worth @ all lol ....
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
I was at ksl yesterday and had buffet lunch at the ksl resort hotel. Cost was 50 plus per person. Food was the worst I ate at any buffet. Felt like the food was kept from Sunday buffet. The grilled prawns were like they were grilled and then frozen and later taken out to grill or make hot for lunch. Also not fresh for sure, lucky no one went to toilet because of the food. I will warn all to stay away from the buffet. Maybe on week end it ok, but not for a weekday. Even the cakes were a bit off.
Really not worth the money to eat here

That is amazing how fast standards have fallen. hehehe.
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Eaten Fusion at ksl hotel , their lunch buffet last timr during groupon promo was around 12 sing dollars. Not much things to eat. Sushi always get taken away very fast, they took very slow to refill. My sister stayed ksl hotel before, their checked in was super slow and they have to wait for a couple of hours. Online review of their hotel was not very good also.

Rather pay 50 + one night for two ppl at century which was 1 min walk away from ksl mall. Cheaper, and their room size same as ksl hotel, and ksl hotel not every room have bath tub, but their price is like 100+ one night for two ppl during sat to sun stay :) Not worth @ all lol ....

Can I just ask, what bed configuration for both Century and KSL? I mean, the size of the bed, from picture looks big but can be deceiving. Is it a super single or queen size bed for both hotel. I was looking at KSL but am afraid they might not have connecting rooms as my kids won't stay on separate rooms as experience so many time overseas. Ended up all staying in one room and leaving the other room empty
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,171
Was at the atrium of KSL yesterday. Looks like the stalls selling CNY goodies just started; they're setting up at mid-afternoon...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Was at the atrium of KSL yesterday. Looks like the stalls selling CNY goodies just started; they're setting up at mid-afternoon...

nice. today go KSL Friday, they holiday there right?
Would it be very crowded ?
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,171
nice. today go KSL Friday, they holiday there right?
Would it be very crowded ?

Holiday? You mean 1st day of weekend?

Johoreans with kids studying in SG still have to deal with them before/after school. =:p

If crowded, I can only think is SGeans taking long weekend leave to go CNY shopping. Quite a few SG aunty and uncle groups too, I notice.
 

dominique88

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
775
Reaction score
1
Im in KSL since afternoon. No crowd. It feels as if its a weekday even though its their weekend.. Shopping is a breeze. Hair salons and nail parlours no need to wait.
 

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
21,692
Reaction score
3
today I too went in, seems more abang around than usual, chinese student from Foon Yew High school still got school I think, saw many of them around in their distinct white uniform
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top