KSL Mall (Johor)

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Sianz.Halfway pasar malam start to rain.

Half way? means? I left 5min before 6pm. Went out to Pelangi side to take bus back to CS for shopping and Subway. Then head back SG.......

Guess what? MY custom full of people. queue 1hr 5min then cleared custom (3/4 way queue). When I left it was much worse then before I started. Queue was to back of the wall and counting.

All the back counters were closed, I suspect puasa issue? also starts of school holiday. But when I got down to take bus 170..... I saw the bus bay was full of travel buses.... no wonder the jam
 

abkt99

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
3
Half way? means? I left 5min before 6pm. Went out to Pelangi side to take bus back to CS for shopping and Subway. Then head back SG.......

Guess what? MY custom full of people. queue 1hr 5min then cleared custom (3/4 way queue). When I left it was much worse then before I started. Queue was to back of the wall and counting.

All the back counters were closed, I suspect puasa issue? also starts of school holiday. But when I got down to take bus 170..... I saw the bus bay was full of travel buses.... no wonder the jam
8 plus started drizzling for a while.Went back D Esplanade to hide.But about half hr over liao.Before 10pm almost all gone liao.They pack up very fast.Tonight going Johor Jaya one.Now eating chicken wing at IKEA.😄
 

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
7,218
Reaction score
208
whats the address/ street of the johor jaya pasar malam? opening hours 5pm onwards?
isit a hari raya themed pasar malam?
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
8 plus started drizzling for a while.Went back D Esplanade to hide.But about half hr over liao.Before 10pm almost all gone liao.They pack up very fast.Tonight going Johor Jaya one.Now eating chicken wing at IKEA.😄

About 9pm, almost all start packing up. Last year, I was staying there too and my window was directly above the it. Been watching them packing... only a handful still operating at 9pm.
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
whats the address/ street of the johor jaya pasar malam? opening hours 5pm onwards?
isit a hari raya themed pasar malam?

Jalan Dedap 13 I think. Just behind The Store. You won't miss it. Its famous there. Usual time of operation just like the KSL one.
Not sure, just search online. Several people have written about this PM.
They do have more stuff than KSL. lanes are slightly wider and less crowded... not no crowd. You can also shop around the surrounding.

Parking maybe an issue. Just your luck, you may have to park further away and walk
But is worse on Sunday morning. However, this is also where the CNY market is located 3 weeks before CNY. Avoid reaching there at 9pm.... as most some may start to pack depending on occasion (like CNY)... 10pm is closing time
 

abkt99

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
3
whats the address/ street of the johor jaya pasar malam? opening hours 5pm onwards?
isit a hari raya themed pasar malam?
It's just next to the "FAMILY" food court.Lane between Jln Dedap 13 and Jln Dedap 4.FAMILY food court also a lot of makan.This one not Malay Pasar Malam.Mostly Chinese.The Malay one is on Wed at Aeon Bukit Indah.Btw,anyone tried the Pachem Thai food near the Johor Jaya Pasar Malam before?
 
Last edited:

abkt99

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
3
About 9pm, almost all start packing up. Last year, I was staying there too and my window was directly above the it. Been watching them packing... only a handful still operating at 9pm.
Like vanishing trick😄A while only all gone.
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
8 plus started drizzling for a while.Went back D Esplanade to hide.But about half hr over liao.Before 10pm almost all gone liao.They pack up very fast.Tonight going Johor Jaya one.Now eating chicken wing at IKEA.😄

So early they pack?
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,168
Reaction score
13,175
By about 9pm, it's normal for KSL pasar malam stalls to start packing, if not already done/clearing.
 

darwinkoh

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
362
Reaction score
19
Mr DIY near CS is at UTC (last time name kotaraya).
KSL Mr DIY not yet open.

Thanks for the info.
Other than DIY shops, is there any bathroom accessories specialist shop around the area?
I have not drive to JB for the last 2 years... thus my Touch n Go card has probably expired. At JB custom, can I make payment using cash? Or there are facilities there that can relive my Touch n Go card with a fee? Thanks
 

abkt99

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
3
Hi. Anyone knows of good bargain shop for bathroom accessories around KSL mall or CS mall? Thanks
KSL one opening in Jul.Or Plaza Sentosa near KSL also have.But if you stay around Jurong east/Boon Lay and not driving there's a bus svc to Sutera mall(Mr DIY is @ basement corner) and back.Might be easier.
http://www.suteramall.com/public-transport-info-sutera-mall-johor-bahru-singapore-legoland-ciq-2nd-link-newspage-3-6.aspx
 

abkt99

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
3
Went to try this restaurant last week(Restoran C&M seafood/常满美食閣)and found it quite good.Can go try out if you at KSL.It's just directly opposite KSL Resort hotel and it's 24hrs too.😀
 

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2001
Messages
6,185
Reaction score
6
Thanks for the info.
Other than DIY shops, is there any bathroom accessories specialist shop around the area?
I have not drive to JB for the last 2 years... thus my Touch n Go card has probably expired. At JB custom, can I make payment using cash? Or there are facilities there that can relive my Touch n Go card with a fee? Thanks

Not that I know of.

Your TnG card probably deduct till zero already. Since I fedup with mine I decided not to support TnG by choosing non toll route. Wait for others to reply regarding TnG as I normally take bus.
 

darwinkoh

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
362
Reaction score
19
Not that I know of.

Your TnG card probably deduct till zero already. Since I fedup with mine I decided not to support TnG by choosing non toll route. Wait for others to reply regarding TnG as I normally take bus.

So at the JB custom, there is a separate lane for 'non toll route'? Thanks.
 

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Messages
16,208
Reaction score
4,895
top up Touch and Go card at JB kastam is the extreme last lane.

all counters can pay by cash or card. only last counter can topup card, it is another window after passport stamping.

So at the JB custom, there is a separate lane for 'non toll route'? Thanks.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top