KSL Mall (Johor)

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Im in KSL since afternoon. No crowd. It feels as if its a weekday even though its their weekend.. Shopping is a breeze. Hair salons and nail parlours no need to wait.

So restaurants on Friday is put weekdays price or weekends price?
Curious ... Like seasons they always have 35% discounts on weekdays :)
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,162
Reaction score
13,175
today I too went in, seems more abang around than usual, chinese student from Foon Yew High school still got school I think, saw many of them around in their distinct white uniform
If I'm not mistaken, those Chinese schools are like private schools, that's why it's not a weekend for them...?

So restaurants on Friday is put weekdays price or weekends price?
Curious ... Like seasons they always have 35% discounts on weekdays :)
VERY good question! Now I'm curious too! :s13:
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
Im in KSL since afternoon. No crowd. It feels as if its a weekday even though its their weekend.. Shopping is a breeze. Hair salons and nail parlours no need to wait.

Hi,

How about current period? Is it crowded? Thinking of taking leave in one weekday next week to go KSL there buy things.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,162
Reaction score
13,175
Hi,

How about current period? Is it crowded? Thinking of taking leave in one weekday next week to go KSL there buy things.

Was there on Monday, didn't notice any significant amount of people, except there seemed to be more uncle and aunty groups from here. :s13:

Went to Holiday Plaza first, though, no more reno/repair/construction going on, so bought some stuff before heading to KSL.

Pasar malam at KSL, I like the CNY atmosphere. ;)
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
Was there on Monday, didn't notice any significant amount of people, except there seemed to be more uncle and aunty groups from here. :s13:

Went to Holiday Plaza first, though, no more reno/repair/construction going on, so bought some stuff before heading to KSL.

Pasar malam at KSL, I like the CNY atmosphere. ;)

Wow.... CNY atmosphere at KSL pasar malam.... make my saliva drip.... :s13:

Holiday Plaza renovation liao got new things there or same?

I see how first, see if i managed to finish my shopping this weekend in Singapore or not. If cannot find anything then i go KSL and see. :s13:

Thanks.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,162
Reaction score
13,175
Wow.... CNY atmosphere at KSL pasar malam.... make my saliva drip.... :s13:

Holiday Plaza renovation liao got new things there or same?

I see how first, see if i managed to finish my shopping this weekend in Singapore or not. If cannot find anything then i go KSL and see. :s13:

Thanks.

Ya, I tried the fried carrot cake which they prepared with black sauce and lots of eggs - very nice. :s13:

Not sure if Holiday Plaza was reno or repair, coz nothing much seemed to have changed inside. Looked livelier, though it might be due to the CNY stuff and/or brighter lights. :D

I was there to look for cases for my phone and tablet, and managed to find the types I like. Was referred there by a shop assistant in KSL, saying his customers normally managed to find their specific cases over at Holiday Plaza - and I did! =:p

Arrowroot chips? One shop in Holiday Plaza was selling at RM12; cheapest over at KSL was RM14 from the pasar malam, though the stall wasn't there last Monday already. My favorite. :o
 

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
33,827
Reaction score
5,019
buy arrow chips, must look at the size of container. sometimes, even thought more expensive, the container is bigger.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,162
Reaction score
13,175
buy arrow chips, must look at the size of container. sometimes, even thought more expensive, the container is bigger.

There are more or less 2 sizes, the rest not much different from the small/big ones. :)
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
Ya, I tried the fried carrot cake which they prepared with black sauce and lots of eggs - very nice. :s13:

Arrowroot chips? One shop in Holiday Plaza was selling at RM12; cheapest over at KSL was RM14 from the pasar malam, though the stall wasn't there last Monday already. My favorite. :o

wow, i love fried carrot cake too..... yummy....:s13:

RM12? only sgd4.70, tat's good.
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
There are more or less 2 sizes, the rest not much different from the small/big ones. :)

look at the label for the contend weight. However, can say so if you are buying in MY as most are not stated especially home made type unless you asked. Just like old days in SG too, many would just say, fill up one container and that's what you pay.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,162
Reaction score
13,175
look at the label for the contend weight. However, can say so if you are buying in MY as most are not stated especially home made type unless you asked. Just like old days in SG too, many would just say, fill up one container and that's what you pay.

The prices of these arrowroot chips are already so much lower than over here - can easily be dollar-for-dollar difference, that I won't bother with that slight difference in size/price. ;)
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
The prices of these arrowroot chips are already so much lower than over here - can easily be dollar-for-dollar difference, that I won't bother with that slight difference in size/price. ;)

true to a certain extend. Depends on you. For me, why not when they are all together, choices to choose from. a saving is a saving regardless especially when all are for you to choose. Of course, there aren't any to choice from, it is still better than SG. However, do not be fool because I see many people also take for granted that it is still cheaper than SG mind set. I had done my sum and had seen that this is not always the case. When you encounter a promotion in SG, the price,.... you will be surprised could be even cheaper than MY.... so never be that sure.

Many of my friends also look at packing and think it is cheap only when you breakdown the cost based on weight, you will see the different. This brings me back to one basic thing. Do I want to buy when it is merely cheaper than SG? or buy something more worth while carrying back from MY? I know my aunty would tell me still buy from MY. For a mere 20C cheaper per pack and worth carrying something heavy? Just to highlight, what if it is light? will you still do so? Unless I really have nothing to buy. Well, I can only say, to each its own. For me.... do something more worthwhile as I travel by bus, don't want to carry something back only to find that it is cheaper by.... or worse case, cost more than SG (my personally experience many years ago)
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,162
Reaction score
13,175
true to a certain extend. Depends on you. For me, why not when they are all together, choices to choose from. a saving is a saving regardless especially when all are for you to choose. Of course, there aren't any to choice from, it is still better than SG. However, do not be fool because I see many people also take for granted that it is still cheaper than SG mind set. I had done my sum and had seen that this is not always the case. When you encounter a promotion in SG, the price,.... you will be surprised could be even cheaper than MY.... so never be that sure.

Many of my friends also look at packing and think it is cheap only when you breakdown the cost based on weight, you will see the different. This brings me back to one basic thing. Do I want to buy when it is merely cheaper than SG? or buy something more worth while carrying back from MY? I know my aunty would tell me still buy from MY. For a mere 20C cheaper per pack and worth carrying something heavy? Just to highlight, what if it is light? will you still do so? Unless I really have nothing to buy. Well, I can only say, to each its own. For me.... do something more worthwhile as I travel by bus, don't want to carry something back only to find that it is cheaper by.... or worse case, cost more than SG (my personally experience many years ago)
I go across the causeway for the different atmosphere, different foods, and different types of people - not so much for cheaper stuff. I might buy something knowing I can get it back home for similar cost, but I buy just when my mood calls for it. I don't normally think so much.

Thanks for sharing, anyway. :)
 

aqf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2001
Messages
18,195
Reaction score
93
Is there any bus from Tebrau city Jusco to KSL mall?
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Is there any bus from Tebrau city Jusco to KSL mall?

You can always walk from the main road for buses going to JB Sentral from Tebrau. I don't know any, but I had walked before several years back
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
I go across the causeway for the different atmosphere, different foods, and different types of people - not so much for cheaper stuff. I might buy something knowing I can get it back home for similar cost, but I buy just when my mood calls for it. I don't normally think so much.

Thanks for sharing, anyway. :)

Hmmmm.... I agreed with you. Me too, i think. More of jalan jalan at different places. I shop in Singapore until sian liao.

Cheaper is definitely cheaper in terms of food and movie. Of course we go there not because it is cheap (but if cheap better wahahahah).
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
You can always walk from the main road for buses going to JB Sentral from Tebrau. I don't know any, but I had walked before several years back

Hi,

I read somewhere (either hardwarezone forum or mycar forum) that one of them was pickpocketed while taking bus from tesco tebrau.

Better dun take bus from there, heard that bus stop is a paradise for the pickpockets.

i will find the post and let you know.
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
true to a certain extend. Depends on you. For me, why not when they are all together, choices to choose from. a saving is a saving regardless especially when all are for you to choose. Of course, there aren't any to choice from, it is still better than SG. However, do not be fool because I see many people also take for granted that it is still cheaper than SG mind set. I had done my sum and had seen that this is not always the case. When you encounter a promotion in SG, the price,.... you will be surprised could be even cheaper than MY.... so never be that sure.

Many of my friends also look at packing and think it is cheap only when you breakdown the cost based on weight, you will see the different. This brings me back to one basic thing. Do I want to buy when it is merely cheaper than SG? or buy something more worth while carrying back from MY? I know my aunty would tell me still buy from MY. For a mere 20C cheaper per pack and worth carrying something heavy? Just to highlight, what if it is light? will you still do so? Unless I really have nothing to buy. Well, I can only say, to each its own. For me.... do something more worthwhile as I travel by bus, don't want to carry something back only to find that it is cheaper by.... or worse case, cost more than SG (my personally experience many years ago)

Hmmm..... i think it depends on what you buy ba. Do the sums before buying.

Last December, I bought an Eversoft moisturiser at rm23 but saw at Ck chinatown selling at SGD26.00 (same size and product).

And during weekends, the restaurants are not as crowded as Singapore. In Singapore, everywhere you go, have to queue and queue. But in Johor not much queue. Cinema also, kids half price. Singapore where got half price.

But of course i dun go JB every weekend lah. I go few times a year only. Every week go also sian.... whahahahah
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Hmmm..... i think it depends on what you buy ba. Do the sums before buying.

Last December, I bought an Eversoft moisturiser at rm23 but saw at Ck chinatown selling at SGD26.00 (same size and product).

And during weekends, the restaurants are not as crowded as Singapore. In Singapore, everywhere you go, have to queue and queue. But in Johor not much queue. Cinema also, kids half price. Singapore where got half price.

But of course i dun go JB every weekend lah. I go few times a year only. Every week go also sian.... whahahahah

Precisely. that's what I am doing. I know what I will buy and what not. Will always find out about prices in SG before crossing over. Had posted about this before here. So no need to repeat my post. Nowadays, I am more into things that I hardly look around when I am over in JB. Most of my grocery items, I know where and when to buy. But really, would like to explore areas where I have not been before.

As for toiletry stuff, very much depends on what I can find from Swanton Chinatown. Otherwise, buy when I cross over to JB. But most common toiletry stuff, I buy in SG, MY cost more if you know where to find them. As for facial, I don't use them but sometimes being asked to look for it, either I check with Swanton or refer to Watson, medical hall (my neighbourhood) or even CK as that's the other place I can compare to JB Watson.

Unfortunately, I do drive, merely taking public transport. Therefore, I will have my priority when I cross over as to what to buy..
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top