KSL Mall (Johor)

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2002
Messages
7,943
Reaction score
317
ok thanks. will try to explore again the next time i go in
O ya i found this yesterday liao. The bbq not very nice lei. I feel its overrated. The street onea near sentral nicer... now otw go pasar malam and see if BKT got long queue or not. :D
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,170
Reaction score
13,176
O ya i found this yesterday liao. The bbq not very nice lei. I feel its overrated. The street onea near sentral nicer... now otw go pasar malam and see if BKT got long queue or not. :D

Cedar Point? BBQ fish I tried once, never go back again. BBQ chicken wings are good, even when kept until late at night when they've turned cold. Oyster omelette from the stall near BBQ CW is also not bad. Neighboring tables ordered the curry fish head from the stall next to BBQ CW, smells pretty good, will try next time I go back.

Pasar malam, fried carrot cake from the stall at the T-junction is very popular. Big crowd waiting normally, but patience will pay off. Roast duck from the same side of the road - further down towards KSL, I think - is good!

BKT opposite KSL? I tried once and thought it's over-rated. :s13:
 

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2002
Messages
7,943
Reaction score
317
I ordered 1 person share they gave me 2 person share. And the so call 2 person share is just 2 piece of rib. Wtf 1 person only 2 piece of bone. . Will NEVER EVER STEPPED IN
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,170
Reaction score
13,176
Alamak. Y u now then say. Haiz.. i just got slaughtered.
What? The BBQ fish? I went there because I read a review on a blog! I also thought it's supposed to be good! :s13:

Edit: Or are you talking about the BKT? You see the crowd? I thought it's just me. :s13:

Where the pasar malam? I no see..
From Cedar Point? You see Grand Paragon Hotel? The pasar malam is along the road that leads from Grand Paragon Hotel to KSL Mall/Hotel.

Cannot find, just grab anybody walking around Cedar Point, someone bound to know.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,170
Reaction score
13,176
I ordered 1 person share they gave me 2 person share. And the so call 2 person share is just 2 piece of rib. Wtf 1 person only 2 piece of bone. . Will NEVER EVER STEPPED IN

Ah, BKT! I also thought their potion a bit weird. We ordered around 3 different things for 2 pax, ended up a bit too much.

No intention to go back unless some other friends insist on trying, then maybe just to entertain them. :s22:

Edit: Strange that you walked? from Cedar Point to BKT without seeing the pasar malam? It's on the other side of KSL Mall. BKT is Kentucky exit, pasar malam is in front of hotel's main entrance.
 

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2002
Messages
7,943
Reaction score
317
Im talkinh abt the BKT... ya i duno y got crowd.ayb cos of the blog.. i went also cos the blog
What? The BBQ fish? I went there because I read a review on a blog! I also thought it's supposed to be good! :s13:

Edit: Or are you talking about the BKT? You see the crowd? I thought it's just me. :s13:


From Cedar Point? You see Grand Paragon Hotel? The pasar malam is along the road that leads from Grand Paragon Hotel to KSL Mall/Hotel.

Cannot find, just grab anybody walking around Cedar Point, someone bound to know.
 

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2002
Messages
7,943
Reaction score
317
Ya i saw after i post ao i quickly deleted..
What? The BBQ fish? I went there because I read a review on a blog! I also thought it's supposed to be good! :s13:

Edit: Or are you talking about the BKT? You see the crowd? I thought it's just me. :s13:


From Cedar Point? You see Grand Paragon Hotel? The pasar malam is along the road that leads from Grand Paragon Hotel to KSL Mall/Hotel.

Cannot find, just grab anybody walking around Cedar Point, someone bound to know.
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
The pasar malam is quite easily to find. Went there last night. Wasn't sure where it was but just try my luck as I brought my colleagues with me for it.

I went out from Sotong House entrance... (near entrance, you find, Mr Youtau, Breadtalk, Season, Tesco, etc...) go out of the entrance and turn left. You come to a junction and turn left again which leads you to an uphill road (somewhere near the peak, you will see a "SK" round sign board. Walk all the way up the road (surrounding KSL building). It was around 5.30pm and I saw to guards with a stand blocking the road and some tankages set up. So I knew I hit the jackpot.

On the way back, I found out that the other entrance of KSL where you will find the KSL Resort entrance next to it (the usual S1 shopping bus stops here any other day except Monday due to Pasar Malam). It is one level above Tesco, if you get out from this entrance, you will see the near end of the night market. I walk through the entrance and get down back to Tesco netrance to take S1 bus back to JB Sentral.
 
Last edited:

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2002
Messages
7,943
Reaction score
317
The pasar malam is quite easily to find. Went there last night. Wasn't sure where it was but just try my luck as I brought my colleagues with me for it.

I went out from Sotong House entrance... (near entrance, you find, Mr Youtau, Breadtalk, Season, Tesco, etc...) go out of the entrance and turn left. You come to a junction and turn left again which leads you to an uphill road (somewhere near the peak, you will see a "SK" round sign board. Walk all the way up the road (surrounding KSL building). It was around 5.30pm and I saw to guards with a stand blocking the road and some tankages set up. So I knew I hit the jackpot.

On the way back, I found out that the other entrance of KSL where you will find the KSL Resort entrance next to it (the usual S1 shopping bus stops here any other day except Monday due to Pasar Malam). It is one level above Tesco, if you get out from this entrance, you will see the near end of the night market. I walk through the entrance and get down back to Tesco netrance to take S1 bus back to JB Sentral.

ya i was abt to give up thats why i tried to ask in forum. but after i click send i saw it and i quickly deleted the post.
 

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2001
Messages
6,185
Reaction score
6
Ksl noon time got any nice food or nt? The stingray wat time opem?

Opposite the KSL KFC got Ah Soon Bah Ku Teh. If you like Chicken Rice, exit from the same entrance and turn left. Walk along the row of shop and up a hill. You will see a T junction, turn right and walk further up hill.

The chicken rice stall is beside a clinic.
That whole row of shop also got other food.
 

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2001
Messages
6,185
Reaction score
6
For Pasar Malam.
Try the black carrot cake, it at a corner of the road.
There are a few stalls but this one is my favourite. Have to wait more than 10 minutes after order. Big pack just RM5 nia.
 

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2001
Messages
6,185
Reaction score
6
any idea what is the frequency of the free shuttle bus from JB Sentral to KSL City?

There is free bus from JB town to Larkin Bus Station, it will stop along the way like Danga Mall but never pass by KSL. Frequency 30 mins.

Never heard got free bus to KSL, maybe I don't know.:s8:
 

mubz96

Master Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
2,913
Reaction score
167
There is free bus from JB town to Larkin Bus Station, it will stop along the way like Danga Mall but never pass by KSL. Frequency 30 mins.

Never heard got free bus to KSL, maybe I don't know.:s8:

Where to take this free bus from jb town to larkin?
 

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2001
Messages
26,552
Reaction score
8
Got bus, but not free la. I saw bus waiting passenger at KSL entrance nia.


One way is RM 1.50

Where's Cedar point? I find that KSL only got restaurants and nothing special, ended eat at City square.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,170
Reaction score
13,176
One way is RM 1.50

Where's Cedar point? I find that KSL only got restaurants and nothing special, ended eat at City square.

Quite a fair bit of "street food" outside KSL, didn't you go out for a walk around? :s11:

Anyway, Cedar Point is a hawker centre marked Cedar Point Food Court. It's behind Hotel Grand Paragon, if you walk over from KSL.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top