KSL Mall (Johor)

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
8,626
Reaction score
230
I think the flood does not affect areas nearer to SG. However, on the highway, hard to say. There was a year when I was coming back from KL... somewhere along the highway, coach ran slowly due to flood water. During toilet stop, driver mentioned that few days before that, it was closed due to flood. So we were fortunate to be able to come back.
There's an app by plus where u can view camera footage along NS highway. But only 5-6 along the kl-jb stretch. Also there's supposed to be traffic updates as well. Not sure whether the info is updated or not.

The flood website set up by the ministry also seemed to be terrible. Many dead links and camera pics either outdated or just dead.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,179
Reaction score
13,180
Back from yet another staycation in KSL =:p , after the pasar malam, of course.

Some food that I try to have while in the area:
- Yit Foh wanton noodles (along the row of shophouses with the 7-Eleven)
- Roast meat (along the row that has the Geylang porridge)
- Fried carrot cake, and roast duck (pasar malam)
- Fried oyster omelette, BBQ chicken wings, claypot fish head curry, fruit rojak, and satay (Cedar Point Food Court)

Happy New Year, everyone! :)
 

ablurcat

Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2014
Messages
473
Reaction score
69
Back from yet another staycation in KSL =:p , after the pasar malam, of course.

Some food that I try to have while in the area:
- Yit Foh wanton noodles (along the row of shophouses with the 7-Eleven)
- Roast meat (along the row that has the Geylang porridge)
- Fried carrot cake, and roast duck (pasar malam)
- Fried oyster omelette, BBQ chicken wings, claypot fish head curry, fruit rojak, and satay (Cedar Point Food Court)

Happy New Year, everyone! :)

Happy 2015
Did u stay KSL hotel ?
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
In my opinion, would stay century hotel instead, is just opposite ksl mall.
Have stayed there 6x before, not bad if you dont expect much.
about 50+ per night superior 22m2 with breakfast
or 60+ per night deluxe with 1 double + 1 single bed with breakfast...

ksl hotel is about 25m2 some with no bath tub ...
price is abt 90-120 per night ...
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,179
Reaction score
13,180
In my opinion, would stay century hotel instead, is just opposite ksl mall.
Have stayed there 6x before, not bad if you dont expect much.
about 50+ per night superior 22m2 with breakfast
or 60+ per night deluxe with 1 double + 1 single bed with breakfast...

ksl hotel is about 25m2 some with no bath tub ...
price is abt 90-120 per night ...

KSL suits me better as I like the city view from up there, and the worry-free access to the mall. :)

Plus I don't like having a bath tub - don't use them and they take up precious space :D - and the best breakfast around there is still those out in the streets. =:p

Oh yes, since you've been in the area quite a bit yourself, care to share if there's any place within walking distance for zhichar crabs? Chilli crabs, perhaps? :)

I'd one the other time at the coffeeshop near Century, and it cost me nearly RM70. Hardly eat crab here myself, but RM70 sounds like quite a bit for just one crab...?
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
KSL suits me better as I like the city view from up there, and the worry-free access to the mall. :)

Plus I don't like having a bath tub - don't use them and they take up precious space :D - and the best breakfast around there is still those out in the streets. =:p

Oh yes, since you've been in the area quite a bit yourself, care to share if there's any place within walking distance for zhichar crabs? Chilli crabs, perhaps? :)

I'd one the other time at the coffeeshop near Century, and it cost me nearly RM70. Hardly eat crab here myself, but RM70 sounds like quite a bit for just one crab...?

haha mostly go with friends there, so no car.
coz we still student that time ...
normally go there watch movie and walk walk. then sun check out go jb neway sing ktv ... ksl ktv more expensive ...
the zi cha near the century hotel, beside the bah ku teh is not cheap ba ...
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,179
Reaction score
13,180
haha mostly go with friends there, so no car.
coz we still student that time ...
normally go there watch movie and walk walk. then sun check out go jb neway sing ktv ... ksl ktv more expensive ...
the zi cha near the century hotel, beside the bah ku teh is not cheap ba ...

Ah, group of you is safety in numbers, so to speak. =:p

Not the one next to bah ku teh, but the one further down from Century, that is, when I walk from KSL past Century's entrance, then further up to the street corner, like on the way to Holiday Plaza. I used to have dinner there, until that crab brought my bill to nearly RM100. Now I walk a little further to Cedar Point instead. :s13:

No car either; 107, CW1, S1, IM17, and the occasional cab are my mode of transport. :D
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Ah, group of you is safety in numbers, so to speak. =:p

Not the one next to bah ku teh, but the one further down from Century, that is, when I walk from KSL past Century's entrance, then further up to the street corner, like on the way to Holiday Plaza. I used to have dinner there, until that crab brought my bill to nearly RM100. Now I walk a little further to Cedar Point instead. :s13:

No car either; 107, CW1, S1, IM17, and the occasional cab are my mode of transport. :D

blur lol ... I thought century hotel there can walk to holiday inn ...
then on the way are all private houses ?
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,179
Reaction score
13,180
blur lol ... I thought century hotel there can walk to holiday inn ...
then on the way are all private houses ?

Yup, the road in front of the entrance of Century, you turn left and walk straight. Then T-junction turn right to Holiday Plaza / Hotel Mutiara?

Actually, it's a row of shops and eateries on the right. The zhichar at the coffeeshop right at the corner where you turn right. =:p
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
Back from yet another staycation in KSL =:p , after the pasar malam, of course.

Some food that I try to have while in the area:
- Yit Foh wanton noodles (along the row of shophouses with the 7-Eleven)
- Roast meat (along the row that has the Geylang porridge)
- Fried carrot cake, and roast duck (pasar malam)
- Fried oyster omelette, BBQ chicken wings, claypot fish head curry, fruit rojak, and satay (Cedar Point Food Court)

Happy New Year, everyone! :)

Happy New Year to you too!

Aiyo! You made my saliva drips whahahahahaha:s13::s13::s13:
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
In my opinion, would stay century hotel instead, is just opposite ksl mall.
Have stayed there 6x before, not bad if you dont expect much.
about 50+ per night superior 22m2 with breakfast
or 60+ per night deluxe with 1 double + 1 single bed with breakfast...

ksl hotel is about 25m2 some with no bath tub ...
price is abt 90-120 per night ...

But Century has no car park for their guests right?

If i going to stay for a nite, I will stay at Mutiara hotel instead as it is cheaper than KSL and has its own car park and swimming too.

Only con is have to walk to KSL.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,179
Reaction score
13,180
Happy New Year to you too!

Aiyo! You made my saliva drips whahahahahaha:s13::s13::s13:

I forgot to mention another place I go for lunch too.

In Holiday Plaza, I think the 2nd floor, there's what looks like a Hakka joint that occupies 2 shop lots. They sell yong tau foo and many other dishes, though I normally have braised pork knuckles and bittergoud soup there. I like the simple home-setting. :)

But Century has no car park for their guests right?

If i going to stay for a nite, I will stay at Mutiara hotel instead as it is cheaper than KSL and has its own car park and swimming too.

Only con is have to walk to KSL.

Isn't the open carpark at the side of Century mainly for guests? I saw a sign showing a price that outsiders have to pay.
 

RockyWM

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
haha mostly go with friends there, so no car.
coz we still student that time ...
normally go there watch movie and walk walk. then sun check out go jb neway sing ktv ... ksl ktv more expensive ...
the zi cha near the century hotel, beside the bah ku teh is not cheap ba ...

Bro, now when I am lazy, I will take a bus into KSL, then Uber to Mount Austin and Zon.
Uber is wayy better than taxi in JB, don't need to haggle price with the driver, don't need to pay in ringgit, and its cheaper too!

(If you have not use Uber before, can use my promo code!! It's uberrockyWM for 2 free rides)
 

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
82,858
Reaction score
10,174
then Uber to Mount Austin and Zon.
Uber is wayy better than taxi in JB, don't need to haggle price with the driver, don't need to pay in ringgit, and its cheaper too!

uber is those non taxis?

trust-able boh, later those personal cars using uber bring u somewhere ulu kana rob
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top