Kuala Lumpur trip

artemov

Banned
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
63
Quick question before I go to KL.

What is the public transport stored value card (for LRT, MRT, monorail etc) to use currently?
Does youtrip card work?

Thanks.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,529
Reaction score
6,095
Quick question before I go to KL.

What is the public transport stored value card (for LRT, MRT, monorail etc) to use currently?
Does youtrip card work?

Thanks.
I only take 1 trip, so use coin/note to buy ticket from the machine.
 

artemov

Banned
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
63
I only take 1 trip, so use coin/note to buy ticket from the machine.

Unfortunately I have 4 days and will be traveling around by public transport mostly, so some kind of stored value card would probably make more sense.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,151
Reaction score
13,173
Unfortunately I have 4 days and will be traveling around by public transport mostly, so some kind of stored value card would probably make more sense.
I've the impression that Touch n Go is the one to use for public transport there, unless they've limitations...

https://www.touchngo.com.my/consumer/transit/trains/
https://www.touchngo.com.my/consumer/transit/buses/
Credit/debit cards probably not implemented yet...?
https://soyacincau.com/2023/03/20/a...ment, the KLIA,station using the TNG eWallet.
 

artemov

Banned
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
63
I've the impression that Touch n Go is the one to use for public transport there, unless they've limitations...

I heard/read that TnG card is impossible to get, not sure if it is still true ... then there is this myrapid card or something ... quite confusing.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,529
Reaction score
6,095
Unfortunately I have 4 days and will be traveling around by public transport mostly, so some kind of stored value card would probably make more sense.
Travel tips for taking KL Public Transport:

- For your convenience buy the Touch 'n Go or MyRapid card (Stored Value smartcard) at a Train Station Ticket Office
- Stored Value smart cards are a really good deal if you plan to stay for more than 2-3 days in KL
- These Smart Cards save the time of purchasing new tickets every time you go on the rails or bus and offer a 20% discount on fares
- If you choose, then purchase the "Touch n Go" Card as it is accepted for fares payment on all modes of transportation in KL.
- If planning to purchase single trip tickets then carry cash with small change (coins) for ticket purchase
- Beware of Pickpockets while traveling on Public Transport in KL, especially during heavy crowd time
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,151
Reaction score
13,173
I heard/read that TnG card is impossible to get, not sure if it is still true ... then there is this myrapid card or something ... quite confusing.
myrapid card is their stored value card.

TnG card isn't impossible to get, just not that easy unless you want to pay more from people selling online. Depends how much you want to get it.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,529
Reaction score
6,095
myrapid card is their stored value card.

TnG card isn't impossible to get, just not that easy unless you want to pay more from people selling online. Depends how much you want to get it.
I think myrapid card only use in KL and Penang, TnG card better, can use in JB too.
TnG card buy online slightly expensive.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,151
Reaction score
13,173
I think myrapid card only use in KL and Penang, TnG card better, can use in JB too.
TnG card buy online slightly expensive.
Those people make the effort to acquire those cards in order to earn some $...

I personally rather pay more to get on with life, instead of having to spend precious time doing the hunting. 🤷‍♂️
 

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2002
Messages
21,573
Reaction score
2,240
actually tng nfc card is easier to get than when it first implement
 
Last edited:

SongManKranji

High Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
185,484
Reaction score
78,948
Hi folks will be gg to KL again soon. anyone been to the IOI mall. I heard for expired card need go TNG HQ in KL to activate. :grin:
 

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2002
Messages
21,573
Reaction score
2,240
Hi folks will be gg to KL again soon. anyone been to the IOI mall. I heard for expired card need go TNG HQ in KL to activate. :grin:
imo forget abt the hassle and time unless u have a lot of credits (>rm50) inside
 

mrdeeds

Senior Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
609
Reaction score
232
Just came back from KL. As @Andrew833 indicated, tng card can be used for all forms of transportation in KL which was what I did. My tng card is the old one without the newer features but bcos link to my tng account so can continue using even if never used for >1 yr. Only thing is cannot use card for payment at shops, stores. Have to use tng app instead for payment
 

kurt_629

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
2,783
Reaction score
858
actually for expired TnG card, just write in to request for the fund to transfer to your app or the other card.

i done it before, right after the end of pandemic..
of course, took around 4 months that long..

got to keep writing and reminding them..
 

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2002
Messages
21,573
Reaction score
2,240
thats why i say if credit few dollars inside just treat it as donation loh
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top