Kuala Lumpur trip

magna_strike

Banned
Joined
Jun 10, 2008
Messages
14,908
Reaction score
5,841
thanks. If no e gates access will be long? wonder how long the queue will be.
I don't think it was very particularly long. My MIL is a PR so she can't use e gates, but I really don't recall having to wait very long for her to clear manually on that day.
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,466
Reaction score
1,533
HI there,

I am planning to try this route,
SG-> CIQ->Senai Airport via Bus-> Kuala Lumpur via flight -> Penang via Flight -> SG again via Flight.
What are some of the potential problems I might face?
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,534
Reaction score
6,102
HI there,

I am planning to try this route,
SG-> CIQ->Senai Airport via Bus-> Kuala Lumpur via flight -> Penang via Flight -> SG again via Flight.
What are some of the potential problems I might face?
Air ticket from Senai to Kl is cheaper but when you cross border, you need to consider about the traffic jam at the CIQ. If the different is not big, I rather save the trouble to go by Changi.
KL to Penang can take flight or take train then ferry.

I had done more than this, don't see any problem except crossing border.
 

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,106
Reaction score
6,388
HI there,

I am planning to try this route,
SG-> CIQ->Senai Airport via Bus-> Kuala Lumpur via flight -> Penang via Flight -> SG again via Flight.
What are some of the potential problems I might face?

JB to KL, might else take coach at Larkin interchange~?

Unless you want to change your itinerary, JB to Penang via flight, Penang to KL via train/ coach, KL to SG via flight~ :s22:
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,466
Reaction score
1,533
JB to KL, might else take coach at Larkin interchange~?

Unless you want to change your itinerary, JB to Penang via flight, Penang to KL via train/ coach, KL to SG via flight~ :s22:
hi, btw can I not book a return flight until the I confirm?
 

Aero_GT

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
582
HI there,

I am planning to try this route,
SG-> CIQ->Senai Airport via Bus-> Kuala Lumpur via flight -> Penang via Flight -> SG again via Flight.
What are some of the potential problems I might face?
Previously i always buy friday 10pm+ train ticket, go after work, then stay overnight at sem9 hotel near senai airport. Next day ask the hotel counter arrange free airport shuttle, less than 5mins reach. Nowadays the train ticket getting harder to get, i just take 1 extra leave, go changi take early flight directly to kl.

For flights just don't book those like few hours apart in case got delays.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,534
Reaction score
6,102
JB to KL, might else take coach at Larkin interchange~?

Unless you want to change your itinerary, JB to Penang via flight, Penang to KL via train/ coach, KL to SG via flight~ :s22:

hi, btw can I not book a return flight until the I confirm?
Return by plane better, as you go many places, you will buy more and more things.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,534
Reaction score
6,102
I mean can I don't book a return ticket till I confirm? in case they thought I overstaying
I think can. Example we go JB, we never state how many days and return date.
If you book hotel or Airbnb, MY gov still know, as they need to submit your tax.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,160
Reaction score
13,175
A member shared an experience where check in was refused without return ticket.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...lf-air-will-not-book-with-them-again.6929838/
Very long read but it seems that's going to Bangkok, Thailand.

I'm thinking (could be wrong) that as long we stay within West Malaysia, it doesn't matter if we've a return air ticket because there're other options to return, like via road and rail...🤔 For SG passport holders, that is.

Ah, just recalled there's a trip I made... flew from Changi to KL, went up Gentings, then later bus to Melaka and finally coach home.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,534
Reaction score
6,102
Thailand need return air ticket.
For Malaysia, can check with the regulation. So far I was never ask for return ticket by any Malaysia airport/ train station.
I mean can I don't book a return ticket till I confirm? in case they thought I overstaying

A member shared an experience where check in was refused without return ticket.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...lf-air-will-not-book-with-them-again.6929838/
What Documents Are Needed at Entry Checkpoints Into Malaysia?

You will be required to produce the following documents:

Print out of your eVISA.
Proof of sufficient funds (Cash / Traveller’s Cheques / Debit or Credit Card(s)) to cover your expenses while in Malaysia.
A valid and authentic return ticket.
Proof of accommodation.

Just check. Maybe fly by air will ask, by land never ask.
I try pre-covid SG> Melaka > KL > Ipoh > Penang > SG
All by coach or train, only return is by air.
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,466
Reaction score
1,533
What Documents Are Needed at Entry Checkpoints Into Malaysia?

You will be required to produce the following documents:

Print out of your eVISA.
Proof of sufficient funds (Cash / Traveller’s Cheques / Debit or Credit Card(s)) to cover your expenses while in Malaysia.
A valid and authentic return ticket.
Proof of accommodation.

Just check. Maybe fly by air will ask, by land never ask.
I try pre-covid SG> Melaka > KL > Ipoh > Penang > SG
All by coach or train, only return is by air.
I will just buy one way first. if needed, I will buy a return ticket on the spot.is that ok?
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,534
Reaction score
6,102
I will just buy one way first. if needed, I will buy a return ticket on the spot.is that ok?
I really don't know.
If all by land, you should be fine, book return flight within 28 days should be fine too.
By flight custom may be more strict
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,466
Reaction score
1,533
What Documents Are Needed at Entry Checkpoints Into Malaysia?

You will be required to produce the following documents:

Print out of your eVISA.
Proof of sufficient funds (Cash / Traveller’s Cheques / Debit or Credit Card(s)) to cover your expenses while in Malaysia.
A valid and authentic return ticket.
Proof of accommodation.

Just check. Maybe fly by air will ask, by land never ask.
I try pre-covid SG> Melaka > KL > Ipoh > Penang > SG
All by coach or train, only return is by air.
I think this is accp
I really don't know.
If all by land, you should be fine, book return flight within 28 days should be fine too.
By flight custom may be more strict
assuming I take bus from larkin bus terminal, what is the best I bus I can take from there to KL? is there many timing and do I have to book in advance
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top