Kuala Lumpur trip

darcbleu

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2003
Messages
964
Reaction score
239
anyone got any place near to KL center (preferbably near Bukit Bintang) to drink and listen to live band similiar to those at Lalaport?
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
Along Changkat Bukit Bintang, there is an entire stretch. Also Jln P. Ramlee near the Shangri-La.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
3,285
If narrow to these 3 hotels, which one is better?

1. Doubletree Hilton KL
2. Royal Hotel Signature
3. Amari KL
 

MrRacer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
1,961
Reaction score
126
Anyone can share which of this hotel is better in terms of location and bear some malls

(1) courtyard Kuala Lumpur South
(2) Four Point by Sheraton Chinatown
(3) Four Point by Sheraton City Centre
(4) Westin Kuala Lumpur

If given the 4 choice, I'll go for Westin KL without a doubt and one of the nearest to Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.

If narrow to these 3 hotels, which one is better?

1. Doubletree Hilton KL
2. Royal Hotel Signature
3. Amari KL

If you ask me, I'll take doubletree Hilton KL
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
If given the 4 choice, I'll go for Westin KL without a doubt and one of the nearest to Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.



If you ask me, I'll take doubletree Hilton KL
Thanks bro! I came back and Westin is quite steady. But I may stay JW Marriott the next time I go. Next door and the hotel is more power. About $20-30 more in terms of SGD
 

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
7,218
Reaction score
208
I compared Westin KL and neighbour JW Marriot.
JW Marriot cheapest rooms are $20-30 higher but labelled as "no windows".

Try to avoid rooms facing Pavilion as they are much noisier
 

MrRacer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
1,961
Reaction score
126
Thanks bro! I came back and Westin is quite steady. But I may stay JW Marriott the next time I go. Next door and the hotel is more power. About $20-30 more in terms of SGD
Althought JW Marriot is a Luxury brand while Westin is a premium brand under Marriot group branding but I don't feel the same class like St Regis or Ritz Carlton when I stayed with them so far.

I think most of the time I'll go with Premium selection most of the time, not that budget painful but at the same time got the service I need. I kinda of like Renaissance , Le meridian and Westin series.

That's just my personnel opinion.

Below are a few more areas and hotel I can recommend and sorry that most of the time is at petaling jaya because that's my go to area haha.
  1. Le Meridian Petaling Jaya - Below the mall is Paradigm KL already and to go other area also quite near.
  2. Somerset Damansara Uptown Petaling Jaya -You can even book like one bedroom apartment so you can do basic prep breakfast over there because the hotel breakfast is meh. However just 5 minutes walk from the hotel there's Village Park nasi lemak one of my go to spot. At the same time below mall is Sterling Mall, there's some shop and also jaya grocer. I stay there sometime when I'm on long business trip like a week back then.
  3. Sunway Lagoon Hotel - okay 4 star decent hotel just that the furnishing a little outdated but still okay. Mall beside is the biggest Sunway Pyramid and of course Sunway Lagoon theme park if you into that. Go to Mid valley KL maybe 15-20 minutes grab ride? Around there got alot of food place if you keen pm me, I can tell you all about it. Sometime if you are booking early can get like 80 SGD per night from Agoda.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
Althought JW Marriot is a Luxury brand while Westin is a premium brand under Marriot group branding but I don't feel the same class like St Regis or Ritz Carlton when I stayed with them so far.

I think most of the time I'll go with Premium selection most of the time, not that budget painful but at the same time got the service I need. I kinda of like Renaissance , Le meridian and Westin series.

That's just my personnel opinion.

Below are a few more areas and hotel I can recommend and sorry that most of the time is at petaling jaya because that's my go to area haha.
  1. Le Meridian Petaling Jaya - Below the mall is Paradigm KL already and to go other area also quite near.
  2. Somerset Damansara Uptown Petaling Jaya -You can even book like one bedroom apartment so you can do basic prep breakfast over there because the hotel breakfast is meh. However just 5 minutes walk from the hotel there's Village Park nasi lemak one of my go to spot. At the same time below mall is Sterling Mall, there's some shop and also jaya grocer. I stay there sometime when I'm on long business trip like a week back then.
  3. Sunway Lagoon Hotel - okay 4 star decent hotel just that the furnishing a little outdated but still okay. Mall beside is the biggest Sunway Pyramid and of course Sunway Lagoon theme park if you into that. Go to Mid valley KL maybe 15-20 minutes grab ride? Around there got alot of food place if you keen pm me, I can tell you all about it. Sometime if you are booking early can get like 80 SGD per night from Agoda.
Super power bro. Maybe next time I try Le Meriden. ST Regis the the most luxury class in the Marriott chains. But unfortunately I don’t need that kind of luxury. So far I can get early check in (9am) and also upgrade of rooms for Marriott chains so I am ok with Courtyard, Westin or Marriott. Westin KL is a bit run down because the silicon/ wallpaper all almost coming off. But the place is huge and good location. I am not too fussy.

Only issue is not much massage place. Maybe try Le Meriden like you mentioned
 

MrRacer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
1,961
Reaction score
126
For massage you can try health land, they are a group and if you top up package if you go with your partner can be as cheap as 50RM per hour for any service including full body massage BUT make sure you ask them to confirm that you can use in any outlet in Malaysia so meaning KL or JB.

https://book.healthland.com.my/promotion/index

If not you can get their normal hourly rate also can and based on google there's a 6 minute walk from Westin to the massage place

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hea...try=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI1MDQxNC4xIKXMDSoASAFQAw==
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
For massage you can try health land, they are a group and if you top up package if you go with your partner can be as cheap as 50RM per hour for any service including full body massage BUT make sure you ask them to confirm that you can use in any outlet in Malaysia so meaning KL or JB.

https://book.healthland.com.my/promotion/index

If not you can get their normal hourly rate also can and based on google there's a 6 minute walk from Westin to the massage place

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/HealthLand+@+Bukit+Bintang,+22&24+Jalan+Inai,+Off,+Jln+Imbi,+Imbi,+55100+Kuala+Lumpur,+Federal+Territory+of+Kuala+Lumpur,+Malaysia/The+Westin+Kuala+Lumpur,+Jalan+Bukit+Bintang,+Bukit+Bintang,+Kuala+Lumpur,+Federal+Territory+of+Kuala+Lumpur,+Malaysia/@3.1470916,101.7153018,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x31cc3778dfc4e151:0xa798202ac2b63f1c!2m2!1d101.7183846!2d3.1460286!1m5!1m1!1s0x31cc362c6f063617:0xbd4dbd340412e4ce!2m2!1d101.7145371!2d3.1478489!3e2?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI1MDQxNC4xIKXMDSoASAFQAw==
Thanks bro! I will definitely try. I still feel Singapore foot reflexology much better than KL/ JB but the price also almost double
 

peanut_pancake

Master Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
3,576
Reaction score
42
Anyone of you tried KLIA Aero Fast Track before? KLIA immigration queue is quite long based on last year experience. Unable to use e gate as child under 120cm and above 2 years old.
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,093
Reaction score
795
Anyone stayed at Le Meridien Putrajaya before? What is the best way to travel into Bukit Bintang area? Take grab from hotel (Google Maps about 30 mins), or grab to the station and KLIA into KL Sentral?
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
Don't see the merit of staying there unless you play golf, you have a thing for the mall or you plan to stay in.
In order to take the KLIA Transit, you have to travel quite a distance AWAY from the direction of the KL city centre. Grab all the way should be preferable but traffic is usually heavy on the most direct route.
Anyone stayed at Le Meridien Putrajaya before? What is the best way to travel into Bukit Bintang area? Take grab from hotel (Google Maps about 30 mins), or grab to the station and KLIA into KL Sentral?
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,093
Reaction score
795
Don't see the merit of staying there unless you play golf, you have a thing for the mall or you plan to stay in.
In order to take the KLIA Transit, you have to travel quite a distance AWAY from the direction of the KL city centre. Grab all the way should be preferable but traffic is usually heavy on the most direct route.
You got it there, the mall is the attraction for me, because I've to work from the hotel in the day. I targeted this hotel and mall because elderly can go and shop while I'm working and can come back to the room anytime when they are tired. More than enough for them to walk without getting into the sun or navigating the roads and traffic. As compared to if I were to book in Bukit Bintang area.

So maybe will just grab all the way into Bukit Bintang for dinner (I know evening peak rush hour).
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top