LG G Pro 2

Inertiaholic

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
965
Reaction score
0
No root yet which is why I am tempted to sell my GP2 despite it being fantastic!

LG's updating quite a bit these days e.g. G2 already got kitkat (although one should never upgrade to kitkat as it drains battery e.g. G2 and Moto G and X.)

Yeah because of the lack of root etc, I am tempted to revert to my note 2 or 3...

Having said all these, GP2 rocks!

Hi fellas. Am tempted to get this phone, but I ahve a few questions.

1. Anyone managed to root this phone? Any link to details how it's done?

2. Given LG's notorious track record when it comes to software update, should this be a concern? Or have they improved after Nexus 5 & G2 came out?

3. I tinker a bit too. Looking at XDA, dev support for this phone seems to be a bit low right now. I know it's still new, but was it like this when G2 came out?

Just wanna get a feel things before committing. Thanks.
 

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2002
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
107
i have the korean version. its almost similar except for the TV antenna.
For Korean models can root with ioroot but limited to old f/w only.
Love the knock code although the rear rocker buttons are quite intuitive to use as well.

Does it come with apt-x? i'm using it with Razer Adaro BT headset
so far so good too...

Battery drain not an issue and games don't run as hot as Z Ultra too
 

tikokia

Master Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
110
i find the:s11: battery cover abit creaky whn u press it, last time g2 also lidat
 

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,276
Reaction score
209
Tired of samsung and jumped over to LG ....used G Pro, G2 and now the Pro 2.
LG is under-rated.

Knock-knock is cool
 

apostrophe

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
1,968
Reaction score
2
No root yet which is why I am tempted to sell my GP2 despite it being fantastic!

LG's updating quite a bit these days e.g. G2 already got kitkat (although one should never upgrade to kitkat as it drains battery e.g. G2 and Moto G and X.)

Yeah because of the lack of root etc, I am tempted to revert to my note 2 or 3...

Having said all these, GP2 rocks!
Thanks for the great reply. But I thought there's root for it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51507049&postcount=38

What's the model number for Asia? D838 right?
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Tired of samsung and jumped over to LG ....used G Pro, G2 and now the Pro 2.
LG is under-rated.

Knock-knock is cool

Welcome to the Pro 2 club! :)

Yes! This awesome LG phone is underrated and undermined by a lot of consumers!

We should promote this phone as it is really a solid and high performance phone and yet it is pretty cheap. !)

The OSB is good and after a while, you will not "pay attention" or "notice" or "be bothered" at all by the side OSB bar in game play as the 5.9" big screen is enough to offset the OSB bar's appearance at the side of screen. :)
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
I showed my colleagues my new Pro 2. First thing they told me is "where the f is the key? How to activate the display?"...

They have no idea how to activate the screen without any phyiscal key on both sides of the phone. lol....

Haha!
 

apostrophe

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
1,968
Reaction score
2
I showed my colleagues my new Pro 2. First thing they told me is "where the f is the key? How to activate the display?"...

They have no idea how to activate the screen without any phyiscal key on both sides of the phone. lol....

Haha!
As a user, any complaints/problems so far? I'm itching to get a new toy.
 

cj9404

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Can anyone recommend a reliable shop to buy LG G pro2 with good price?

Thanks.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
As a user, any complaints/problems so far? I'm itching to get a new toy.

I'm not sure if you have used any OSB phone!:s8:

For me, this is my very first OSB phone!

You must get use to the OSB bar!:)

There are positive and negative of it as far as apps are concerned when those Apps developers failed or still lazy to update the apps codes to Auto-Hide the OSB bar in their Apps.:)

However, the OSB surely produces much more positive elements than a negative few!

The back buttons, in fact, after using it for 6 days, are non-issue once you get use to it, Frankly, I find it better than normal side bitton now!

Other than that! Awesome toy! No complaint at all after 6 days of usage trying out everything!.:s22:

Oh Ya! the battery charging speed on this phone is likes F1 racing car! Super fast charging!
 
Last edited:

George Soros

Master Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
30
Welcome to the Pro 2 club! :)

Yes! This awesome LG phone is underated and undermined by a lot of consumers!

We should promote this phone as it is really an solid and high performance phone and yet its pretty cheap. !)

The OSB is good and after a while, you will not "pay attention" or "notice" or "be bothered" at all by the side OSB bar in game play as the 5.9" big screen is enough to offset the OSB bar's appearance on the side. :)
I want find casing ler....
 

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
4,567
Reaction score
6
Wait lor...

I also waiting for the Spigen Ultra Fitr Shell (Crystal Clear) to arrive in shops by end of this week....:D

I have been naked for 6 days....very scary! :s8:
Have decided to use it naked until a very slim flip case is available haha
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top