LG G4

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
6,345
Reaction score
220
I got a feel of the G4 at Starhub PS.

The plastic one... eww. The worst in hand. The flagships for this year have glass and metal and the plastic G4 is pretty disgusting. Touched it once and put it back to the stand.

Now the leather... my God. it feels VERY GOOD in the hands, and the entire phone feels so light, and the subtle curved screen... very very nice feel! The screen I liked a lot too, though I'd say it isn't as bright or as dim as AMOLED screens.

The camera...!!! SUPERB. I Cannot decide if the S6 OR G4 has better camera man, but the shooting experience on the G4 is really nice.

Anyone knows an estimation to how much the leather G4 will cost at shops like RedWhite Mobile? And if I buy during the launch week will I get stuff like the accessory kit, etc?
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,594
Reaction score
1,128
I got a feel of the G4 at Starhub PS.

The plastic one... eww. The worst in hand. The flagships for this year have glass and metal and the plastic G4 is pretty disgusting. Touched it once and put it back to the stand.

Now the leather... my God. it feels VERY GOOD in the hands, and the entire phone feels so light, and the subtle curved screen... very very nice feel! The screen I liked a lot too, though I'd say it isn't as bright or as dim as AMOLED screens.

The camera...!!! SUPERB. I Cannot decide if the S6 OR G4 has better camera man, but the shooting experience on the G4 is really nice.

Anyone knows an estimation to how much the leather G4 will cost at shops like RedWhite Mobile? And if I buy during the launch week will I get stuff like the accessory kit, etc?
rrp 998...you do the estimation and off set by maybe $50?
 

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
24,746
Reaction score
2,287
I got a feel of the G4 at Starhub PS.

The plastic one... eww. The worst in hand. The flagships for this year have glass and metal and the plastic G4 is pretty disgusting. Touched it once and put it back to the stand.

Now the leather... my God. it feels VERY GOOD in the hands, and the entire phone feels so light, and the subtle curved screen... very very nice feel! The screen I liked a lot too, though I'd say it isn't as bright or as dim as AMOLED screens.

The camera...!!! SUPERB. I Cannot decide if the S6 OR G4 has better camera man, but the shooting experience on the G4 is really nice.

Anyone knows an estimation to how much the leather G4 will cost at shops like RedWhite Mobile? And if I buy during the launch week will I get stuff like the accessory kit, etc?
Probably street shops doesn't come with freebies. :(

Sent from LGE G Flex 2 (H959) using GAGT
 

myhairverypain

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2012
Messages
1,956
Reaction score
0
I got a feel of the G4 at Starhub PS.

The plastic one... eww. The worst in hand. The flagships for this year have glass and metal and the plastic G4 is pretty disgusting. Touched it once and put it back to the stand.

Now the leather... my God. it feels VERY GOOD in the hands, and the entire phone feels so light, and the subtle curved screen... very very nice feel! The screen I liked a lot too, though I'd say it isn't as bright or as dim as AMOLED screens.

The camera...!!! SUPERB. I Cannot decide if the S6 OR G4 has better camera man, but the shooting experience on the G4 is really nice.

Anyone knows an estimation to how much the leather G4 will cost at shops like RedWhite Mobile? And if I buy during the launch week will I get stuff like the accessory kit, etc?

I think plastic or metal/glass is subjective. I for one prefer plastic over metal and glass due to weight and fingerprints and stains. Which is why i loved and hated Sony Z series phones. The glass is really a PITA to maintain and it weighs a brick. And to maintain having removable batt it makes more sense to have removable plastic back cover. But the leather G4 is indeed really nice. Wonder if the leather affects the weight.

And also im not sure about current amoled screens but on S4 amoled can barely see under the sun while ips screens have no problem.
 

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
6,345
Reaction score
220
rrp 998...you do the estimation and off set by maybe $50?

:eek: was the G3 RRP at 998?

Probably street shops doesn't come with freebies. :(

Sent from LGE G Flex 2 (H959) using GAGT

damn it

I think plastic or metal/glass is subjective. I for one prefer plastic over metal and glass due to weight and fingerprints and stains. Which is why i loved and hated Sony Z series phones. The glass is really a PITA to maintain and it weighs a brick. And to maintain having removable batt it makes more sense to have removable plastic back cover. But the leather G4 is indeed really nice. Wonder if the leather affects the weight.

And also im not sure about current amoled screens but on S4 amoled can barely see under the sun while ips screens have no problem.

but the plastic on the G4 is... just not good. if you want plastic, I personally think the G3's brushed faux-metal plastic, or heck even Samsung's faux leather plastic feel better. something feels very cheap about the G4 plastic.

leather to me is shiok because leather is meant to be worn and torn... gives it an ageless look when there's a bit of discoloration and stuff over time. and don't say I'm gross but I took a sniff at the leather back, and sadly it doesn't smell like a leather wallet :s13:
 

bbcccc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
21,562
Reaction score
561
mobilesquare got le wor
dunno how muchie sia
just updated my g pro2 to lollipop yest nite
dunno wanna change bo
lolz
 

Fone2fone

Junior Member
Joined
May 21, 2015
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
But then those freebies can easily get from qoo10 for less than $100 and the only interesting one is the battery and charger. So no matter how, it's still cheaper to buy from street if not signing contract.

Freebies is just a attraction... Got to pay higher price comparing street is more cheaper..is just pay $ for freebies.lol
 

tikokia

Master Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
110
adix82 selling leather back at XXX and plastic at XXX sgd, i think he does delivery also i not sure
 
Last edited:

batboyz

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
2,892
Reaction score
1
adix82 selling leather back at 855 and plastic at 800 sgd, i think he does delivery also i not sure

He should have delivery since there is no physical shop for adix82 anymore. In fact, he mentioned:

on the move. Meet u outside ur doorstep also can.

Reasonably good price, but wonder if he still accepts that Citibank installment that he advertised previously.
 
Last edited:

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,594
Reaction score
1,128
He should have delivery since there is no physical shop for adix82 anymore. In fact, he mentioned:



Reasonably good price, but wonder if he still accepts that Citibank installment that he advertised previously.

ask him and see la..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top