[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,053
Reaction score
854
That's the one. Menu bar refers to the whole bar. Did you even bother to click on the link? Below quoted is taken from the first paragraph..
Oh. Thanks for the info. I did read the link but didnt see the info clearly. My bad. Sorry.
 

nicholasoh

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
Hi, I have ordered a MBP last thursday evening via Apple Store. Supposedly to be sent today (Monday). Usually, what time will they deliver it? Will they call you when they are out for delivery? Thanks in advance.
 

PsYkOoOoO

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
Hi, I have ordered a MBP last thursday evening via Apple Store. Supposedly to be sent today (Monday). Usually, what time will they deliver it? Will they call you when they are out for delivery? Thanks in advance.

I've ordered via the online store twice now, and they've arrived before noon on both occasions. No, they won't call you before they deliver it.
 

simcher

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2000
Messages
6,917
Reaction score
6
since she uses photoshop, i suggest 4gb, anyway ram are very cheap now, might as well get 2x 4gb....
 

phoby

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2001
Messages
685
Reaction score
0
Is it possible to install ssd into my 2011 imac ? Does applecare include the installations ? If so any idea what price would it be guys ?
 

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
11
Is it possible to install ssd into my 2011 imac ? Does applecare include the installations ? If so any idea what price would it be guys ?

AppleCare does not cover 3rd party products. And SSD installations void the warranty anyway.
 

burger

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2002
Messages
8,367
Reaction score
8
My MBP (late 2008) recently has been unable to connect to my wireless network after booting up. I need to restart (sometimes more than once) before it detects and connects to my wireless network. Resetting the PRAM did not help, as the problem is still happening intermittently.


Any recommended place to upgrade the RAM? Still using the default 2GB.
 

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2000
Messages
7,448
Reaction score
6
Does anyone know where to buy OEM wired mac keyboards and mice?
I know we can use PC Keyboards, but i'd just like to have the mac key formats without remembering which keys are supposed to be for which keys.... :p
 

jAguero_

Master Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
3,356
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

I'm having difficulty with using the address bar as the search bar in Safari browser. Just wondering does anyone actually have a ready-solution to bypass this border?

For those of you saying you can just extend your little pinky out and tapping 'tab' whenever you open up a new tab, but when you actually do this 100 times per day (which I normally do in a day, new tab then type whatever I want to look for in Google Chrome), it REALLY becomes a hassle. No joke.

The only thing that is stopping me from fulling transitioning well into Safari is this. If it gets resolve it will enhance my surfing experience so much more.

That being said, I love what Safari has to offer - stability. Hopefully someone out there has a solution and sees this. Thanks!
 

simcher

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2000
Messages
6,917
Reaction score
6
Hey guys,

I'm having difficulty with using the address bar as the search bar in Safari browser. Just wondering does anyone actually have a ready-solution to bypass this border?

For those of you saying you can just extend your little pinky out and tapping 'tab' whenever you open up a new tab, but when you actually do this 100 times per day (which I normally do in a day, new tab then type whatever I want to look for in Google Chrome), it REALLY becomes a hassle. No joke.

The only thing that is stopping me from fulling transitioning well into Safari is this. If it gets resolve it will enhance my surfing experience so much more.

That being said, I love what Safari has to offer - stability. Hopefully someone out there has a solution and sees this. Thanks!
as far as i know, there is no way to do what you want to do.

I believe you know Google Chrome browser is available on OS X also right?
 

jAguero_

Master Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
3,356
Reaction score
0
as far as i know, there is no way to do what you want to do.

I believe you know Google Chrome browser is available on OS X also right?

Yeah, but I don't like Chrome as much as Safari. Just a personal preference. I only use Chrome for work & functionality, but when I want to do things like watching videos etc, I generally prefer the look of Safari, haha.

*Edit: GREAT! I just found out Omnibar, it is a Safari-extension that enables me to perform what I wanted to in my previous post. Awesome extension :)
 
Last edited:

ShawnLiew

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2011
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Photo Booth

Hi, I am using a 2011 13" i7 MBP. Whenever I record a video using Photo Booth in Full Screen (Lion), My Photo Booth seems to be using about 100~200% of my CPU (From iStatPro on Dashboard). Is this normal?
 

[[ShadowBlade]]

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
0
hey , i curious by default expose function is F3 is there other default keys function to lauch "expose" instead F3? under SL OSX.
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311
Hi, I am using a 2011 13" i7 MBP. Whenever I record a video using Photo Booth in Full Screen (Lion), My Photo Booth seems to be using about 100~200% of my CPU (From iStatPro on Dashboard). Is this normal?

Normal

hey , i curious by default expose function is F3 is there other default keys function to lauch "expose" instead F3? under SL OSX.

system preferences -> Under Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts.
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311
Hey guys,

I'm having difficulty with using the address bar as the search bar in Safari browser. Just wondering does anyone actually have a ready-solution to bypass this border?

For those of you saying you can just extend your little pinky out and tapping 'tab' whenever you open up a new tab, but when you actually do this 100 times per day (which I normally do in a day, new tab then type whatever I want to look for in Google Chrome), it REALLY becomes a hassle. No joke.

The only thing that is stopping me from fulling transitioning well into Safari is this. If it gets resolve it will enhance my surfing experience so much more.

That being said, I love what Safari has to offer - stability. Hopefully someone out there has a solution and sees this. Thanks!
How about : CMD + L ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top