[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
41,253
Reaction score
5,677
I keep getting "this accessory may not be supported" when trying to charge iphone 6 from PC USB port, dont tell me to charge from apple adapter cause there is no power outlet. How to fixed this once and for all?
 

EldonChew

Senior Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
0
I keep getting "this accessory may not be supported" when trying to charge iphone 6 from PC USB port, dont tell me to charge from apple adapter cause there is no power outlet. How to fixed this once and for all?

Is your lightning cable MFI or the original one?

Btw this is [Mac 101] =:p
 

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
41,253
Reaction score
5,677
Is your lightning cable MFI or the original one?

Btw this is [Mac 101] =:p
s
It is original, I post here since there are more experts here. Not sure why the prompt happen but it is only intermittent. ;)=:p
 

EldonChew

Senior Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
0
s
It is original, I post here since there are more experts here. Not sure why the prompt happen but it is only intermittent. ;)=:p

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1788933
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1799485

Might be iOS 8 bug or the cable got problem..

Try:

- Use power socket instead of USB idk lol just try

- Use other lightning cable and see if problem still persist

- Use same lightning cable on other phone see if the problem pops out

Does the phone still charge though?
 

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
41,253
Reaction score
5,677
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1788933
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1799485

Might be iOS 8 bug or the cable got problem..

Try:

- Use power socket instead of USB idk lol just try

- Use other lightning cable and see if problem still persist

- Use same lightning cable on other phone see if the problem pops out

Does the phone still charge though?
surprisingly the phone still charges everytime, I could try with another lightning cable but at the moment there is only one.

Power socket adapter is fine but perfer to charge by usb port 3.0 as there may not have avaialbe socket.
 

zook09

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
245
Reaction score
0
I have an iPod Nano 5G (one with camera) and its battery is dying.
Anywhere to replace it at a reasonable cost ?
Official Apple cost is about > 100 , I think.
Thanks
 

aamaterasu

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
409
Reaction score
41
Hi guy,

I just ordered a mac air but have yet to open it. I am wondering if I could use it because I am waiting for the upcoming event to see if the new mac air would be released. And if it does, I wanna do a return haha.

Anyway, if there any failure test I should do to ensure my mac is fine and is it possible to just put my cs6 prog from my window desktop and transfer it into the mac?

Thanks!
 

asriznet

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
Hi guy,

I just ordered a mac air but have yet to open it. I am wondering if I could use it because I am waiting for the upcoming event to see if the new mac air would be released. And if it does, I wanna do a return haha.

Anyway, if there any failure test I should do to ensure my mac is fine and is it possible to just put my cs6 prog from my window desktop and transfer it into the mac?

Thanks!

- if you bought it from the apple online store, you have 14 days to return it
- what failure test are you looking for? OS X Mountain Lion: Use Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test
- CS6 prog from window desktop? you need the mac version of CS6 installed, unless you are trying to install windows on your mac with bootcamp or virtual machine.
 

VodkaPear

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
125
Hi guys,

I have a mbp retina bought 5mths ago.
Since I do protect my mbp so i bought a cheaper mat to put under the mbp, so wont rub againt the table.

but who knows, ytd when i lift up the mbp, i notice that the 2 out of 4 black rubber like wore off or it become slimmer and cause my mbp to rub against the mat and cause many small dots of scratches/coating rub off.

so can i know whether is it able to replace the black rubbeR? since i dun think those small dots can b clean off already.

disappointed.
 

asriznet

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I have a mbp retina bought 5mths ago.
Since I do protect my mbp so i bought a cheaper mat to put under the mbp, so wont rub againt the table.

but who knows, ytd when i lift up the mbp, i notice that the 2 out of 4 black rubber like wore off or it become slimmer and cause my mbp to rub against the mat and cause many small dots of scratches/coating rub off.

so can i know whether is it able to replace the black rubbeR? since i dun think those small dots can b clean off already.

disappointed.

Unfortunately this article is not meant for Macbook Pro Retina - MacBook Pro: Bottom case foot replacement DIY instructions

Call in AppleCare and see if they have different DIY option for you or if they asked you to bring it in to an AASP, see if they can provide an exception to have those replaced.
 

bluebellas

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
149
Reaction score
26
Macbook Air Comma and Full Stop keys not responding

Hi

Can anyone help me? The comma and full stop keys on my Macbook Air suddenly stop responding

No longer under warranty

Where can I send for repair or does anyone know any solution to this?

:(
 

LaoJiaoLaoGao

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
7,012
Reaction score
0
updating it now at home, 5gb so it takes a while

Thanks for the update. Do let us know if you face any difficulties after upgrading as i recall there are devs commenting that there are some apps that don't work in yosemite during the beta phase.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top