- Joined
- May 24, 2004
- Messages
- 95,223
- Reaction score
- 311
yes can (unless u encrypted using filevault) u can even boot into it using another Mac...
If it's encrypted, user will be prompted for password so no issues
yes can (unless u encrypted using filevault) u can even boot into it using another Mac...
yes can (unless u encrypted using filevault) u can even boot into it using another Mac...
If it's encrypted, user will be prompted for password so no issues![]()
Hello!
I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011), and I am starting to get annoyed at how I sometimes experience really bad slow downs. Any tips on how to make this thing go even a little bit faster?
My unit comes with 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, and an 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 processor with a 500GB HD.
Thank you![]()
I see, which SSD? I think you need a specific one right? Just like for upgrading RAM?
Ok thank you
Would it be best to upgrade RAM as well? I think for that part it's a little more complicated?
If you have momentarily slowdown on your machine, then upgrading RAM to at least 8GB is the first step to go. Go for it before upgrading to SSD.Ok thank you
Would it be best to upgrade RAM as well? I think for that part it's a little more complicated?
For Applecare, is it possible to buy it like almost one year after purchase of an apple product and also at student pricing separately?
yes you may, provided the free warranty for the device has yet to expire. i had also done so. but do note that every purchase that utilises the student privilege must ensure that you have a valid student credential. if not, your apple account will be blacklisted for life and they will charge you the remaining price difference.
in my 4 years in school, i bought a macbook pro at apple store and before the warranty expires, i bought an apple care at student pricing too.



Is it worth it to get the non retina 2012 MBP and DIY upgrade the ram to 8gb n swop the hdd to ssd? Save $$ as compared to getting the retina mbp?
I am matriculating this month and have my NTU email and student account already. Lack a student id card though.
Wanted to get a 256 GB MBP 13 now but if I were to get the Applecare also, it would go over my budget so I am thinking of extending the warranty maybe 10 months later. Ya, I saw that I could purchase Applecare at student price separately(need to dig into their site to find it lol). Thanks!!
My school probably sells a little cheaper but I don't think they come with the Beats Solo 2 Wireless Apple store is giving right now.![]()