[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

Laneige

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
114,945
Reaction score
16,710
serious? I had a case in nov (I think), and I was still able to talk to the advisers in the states / oz in the middle of the night.

now need to wait until sg operating hours for online chat.

Call like aft 7pm
N then can arrange for the senior tech to call u back if things r not settled
So far mostly spoke. To ppl Frm Ireland
 

Laneige

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
114,945
Reaction score
16,710
i just got my first ever mac, a rmbp. when i charge it and use it, i get a tingling feeling along the front edge and on the wrist area and when i touch the metal charge connector on the adapter if its powered on. im using the 3 pin connector with the earth.

anyone got the same issue? im an EE by trade and i gotten quite a few zaps and shocks before but not a tingling feeling till now.

Get Frm where

If apple store tell them yr concern
See can get replacement set or not
Within 14days of receiving it
Better fast hand fast leg
Call the support n check
If ok then arrange liao
 

jnetsix

Senior Member
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
868
Reaction score
0
i just got my first ever mac, a rmbp. when i charge it and use it, i get a tingling feeling along the front edge and on the wrist area and when i touch the metal charge connector on the adapter if its powered on. im using the 3 pin connector with the earth.

anyone got the same issue? im an EE by trade and i gotten quite a few zaps and shocks before but not a tingling feeling till now.

All macbook series with aluminum casing will have electrostatic effect when using them with plug in supply.
Btw if you check properly your macbook charger, it is not grounded though using 3 pins plug.
 

Munchies

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
1,642
Reaction score
1
Very true, the adapter doesnt use the earth pin. Serious all mbps have this issue or should i listen to the other poster's advice and change the unit or the adapter.
 

weathersohot

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
7,752
Reaction score
404
Anyway, does anyone have issues with flash on their macbooks? There are times when I run flash (especially flash), my computer may hang, or screen turns black, or when I accidentally press the power button, the computer goes to sleep. In all of the cases, I have to force reboot the system.

I have tried refreshing the PRAM etc, and reinstalling OSX, but the problem is still there.
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
Anyway, does anyone have issues with flash on their macbooks? There are times when I run flash (especially flash), my computer may hang, or screen turns black, or when I accidentally press the power button, the computer goes to sleep. In all of the cases, I have to force reboot the system.

I have tried refreshing the PRAM etc, and reinstalling OSX, but the problem is still there.

have you updated your flash?
 

weathersohot

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
7,752
Reaction score
404
the problem of "cannot wake the computer up after sleep" still not solved. happens even if no flash apps running.

anyway, is it a valid reason to ask the service center to check my computer because of that? they keep asking me to refresh my PRAM last time, and the last resort is to reinstall OSX. all these I do already. but problem still there. z
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,478
Reaction score
3,162
the problem of "cannot wake the computer up after sleep" still not solved. happens even if no flash apps running.

anyway, is it a valid reason to ask the service center to check my computer because of that? they keep asking me to refresh my PRAM last time, and the last resort is to reinstall OSX. all these I do already. but problem still there. z

tried troubleshooting using this already?

How to tackle waking a stubbornly sleeping Mac | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews
 

weird

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,747
Reaction score
0
I just got a new rMBP but i can't copy file to ext HDD.

why ah?

but i can copy files from ext HDD to lappy
 

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
14,972
Reaction score
1,161
I just got a new rMBP but i can't copy file to ext HDD.

why ah?

but i can copy files from ext HDD to lappy

Mac cannot write on NTFS, must convert it to other format IIRC.

Anyone know if theres any place that offer such ability to convert? I got not enough diskspace to move my stuff in my hard disk over
 

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2001
Messages
7,754
Reaction score
581
Just change the HDD to a SSD. Connected mmy 5S to the MBP and the itunes fot sstuck at the page below. The sings never got transferred. Anyone knows why?

 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
Just change the HDD to a SSD. Connected mmy 5S to the MBP and the itunes fot sstuck at the page below. The sings never got transferred. Anyone knows why?

u trying to sync from mac to phone or phone back to mac?

phone back to mac, you need to run transfer purchases and not scan media which just scans for available media on your internal storage.

anyway, transfer might not work for non-itunes purchases music.
 

bockscar

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
0
Urgent query:

When i turn on my Macbook Pro it goes into a 'flashing folder' situation.

When i hold down ALT to select the boot drive it goes into Internet Recovery. I have not clicked Internet Recovery because I don't wanna rush into things.

I've searched the internet and there could be two problems:

1. Hard Drive damaged
2. Software problem, meaning that i will need to reinstall OS X

I'm hoping that is the second situation, and I'll remove the hard drive and try to connect it to another computer to obtain my files first, before i might decide to get a new hard drive to install OS X

I don't want to immediately use Internet Recovery at the risk of wiping out my hard drive which may not be spoilt. I do not have a backup of my hard drive files (really need) so i want to try and salvage it at least.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top