Macross / Robotech lovers

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
Seriously was Macross Quarter that expensive? I dunno cause my brother gave it to me as a wedding gift. Must have seriously emptied the poor boy's banking account.. hemm....

I hate YAMATO!!! Why cant they revert back to the tv series edition.. I seriously dun like the movie ver... sheesh.....

Ooo.. you must have been married quite recently then. The past 2 years. Yea, it's $330. I think it's more than what i paid for for my Yamato YF 21.

Not THAT ex. But still significant.

Quite a good model actually, the Macross Quarter. Just a little too ex for what it offers though, imho.

As for the SDF-1, i think if Yamato can be bothered to, it's not very hard for them to produce a tv vers. They just need to build new molds for the "arms", use stronger magnets and possibly new piece for the "elbow" and it should be done. If they made the weight of the ship-arms same as the ARMDs. Though, collectionDX insists that the TV series and the DYRL SDF-1 are completely different. haha.

link: http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2010/sdf1_macross_do_you_remember_love_type
 
Last edited:

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
some time classic are better than new model. Once in a while, i still open up my classic matchbox SDF-1 macross (TV version) :p
 

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
lol. Working life has its merits.. buying a Macross model = missing a coupla movies for a few months.

If i could turn back time, I would have bought the TV model and kept it.. sighz....
 

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
HOW IN THE WORLD DID THEY MAKE THE CAKE STAND!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

But I dun wan it in cake. I want it in PLASTIC and METAL!!!!
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Haha, for a plastic and metal at kind of size, think you have to pay lots of $$ for it lor. talking about hard core fans .. lol
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
don't be sad, if u can't have the old toys why not settle for something else,

How about a macross SDF-1 CAKE ???

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/10/super-dimensional_wedding_cake_macross.php

Check this out man ... power !!!

Holy crap man. Wonderful wife that would make.

Cakes stand with pipes in them. Haha. Not purely cake in there.

Anyway updates:

4.jpg


Sauce: http://mecha-guy.blogspot.com/2011/02/dx-chogokin-yf-29-alto-custom-hobby.html
 

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
that's the new model for Frontier. its not in Singapore yet. zzzzz...

Wow. that's like super cute! I cant this type of collectibles... why.....
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
that's the new model for Frontier. its not in Singapore yet. zzzzz...

Wow. that's like super cute! I cant this type of collectibles... why.....

You've gotta wait a few more months bro. Release in June. :(

edit:

Oh sorry. i blur. model is out on 26th feb, which is a couple of days. not months. haha. the one releasing in june is DX Chogokin.

Model:

9af244ca715c8ba06f441505c96ea8ea.jpg


Sauce: http://blog.goo.ne.jp/yshobbyblog/e/c912362fa43b1e33ec0f69f56f9f1f53

DX Chogokin:

2.jpg


Sauce: http://mecha-guy.blogspot.com/2011/02/1100-macross-frontier-movie-ver-yf-29_24.html
 
Last edited:

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
actually I always get die-cast models only. too lazy to put the model together cause my coloring skills sux. ={PPP
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
same same. I just want to play and pose it. not want to spend too much time fixing it up :p
 

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
But some of the self-assembled models come with more perks? Like for the Frontier models, I think the Luca's VF came with the three extra drones.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top