MARI invest

sp0inK

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
1,262
Reaction score
33
thinking of transferring cash from UOB One (100k) to Mari Invest once the nerfs hit tomorrow.

any drawbacks to this move?
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
1,633
thinking of transferring cash from UOB One (100k) to Mari Invest once the nerfs hit tomorrow.

any drawbacks to this move?
Mari invest is an investment, not a a place for you to hold money safely

Your capital isn't guaranteed. Do take note of this.

If you intend to rip the profits or hold short term, sure go ahead. Please reconsider if you intending to use it like a bank.

Alternatively just use the maribank 2.88%
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,550
Reaction score
3,235
Mari invest is an investment, not a a place for you to hold money safely

Your capital isn't guaranteed. Do take note of this.

If you intend to rip the profits or hold short term, sure go ahead. Please reconsider if you intending to use it like a bank.

Alternatively just use the maribank 2.88%
If ppl play us stocks change so much SGD to USD I think it is ok for one to hoot Mari Invest subject to a limit of cuz. Furthermore Mari Invest is in SGD less one headache to do currency exchange and lose some monies.
 

sp0inK

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
1,262
Reaction score
33
since 01 May is public holiday, should i only transfer into mari invest from 02 May 12am onwards? if not the 1 day interest is gone right. Cash is in another bank acc.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
1,633
since 01 May is public holiday, should i only transfer into mari invest from 02 May 12am onwards? if not the 1 day interest is gone right. Cash is in another bank acc.
I went into Mari Invest on a Friday afternoon but as the buy in cut off time was over (7.30am), my purchase was completed on the next Monday afternoon but was given the weekends profits on Tuesday.

While mine could just be dumb luck, it would be safer to make the purchase on 2nd May, before 7.30am, so that your purchase will be finalized at 3-4PM on the same day.

https://www.maribank.sg/help-centre...ce-my-buy-order-and-when-will-it-be-processed
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,550
Reaction score
3,235
since 01 May is public holiday, should i only transfer into mari invest from 02 May 12am onwards? if not the 1 day interest is gone right. Cash is in another bank acc.
Rule of thumb for me is weekend and public holiday fund manager not buying into fund. So for me will be 02 May.
 

lovelei

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2011
Messages
685
Reaction score
4
There will be a fee soon, from 1 Jul 2024, the annual management fee for the Lion-MariBank SavePlus fund will be 0.25% p.a.

Gotta say Mari Invest is more conservative than your standard SGD MMF. DYOR.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
1,633
There will be a fee soon, from 1 Jul 2024, the annual management fee for the Lion-MariBank SavePlus fund will be 0.25% p.a.

Gotta say Mari Invest is more conservative than your standard SGD MMF. DYOR.
This management fee has always been there, just that LION GLOBAL charges just 0.125% for this promo period that ends on 30 Jun 2024
https://www.maribank.sg/fees-rates/mari-invest
 

Lè Crayons

Master Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
3,288
Reaction score
2,155
I went into Mari Invest on a Friday afternoon but as the buy in cut off time was over (7.30am), my purchase was completed on the next Monday afternoon but was given the weekends profits on Tuesday.

While mine could just be dumb luck, it would be safer to make the purchase on 2nd May, before 7.30am, so that your purchase will be finalized at 3-4PM on the same day.

https://www.maribank.sg/help-centre...ce-my-buy-order-and-when-will-it-be-processed
The dividends/profits is not based on dumb luck but on the NAV.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,550
Reaction score
3,235
There will be a fee soon, from 1 Jul 2024, the annual management fee for the Lion-MariBank SavePlus fund will be 0.25% p.a.

Gotta say Mari Invest is more conservative than your standard SGD MMF. DYOR.
As of today mutual fund that can give me instant withdrawal up to 10k by itself is great achievement already. Moomoo Fullerton Liquidity is not even that instant too.

Sometimes want to put say Syfe Cash+ Guaranteed or StashAway Simple Guaranteed when they revise rates I need instant withdrawal to lock in fast.

For those eSaver iSavvy they used to be my go-to now their not so good rates I am slowly reducing.
 

JivBunny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
19,671
Reaction score
4,331
Mari invest is one of the simplest, fuss free & low risk investment tool I have seen.

Quick draw out of up to $10k is also something good if you need liquid urgently.

I have recently move some out because of the UOB 150k one account requirements but still keeping vested so far as it is averaging 3.8% for me so far.
 

JivBunny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
19,671
Reaction score
4,331
There will be a fee soon, from 1 Jul 2024, the annual management fee for the Lion-MariBank SavePlus fund will be 0.25% p.a.

Gotta say Mari Invest is more conservative than your standard SGD MMF. DYOR.

Like others said, the fees are already here at 0.125%. In any case, whatever % amount you see have already factored in these management fees, so what you see is what you get. No complex calculations required.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,550
Reaction score
3,235
There will be a fee soon, from 1 Jul 2024, the annual management fee for the Lion-MariBank SavePlus fund will be 0.25% p.a.

Gotta say Mari Invest is more conservative than your standard SGD MMF. DYOR.
If you old bird in mutual fund investing you will know sure got fees only how much. Fund managers etc need to be paid for doing work mah. Even ETF also got just lower fees.

Rule of thumb is as long as the investment instrument give you returns of some percentage after all fee deduction it is worth a gamble.

Recently I fall into ETF trap of low fees becuz it did not perform as well as I expected. I compare this to an equivalent mutual fund which has higher fees.

Lastly forget about world ETF it is basically US centric ETF and the English word "World" mislead me.
 

JivBunny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
19,671
Reaction score
4,331
Just something interesting that I noted, it’s a small amount but maybe good for those who are interested.

recently I cashed out >$10k from Mari Invest.

I triggered the sell on a Monday and received the money on Tuesday after 6pm.

Usually, Tuesday is the time when we received the weekend NAV accrued over the weekend or based on what I originally have. But the amount I received is the balance of what I have after selling $20k.

so from this, we can say that the best time the best time to sell is likely Tuesday or Wednesday.
 

sallybee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2023
Messages
1,639
Reaction score
577
Just something interesting that I noted, it’s a small amount but maybe good for those who are interested.

recently I cashed out >$10k from Mari Invest.

I triggered the sell on a Monday and received the money on Tuesday after 6pm.

Usually, Tuesday is the time when we received the weekend NAV accrued over the weekend or based on what I originally have. But the amount I received is the balance of what I have after selling $20k.

so from this, we can say that the best time the best time to sell is likely Tuesday or Wednesday.
so you are saying by right you should received your capital+accured interest . however now you received extra interest is it?
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,348
Reaction score
4,371
Just something interesting that I noted, it’s a small amount but maybe good for those who are interested.

recently I cashed out >$10k from Mari Invest.

I triggered the sell on a Monday and received the money on Tuesday after 6pm.

Usually, Tuesday is the time when we received the weekend NAV accrued over the weekend or based on what I originally have. But the amount I received is the balance of what I have after selling $20k.

so from this, we can say that the best time the best time to sell is likely Tuesday or Wednesday.
i just like to add that for tue, u have to sell after 7.30am to enjoy the weekend returns. downside is that u will only receive $20k cash on wed lor. additionally, u can split sell $10k + $10k on separate days to get your money earlier than wed 6pm.
 
Last edited:

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,348
Reaction score
4,371
since 01 May is public holiday, should i only transfer into mari invest from 02 May 12am onwards? if not the 1 day interest is gone right. Cash is in another bank acc.
mari invest return for wed (ph) will reflect on fri (tmr). not sure if i have confused u. :p
 

iceoxfch

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2023
Messages
247
Reaction score
126
IMO the only product comparable to Mari Invest is Wise Interest. Both lets you withdraw and spend instantly. No other MMFs offer this. It's perfect for low SES users who want higher returns with instant liquidity, albeit with some risks.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top