MARI invest

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,560
Reaction score
3,241
Wise interest for SGD is put into LG MMF I don't see it perform as well as Mari Invest Saveplus. But it offer instant withdrawal I guess ok alternative.

Edit: just saw Wise take their own cut by withdraw from your balance wow why cannot all in the fund fees before show NAV ? I find this no good
 

leinaday

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
104
Reaction score
5
mari invest return for wed (ph) will reflect on fri (tmr). not sure if i have confused u. :p
yes i got a lot of returns on Fri.... so do we get returns on Sat and Sun? if none, shld we withdraw friday and redeposit on Monday before 730am?
 

iceoxfch

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2023
Messages
247
Reaction score
126
Wise interest for SGD is put into LG MMF I don't see it perform as well as Mari Invest Saveplus. But it offer instant withdrawal I guess ok alternative.
Wise Interest is good for people who frequently spend FCY with Wise. Its an extra incentive to leave their float with Wise.

just saw Wise take their own cut by withdraw from your balance wow why cannot all in the fund fees before show NAV ?
Agreed. I would prefer seeing NAV net of fees too
 

1l92041H

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2021
Messages
1,673
Reaction score
615
can mari do the following?

1.) add fave payee bank account details
2.) scheduled transfer?
 

trixxy

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
I remb mari invest the last time I want to sign up few months ago it requires enter business UEN then I give up until now I tried again it can register for everyone. Anyone encounter this before?
 

l0nEr_

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
694
Reaction score
3
actually, who is the custodian of Mari invest? the funds they invest in lion global is held in our names, like endowus and stashaway?
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,560
Reaction score
3,241
actually, who is the custodian of Mari invest? the funds they invest in lion global is held in our names, like endowus and stashaway?
Wait StashAway is held in our names? Which portfolio you referring to? I believe StashAway and Syfe are in very similar business model.

Agree Endowus is unique. I am back with them again as they are bringing in some funds not found elsewhere or elsewhere demand high minimum to enter.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,025
Reaction score
1,635
I remb mari invest the last time I want to sign up few months ago it requires enter business UEN then I give up until now I tried again it can register for everyone. Anyone encounter this before?
Registered in Feb, didn't have to enter business UEN.
Maybe contact MariBank to check?
actually, who is the custodian of Mari invest? the funds they invest in lion global is held in our names, like endowus and stashaway?
In theory, Mari Invest MUST keep a list of customers, and their respective sum, who invested in this Lion Global funds.
Lion Global SHOULD ONLY knows that Mari Bank buys into their funds and shouldn't know who are the individual customers.

As for the custodian, I'm not sure. Maybe its Mari Bank parent company, Shopee?
 

Jun666

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
150
Reaction score
43
just received $2.92 for 1 day interest of 10K... which mean the rate is 10.6% 😮
Am I trippin'?
 

sp0inK

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
1,262
Reaction score
33
Thinking to withdraw a portion of Mari invest to put into moomoo 6.8 promo. Which day and time is best for a withdrawal above 10k?
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,363
Reaction score
4,377
Thinking to withdraw a portion of Mari invest to put into moomoo 6.8 promo. Which day and time is best for a withdrawal above 10k?
i just like to add that for tue, u have to sell after 7.30am to enjoy the weekend returns. downside is that u will only receive $20k cash on wed lor. additionally, u can split sell $10k + $10k on separate days to get your money earlier than wed 6pm.
 

sp0inK

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
1,262
Reaction score
33
Hmm submitted seller order on a substantial portion of my Mari invest (>10k) on Wed around 1am. Hours later, the credited returns dropped by roughly the same proportion. Still pending principal to be credited

Is there a specific timing to better withdraw such that I don't lose out on the daily returns? Or is losing out something that is unavoidable
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,560
Reaction score
3,241
Hmm submitted seller order on a substantial portion of my Mari invest (>10k) on Wed around 1am. Hours later, the credited returns dropped by roughly the same proportion. Still pending principal to be credited

Is there a specific timing to better withdraw such that I don't lose out on the daily returns? Or is losing out something that is unavoidable
I have a strong suspicion how Saveplus fund manager work is they reserve a small portion of monies for investors to do instant withdrawal which is why they cap at 10k. Anything above they really need to sell the holdings to give to you which is why need 1 day later.

Typical mutual funds do not offer instant withdrawal feature at all. Mari Invest Saveplus fund is truly unique.
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,363
Reaction score
4,377
I have a strong suspicion how Saveplus fund manager work is they reserve a small portion of monies for investors to do instant withdrawal which is why they cap at 10k. Anything above they really need to sell the holdings to give to you which is why need 1 day later.

Typical mutual funds do not offer instant withdrawal feature at all. Mari Invest Saveplus fund is truly unique.
as per Mar factsheet, 8.4% cash equivalent = $27.3m. it should be enough not to sell any holdings.
https://lgi.dzhintl.com/doc/uploads/documents/index.php?type=FS&fid=OFBF&lang=EN
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,363
Reaction score
4,377
actually, who is the custodian of Mari invest? the funds they invest in lion global is held in our names, like endowus and stashaway?
your 2 questions are conflicting. HSBC hk is the custodian while HSBC in sg manages the unit-holders record.

HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Limited is the registrar for the Fund. The register of Holders of the Fund (the “Register”) can be inspected at 20 Pasir Panjang Road (East Lobby), #12-21 Mapletree Business City, Singapore 117439 during usual business hours subject to reasonable conditions and restrictions as we or the Trustee may impose. The Register is conclusive evidence of the number of Units in any Sub-Fund held by each Holder and the entries in the Register shall prevail if there is any discrepancy between the entries in the Register and the details appearing on any statement of holding, unless the Holder proves to our satisfaction and the satisfaction of the Trustee that the Register is incorrect.
https://lgi.dzhintl.com/doc/uploads/documents/index.php?type=PPHS&fid=UMNWS&lang=EN
 
Last edited:

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,363
Reaction score
4,377
Hmm submitted seller order on a substantial portion of my Mari invest (>10k) on Wed around 1am. Hours later, the credited returns dropped by roughly the same proportion. Still pending principal to be credited

Is there a specific timing to better withdraw such that I don't lose out on the daily returns? Or is losing out something that is unavoidable
tmr (thu) double rate return. this is "pure luck".
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top