MARI invest

rosseau

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
62
Reaction score
46
best time to buy

but how come SG rates havn't up

yah should buy when 10 year treasury yield hits 5.5%.
Good opportunity to enter.

what people here don’t seem to realise is that the yield will increase for MII after existing bonds are swapped out for the higher yield ones that the fund mgr is buying in this environment. As long as you have holding power and can wait it out for that juicy new yield. But of course if you panic and sell then you get the worst of both worlds, LOL.
 
Last edited:

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
I know we shdnt time the market but really grateful for the brothers here who advised to cut loss. If not lose more money until pants bigger hole!
I have posted I withdraw MII months ago. Also I have also posted cutting loss is a strategy by itself. And I do not subscribe 100% to DCA. Market timing can make a difference if applied right. But key is most ppl cannot so they go for DCA.
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,860
Reaction score
2,886
I want to see who wants to fight the Fed tightening and continue to DCA for MII.

US 10Y bond yield is 5.3X% as of now.

Almost 10 years ago I play no stop loss for Forex trading and paid the price (S$30k+ loss). Once the price movement is non stop one directional for months on end you know it is a lost cause.

Short pain is better than long pain. Money lost can be earned back. Practice risk management.

Not judging by the way. 🫡
 
Last edited:

alanchia67

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
14,621
Reaction score
588
Bond Funds are not supposed to DCA like Equities. Equities have potentially unlimited long-term earnings growth and DCA is to reduce the risks in volatile market.

That's my view.
 
Last edited:

lousylah

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
1,405
Reaction score
272
Bond Funds are not supposed to DCA like Equities. Equities have potentially unlimited long-term earnings growth and DCA is to reduce the risks in volatile market.

That's my view.

agree. Even with dividends reinvested, it will take long time plus supportive market conditions (interest rates, etc) to even breakeven.

however there is vocal poster on MM still “advising” people to keep-the-faith and DCA continuously and blindly into bond funds - reckless.
Not like bond funds are any less volatile these days, with interest rate hikes.
Yes too volatile and mostly in the wrong direction. Bond funds will underperform for many many quarters - better to keep in HY account, FD or cash funds if low/no appetite for equities.
 

WoShiPro

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
5,593
Reaction score
223
Just noticed MISP keep having negative returns for the past weeks. Int only 0.6% maybe I should move elsewhere. Which acc has higher int? I need my funds to be liquid.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top